+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Micah - Season 3

Re: Micah - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2451116;
    Micah grew up and graduated from high school in Bridgewater, Massachesetts.
    Oh, where did you find that? From this episode, I thought she said she came from South Africa. So if she really did come from Mass., then she is really going overboard in getting a fake accent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2455039;
    Oh, where did you find that? From this episode, I thought she said she came from South Africa. So if she really did come from Mass., then she is really going overboard in getting a fake accent as well.
    I know, those with fake accents bug me too. Well, it's okay if they're open about the fact that it's the accent they like. But most of those who grew up in the US and went somewhere else claim that they can no longer speak with American accent. Total BS.

I thought her accent was strange. I couldn't place it at all... I guess there are several accents in South Africa. I would have expected a British sounding one...

;0))

PK
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-01-2007 at 10:02 AM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2457340;
    I thought her accent was strange. I couldn't place it at all... I guess there are several accents in South Africa. I would have expected a British sounding one...

;0))

PK
    I was having issues with her accent to be honest as well. Well, now we know why it is strange--she isn't even from South AFrica, but from Bridgewater, Mass. in the USA. She is doing a fake accent, so that would explain why it doesn't ring true. Many people can't fake accents well enough to fool people without vocal coaching.

My son's pediatrician is from South Africa, and Micah sounded much (but not exactly) the same. It's not British...it's "softer" (and hard to describe!).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;2458033;
    My son's pediatrician is from South Africa, and Micah sounded much (but not exactly) the same. It's not British...it's "softer" (and hard to describe!).
    She needed to go, wherever she's from. Too emotional, and not a very good cook. That meatloaf looked awful!! Meatloaf is a no brainer!

They just did a Top Chef marathon...and in the Battle of the Seasons Smackdown episode that preceded this year, they had the Top Chef 3 contestants as judges for the Season One and Two Chefs who were competing.

...and, in a description of Harold's dish (I believe)--Micah says something to the effect of "Oh, I just love when comfort food gets an updating..."

Yet, there she was groaning and moaning about the comfort food challenge (which is where she made her middling meatloaf and was sent home...)

????

pg--loves me some meatloaf...and damn right I put ketchup on it--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2457417;
    I was having issues with her accent to be honest as well. Well, now we know why it is strange--she isn't even from South AFrica, but from Bridgewater, Mass. in the USA. She is doing a fake accent, so that would explain why it doesn't ring true. Many people can't fake accents well enough to fool people without vocal coaching.
    I've met a few people from South Africa. That's what they sound like, for the most part. If there's any variance, its no doubt because being educated in part in the U.S. tends to subtly change even the most stubborn accent. Brits who live here for a long time have the same thing happen.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If you squench your eyes she kind of looks like lucy lawless (Xena)

FORT Fogey

i did not like micah either, but, in all fairness what she said was not a condescending "you americans like ketchup on meatloaf", but simply "americans" i really believe that she did not mean it to sound condescending, i think it was just portrayed that way to create drama. not that she wasnt a pain, she really was, but i hate how things get so totally messed up on reality tv.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12