+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which season of Top Chef do you prefer?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Which season of Top Chef do you prefer?

I think season 1 had better cooks. Harold, Lee Ann, and Tiffani could all slice their way through the season 2 gang.

This season has had too much drama and immature behavior from the contestants.

Season 1 was by far the superior season. The show actually focused on cooking and the challenges were much more entertaining.

This season was full of drama and none of the chefs really seemed like they wanted to win. They were cooking to get by and that does not make for a very exciting competition.

Season 1 was the best. There was drama but the food was the star. And the cheftestants acted more like adults.

FORT Fogey
    Season 1. I know they had drama just like Season 2, but it was a different kind. S2 behavior is just so child-like and it took the focus off the food. For some reason, and IMO, Season 1 drama was more "I'm a better chef than you". Season 2 drama has nothing to do with food.

Plus, they don't get more adorable than Harold. And Leanne and Dave and Miguel and Andrea and yes, even Stephen (who I think is great in his eccentricities).

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    Season 1 was SOOOOO much better. This season there is just too much drama and the food is not as good as last season. Last season's final four (Dave, Harold, Tiffani and LeeAnne) could outcook this season's (Sam, Elia, Marcel and Ilan) any day of the week.

Plus this season didn't have Dave's one liners and the other little jokes of last season. And Stephen's explanations, etc. All the drama this season is magnified and being played up for the camera.

I far prefered Season 1. I think the chefs were just more talented last year. Too bad some of the finalists couldn't have been in this season, they would have won. Despite Tiffani's behavior she could really cook. None of them seemed like they were just trying to skate by with no effort, like it's appeared that a lot of the chefs from this season have done. Or this season's chefs are just not good, so in comparison it seems like they aren't trying very hard.

Season 1 was the better season by far. At least when they ganged up on Tiffani, it appeared like she deserved it. I never was all that impressed by Marcel but, all the petty positioning to make him look bad backfired every time. To watch Elia make that 11th hour accusation that Marcel had been cheating and not have any thing to back it up was extremely discomforting. It was incredibly poor form.

It was a much more immature crew this year. Betty's shrieking at Marcel, and Frank's macho threatening behavior were awful to watch. Last season it was fun to see what silly crap would come from Tiffani's and Stephen's mouths. I disliked them, but still couldn't get enough of them. There were no such sentiments for me this season.

Also, the episode in which they sent Cliff home for what he did to Marcel, should have included the dismissal of Ilan. He was holding the camera and was just as culpable in the deed.

The season was also disappointing in respect to the judges. Most of the guest judges were terrible with the exception of Ted from Queer Eye. Tom Collicho had too much weight in the selection process. I don't think he solely should have been able to check in with the chefs prior to the final presentation. Lastly, until this first Hawaiian episode when she stood up to Tom, I questioned Padma's contribution to the show. It was great to see that she wasn't going to be bullied into a decision by him.

Hope it's a better crew next season and they make some format changes.

FORT Regular

Season One by far---no comparison

I have been hard pressed to find any one of these people I can even stand to watch, let alone a favorite to root for. It's been like the Lord of the Flies Does Catering.

And now Foam Boy is in the finals??? And Sam goes home?

No.

Depressing when I think how much I looked foward to this...

Blech.

Next season I'm thinking they need to have a Miss Congeniality Award. At least then they'll be motivated to be nice to each other, no matter how fake it will be.

FORT Newbie
    I think I prefer season 1 better------I don't like the cast from season 2----Cliff was soooo annoying!! And I think Marcel should win.

FORT Regular
    I agree with all of you. Season 1 rocked in comparison to this season. These people can't hold a candle to even Stephen. (Did I really say that?) Give me a little drama and great cooking and I'm happy. Too much drama, too little great cooking this time.

Donna :nono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast