+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Whoa! Sam is gone!?!

I was debating not watching the show after all the crap that TPTB have pulled in the past week. But there is NO WAY I'm going to miss seeing Sam eliminated!

The only thing that would have made it better is if his little lap dog went with him...

When the show will be 75 minutes long is would be highly appreciated by fans if Bravo had bothered to let us know last week, my VCR cut off at 60 minutes. I am barely restraining myself as it is. This so sucks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Look what happens when I miss a show! SAM'S GONE! You can knock me down with a feather! As someone noted earlier, he's consistent and the crowd favorite! I was really hoping to see a showdown between Sam and Marcel, or at least Sam and Ilian.

I'm going to have to catch it the next time it comes on.

I was so thrilled with the elimination tonight. Elia is driving me nuts the whole show. I hope Marcel wins next week.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Lex
    At first I was very surprised that Marcel was one of the winners. I thought for sure that he wouldn't move on.

But then I watched the Bravo's live aftershow webcast and read some of the blogs. Now I can understand why the judges chose Marcel. I still wish he didn't move on, but I can at least understand the judge's decision.

I just caught the whining part just now.

I don't get it...

WHY is Elia turning on Marcel since she's been in his corner the whole time???

And I think Sam looks good with his hair short.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2215582;
    Why did it seem like they had to keep either Marcel or Elia and either Sam or Ilan. Couldn't it have been Marcel and Elia or Sam and Ilan as the pairs?
    I was wondering this at first but then I think I have it figured out. I believe they chose the best and the worst (Marcel and Elia) and then chose between the 2 that were left. That's the impression I got after I reviewed their comments. They didn't say it, but it makes for a logical starting basis, and they were talking about which dishes they liked best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2215651;
    WHY is Elia turning on Marcel since she's been in his corner the whole time???
    She hasn't been on his side the whole time. One little dig after the other. In my opinion that was one of the biggest lies of the show.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I need to read the blogs to understand a bit more of the judges' reasoning, but I am pretty disappointed Sam was eliminated (but also very happy for Marcel... my little Thundercat made it!!!) Sam is probably the only cook who has (almost) consistently impressed the guest judges with his flavors. That's what it would come down to for me; I don't unltimately care abour personality or the looks of my chef, I want food that tastes great and has some creativity behind it.

It was nice to hear Gail mention how unsurprising Ilan's use of Spanish flavors is considering he cooks it every night as a line cook in a Spanish restaurant. It should have been Sam vs. Marcel, and Elia the whiny loser and Ilan the insecure little boy going home.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

FORT Newbie
    Sam is ultra dreamy with the short hair! I really had him pegged to win. Marcel is a great researcher and he knew the most about traditional Hawaiian food and he did a great job incorporating his spin while maintaining the essence of the traditional cuisine.
    Ilan bores the poop out of me. I get it, you do Spanish, what about something without saffron? and he makes fun of Marcel for his foams, which I can't believe he did again, but he made it.
    Elia, I don't that kind of setting really puts her at her best. I think she needs to be in a place less constricting where she can do what she really wants to do.
    I am disheartened at Sam's departure. He has been a consistantly amazing chef, with a few dropped balls, but who hasn't dropped at least one in this competition? And the comment about him not actually cooking anything I thought was moronic. Would you say that to a sushi chef? I don't think so. And last time I checked marscapone is Italian, so that was a spin on a halopia. Duh.

+ Reply to Thread