+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tom Colicchio, Head Judge

I thought so too! But wondered if their sound was just really bad, or if it was just me. But it only seems to be Tom's voice. Maybe he's soft spoken in real life and not used to being on Tv.

I like him because he seems like a straight-shooter. His blogs are very to the point too. He reminds me of Tim Gunn. If Tim Gunn had a half brother whose father was a longshoreman! hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    I thought so too! But wondered if their sound was just really bad, or if it was just me. But it only seems to be Tom's voice. Maybe he's soft spoken in real life and not used to being on Tv.

I like him because he seems like a straight-shooter. His blogs are very to the point too. He reminds me of Tim Gunn. If Tim Gunn had a half brother whose father was a longshoreman! hee.
    It seems to me that he speaks on the soft side and tends to mumble a bit or at least doesn't enunciate clearly. That is, unless he's annoyed--he seemed very clear when he was talking to Tiffani on the kids challenge!

True - he had some pointed things to say about that in his blog too!

FORT Fogey
    He comes across to me as the kind of guy who could use 200 words to say something that could be said in 30. So I wonder if they aren't having to use the voiceover with him to shorten the feedback he's giving the contestants. They only seem to use it for the segment recapping all their weaknesses. Maybe he went on and on and on, and rather than trying to edit it down, the producers just wrote a summary and had him voice that over.

Hadn't thought of that! Great point again. It's very true that Tv likes sound bytes. It does not like real-time conversations in their entirety. If he thinks out loud, they likely do have to cut to the chase later on and have him re-speak it.

What would the cooking term be? Concentrating his words?

People not used to being on tv, especially as hosts, do tend to forget that the whole show's only an hour, so they can't take three minutes just to make one comment. Tv is all about the time crunch.

Will have to watch his lips move next time, and see if the words match

FORT Fogey
    I wasn't sure what to think of Tom in early episodes, but in later episodes, he's demonstrated integrity and compassion. I actually really like him - ALOT. He's also very attractive

What would the cooking term be? Concentrating his words?
    Good one, Brandy. You could also say they are doing a verbal "reduction"--mmm, critical roast of chef served with a sauce of port "whine" reduction.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    Will have to watch his lips move next time, and see if the words match
    The weird voice over sound is always when the camera is on the contestant. That's why it stood out so clearly to me.

FORT Regular
    Chef Tom, you dissappointed me terribly on the 4/26 show. If you even read these forums, please see the 4/26 spoiler thread.

SnowflakeGirl - whine reduction. Exactly! Made me chortle.

And then Dave let go with some salty speech in one episode! Oh - ha - I slay me.

+ Reply to Thread