+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Padma Lakshmi - Host

Re: Padma Lakshmi - Host

Padma Lakshmi from 'Top Chef' is pregnant

(CNN) -- "Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi is pregnant with her first child, her publicist confirmed to CNN on Thursday.

Lakshmi, 39, has not identified the father. Her representative told US Weekly that the television personality conceived after a long battle with endometriosis.

"Model, author, and Emmy-nominated Padma Lakshmi confirms that she is carrying her first child after years of struggling with endometriosis, a cause for which she has co-founded the Endometriosis Foundation of America," the representative told the magazine.

Endometriosis is a medical condition where the uterus' lining grows in other areas of the body. The often painful condition can cause women to have irregular bleeding and possible infertility.

Lakshmi's publicist also told US Weekly that "As a result of her condition, this pregnancy has been referred to by her physician as nothing short of a medical miracle, and due to its delicate nature, we ask/implore the press to respect Ms. Lakshmi's privacy at this time."

Lakshmi is the ex-wife of famed author Salman Rushdie. She has hosted Bravo's hit show "Top Chef" since its second season and is herself a noted cookbook author.
    Link

Congrats to Padma !

I hope, pray that she will be able to have a full term baby, healthy and safe pregnancy.

During a recent episode, I asked my husband during the Quick Fire challenge if Padma looked pregnant to him. She was wearing black jeans with a checkered vest and when she turned sideways I swore I saw a bump. I even paused the recording and rewatched and it was definitely there. We both decided it was just the outfit because it would have been all over the news if she was truly pregnant.

I'm happy for her, children are such a blessing and I hope everything goes well for her and the baby.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobeck
    Lakshmi is the ex-wife of famed author Salman Rushdie
    Am I the only one who did NOT already know this?

Congratulations to Padma. I wish her all the best.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Endometriosis simply sucks. Poor girl. But yay!! Congrats to her!! I could have sworn she was pregnant on another season though.... maybe I'm confusing her with Heidi.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Padma is coming out with her own line of featuring "a collection of natural spices, artisanal teas and multi-functional kitchenware"

Easy Exotic with Padma Lakshmi, Simply Delicioso by Ingrid Hoffman, Duff Goldman at HSN.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3716359;
    Am I the only one who did NOT already know this?

Congratulations to Padma. I wish her all the best.
    yes

okay, well probably not.

Padma made a fairly bizarre guest appearance on 30 Rock. Anyone else see it?

It's up on Hulu now if you want to go find it. It's the episode called "The Problem Solvers" (Season 4 : Ep. 5).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Padma Lakshmi Is Now a Mom

By Sarah Michaud
    Monday February 22, 2010 09:15 AM EST

Padma Lakshmi is now the happy mother of a daughter.

"Model, author and Emmy-nominated host of Top Chef Padma Lakshmi gave birth to a baby girl named Krishna Thea Lakshmi on Saturday," her rep tells PEOPLE. "Mother and baby are well and happy."

Last month, Lakshmi dropped hints about her daughter's name, saying, "I am going to name the child an Indian name. It will be after someone in my family, so don't expect to see an Anglicized name – it will be a classically Indian Sanskrit name."

Lakshmi, 39, announced her pregnancy in Oct. after years of struggling with endometriosis. She has not identified the baby's father.

Right before the birth, a friend of the TV chef told PEOPLE: "Padma is very happy. She's wanted to be a mom for a long time. She was very relieved and happy when she got pregnant."
    Gawker has further reported that the baby's name is Krishna, and that the father is venture capitalist Adam Dell, brother of Dell Computer founder/CEO Michael Dell. Congratulations to Padma and the (semi-confirmed) father!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread