+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tom Colicchio, Head Judge

FORT Fogey
    Was Tom the only one who wasn't impressed with Dave's food? If we're looking either at the Quickfire challenge as a standalone, or the food of both overall for the season, I recall A LOT more compliments on Tiffani's food than I do on Dave's from ALL people involved in judging.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    Was Tom the only one who wasn't impressed with Dave's food? If we're looking either at the Quickfire challenge as a standalone, or the food of both overall for the season, I recall A LOT more compliments on Tiffani's food than I do on Dave's from ALL people involved in judging.

say no to the tiffani apologists. run to the light. escape the dark side. cleanse your soul before its too late.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    That's too funny gumbeaux.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie

The people who tasted Dave's food seemed to enjoy it.
    Suz

FORT Newbie
    I've been kind of baffled for awhile by Tom's attitude towards Dave. Has anyone read Tom's blog regarding the Napa challenge? He basically said that Dave didn't deserve to win because the guest judges were all professional chefs and "comfort food" (like mac and cheese) is what chefs like to eat on their day off. Gimme a break! How can Tom criticize Tifani for dismissing the palates of 10 year olds during the Monk Fish challenge when he is just as dismissive with 5 star pro chefs!

FORT Fogey
    I don't think he was dismissive there, and I don't think he was discounting Dave's win. If you know the audience you're cooking for, and know how to cook food they enjoy, it's a good thing that you deliver on it. Some of Tom's comments in that blog may have come across as a bit tough on Dave, but i think that was more of an attempt to justify LeeAnn leaving than it was a slap in the face to Dave.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by homecooking View Post
    The Bravo board is exploding with outrage over Tom's obvious prejudice against Dave and for Tiffani. His blog contradicts itself in the reasons why Tiffani made it and not Dave. He calls Dave's win with the poker players a "lucky accident."
    I'm glad others are also on to him. What a waste. First Santino and now this. I hope they re-evaluate Tom's role for next season. Ther more I think about how he treated Dave in favor of TIffani the more of a jerk I think he was as a judge.

Were the other judges too afraid to stand up to him, since he was in the kitchen with the chefs? Tim Gunn isn't allowed to judge on PR, so it's time for Chef Tom to say goodbye from the TC judges table.

It really bothered me when Tom not T-riffic kept saying about Dave "he's the self-proclaimed king of junk food" - as if that makes anyone a great chef? As if he won by accident? Gee, they should close all the culinary institutes, and just give everyone Fritos.

Tom, pack your knives and your fork(ed tongue) and go.

And yes, I can say that with alot more verve than Katie Lee Joelbot.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    It really bothered me when Tom not T-riffic kept saying about Dave "he's the self-proclaimed king of junk food" - as if that makes anyone a great chef? As if he won by accident? Gee, they should close all the culinary institutes, and just give everyone Fritos.
    Since Dave said it about himself, why is it insulting for anyone else to acknowledge it?

+ Reply to Thread