+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted Allen, Judge - Season 3

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Ted Allen, Judge - Season 3

Ted Allen
    Writer, Food & Wine Connoisseur
    Judge

A judge on Bravo's "Top Chef 3 Miami," Ted Allen is the culinary expert on the Emmy Award-winning Bravo hit "Queer Eye," where he helps guests and viewers sharpen their cooking and entertaining skills. He is also the host/narrator of a new wine show on PBS, "Uncorked: Wine Made Simple," due out this summer, and is author of "The Food You Want to Eat: 100 Smart, Simple Recipes" (Clarkson-Potter), a cookbook for beginners that features easy, all-natural recipes for everything from steak to cocktails. Allen also appears regularly as a judge on Food Network's "Iron Chef America."

Allen serves as Food and Wine Ambassador for Robert Mondavi Private Selection wines, offering his expertise on pairing wine with food for everyday enjoyment. Similarly, he acts as a guide for visitors to the Discover Wine! Web site (Discover Wine! with Robert Mondavi) -- the exciting Web site created by Robert Mondavi Private Selection that's packed with fun, accessible information on entertaining with wine. Allen shares his experience and advice about food, wine and entertaining in a role that he has dubbed: Web site "Concierge."

Since 1997, Allen has been a contributing editor to Esquire magazine, where he writes about food, wine, style and everything else the American man needs to know. He was a finalist for a National Magazine Award for his Esquire feature on the little-known phenomenon of male breast cancer. Allen also writes regularly for such outlets as Bon Appétit and Epicurious.com. Before joining Esquire, he was a senior editor and restaurant critic at Chicago Magazine.

In addition to his contributing editorship at Esquire, he is also the author of several books, including New York Times best-seller, "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and the series "Things a Man Should Know."

Allen is a native of Columbus, Ohio. He holds an M.A. in Journalism from New York University, a certificate from the university's Science and Environmental Reporting Program, and a B.A. in psychology from Purdue University, which conferred upon him a Distinguished Alumnus Award in 2004. He lives in New York City.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Ted Allen, Judge - Season 3

Yeah! I am glad to see they realized a good thing!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I just adore him.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

I just knew they would ask him to join the show. Knew it! I am thrilled. I like him, he knows food and is an excellent addition.

I love Ted. Now let's see if they eventually keep incorporating Anthony Bourdain into the show too. They are both my faves.

FORT Fanatic

A lot of people think that Alton Brown would have been a better choice for judge than Ted Allen. I happen to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2440883;
    A lot of people think that Alton Brown would have been a better choice for judge than Ted Allen. I happen to agree.
    Sheesh, I love Alton too. Either would be fine with me.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I like Ted Allen. Alton already has his show and Iron Chef.

I am so happy that Ted will be a part of this season. I wonder why he wasn't on the first episode?

FORT Fanatic

Ted and Gail Simmons are sharing a chair at the judges table. Gail was on for June 13. Ted will be at the judges table on June 20. Gail is in charge of the Food And Wine event at Aspen. She'll be back on June 27.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast