+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Padma Lakshmi - Host

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Padma Lakshmi - Host

The baby's name is Krishna....which is also Sir Ben Kingsley's actual first name.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Padma Lakshmi - Host

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3835174;
    Gawker has further reported that the baby's name is Krishna, and that the father is venture capitalist Adam Dell, brother of Dell Computer founder/CEO Michael Dell. Congratulations to Padma and the (semi-confirmed) father!
    People has confirmed Adam Dell. I guess my Todd English suspicion was wrong.

Adam Dell Is the Father of Padma Lakshmi's Daughter - Babies, Padma Lakshmi : People.com
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Re: Top Chef 11/2 Season Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I guess I thought Padma was still a vegetarian so I Google-d it and found this:
    Padma Lakshmi Puts Baby On Same Vegetarian Diet She’s On
    From this it seems like she's back to being a vegetarian, or so she says, and is raising her baby girl that way also. This article was posted in April of 2011.
    Guess she goes back and forth. In Wikipedia, it quotes her as saying that having been raised vegetarian sometimes makes her squemish when eating some meals w/meat. So to me, that's not a good food judge. I think she's mainly there for eye candy altho I don't really find her that attractive. But judging from her past as a model and a majority of people's views, I'm in the minority.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I agree on Padma.. as I've said manytimes before.. shes so uppity for lack of a better word. To me, she tends to come across dismissive to the Chefs and as if shes 'better than them'. If they want her there as a host (eye-candy) then she should never have a say in the vote or offer her opinion on the dish.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I agree on Padma.. as I've said manytimes before.. shes so uppity for lack of a better word. To me, she tends to come across dismissive to the Chefs and as if shes 'better than them'. If they want her there as a host (eye-candy) then she should never have a say in the vote or offer her opinion on the dish.
    I completely agree.
    Keep her for hosting job but with her on/off vegetarian-ism and squeemish-ness w/some meats, why is she a food judge?
    The rest all have qualifications for judging but she should be dis-qualified, JMHO

Whatever her personal feelings, she doesn't shy away from eating all the food put before her on the show -- she's never refused to eat something because of a certain protein or ingredient. She gives some thoughtful critiques, so I don't know why she should be punished or something. I think what she really needs is a better publicist who will guide her in being clearer about things she says in interviews...

It took me a while, but I grew to really like her.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I like Padma but to say you are vegetarian and being a food judge is just fake. It reminds me of when people on Chopped say they are vegetarian and then act disgusted or surprised when meat is one of the secret ingredients. Eating meat is a huge part of what the judges do on TC.
    Hootie Hoo!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I like Padma, even with all her "uppity" airs. I think she's beautiful, smart, and articulate. I do not, however, think she's a judge on this show. She's more of a host/coordinator. She doesn't have the culinary chops to be a judge, but she loves to give the impression that she does.

Whatever her diet is, I'll bet it's healthy. It took her about a year to lose the excess baby weight, and I admire her for that. She could have taken any number of celebrity "shortcuts" to get her bikini bod back and she didn't.

I bet she's a good mom, too. Go, Padma!

Just because I think it's not right for Padma to be a judge in a reality food show doesn't mean I dislike her or think the worst of her.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Whatever her personal feelings, she doesn't shy away from eating all the food put before her on the show -- she's never refused to eat something because of a certain protein or ingredient. She gives some thoughtful critiques, so I don't know why she should be punished or something.
    I don't want her "punished." I'm just a stickler for fairness, common sense and find this to be a conflict of interest.
    Who knows if she eats everything put before her....they edit everything. I also don't think she has the qualifications to be considered a judge of food. All the other judges are definitely qualified.

My objection to her is not about her personally. What if there was a judge on Work of Art, who's personal preference admitted that they didn't like a certain type of art and wouldn't have it in their home....wouldn't that also be a conflict of interest?
    Duckyface likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think it could be a conflict of interest, DL, if Padma were really a TC judge. I don't believe she is. I don't believe she gets an actual vote.

+ Reply to Thread