+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Thanks for the great updates!

I'm bummed Carlos went home.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2152812;
    I hope this episode is where Marcel gets the boot.
    I was happy to see him vindicated, since the rest of the chefs all acted like a bunch of Heathers. (Except Elia and Mike.)

I'm glad Elia won. She's too talented to go home. Even though she was complaining, I understand where her frustration was coming from. The elimination challenge was so demeaning. But at the end, she pulled it off!!!

Mike got lucky with the guest judge. I would have sent him home fast. Too bad Carlos had to go, but I guess that's what happens when you aim to be midiocre.

What's with Frank's rage over toothbrush?!? I felt sorry for Marcel.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2153010;

What's with Frank's rage over toothbrush?!? I felt sorry for Marcel.
    I feel bad for him too... he doesn't seem like the villain people are making him out to be, and I hate how everyone gangs up on him and makes fun of him like it's the 7th grade lunchroom.

Betty is driving me CRAZY!!!! I can't believe I liked her at first. She doesn't listen to anyone else and she repeatedly tries to belittle and humiliate Marcel in front of other people.

I thought this was a terrible episode from the standpoint of giving 5 chefs immunity. That was a farce.
    I really wish Betty would have been sent home. I think she is the most annoying one there by far. On the poll question, she was listed as one of the 4 candidates for most annoying, but the reason listed was her cheerfulness. I think she is most annoying for always being bossy and rude. Her dish was terrible, but then she tried to blame it on the other people that helped her out at the last minute. Then when everyone was asked who they thought should go home, she nominated Marcel because of his attitude. I could see attitude being more of a factor towards the end of the competition, but not at this stage. Betty has a terrible attitude. Always bossy and rude, and very little integrity by how she cheated in the one challenge.
    When she had problems with her dessert not raising like she thought it would, it reminded me of the other challenge with her cookies.
    It seemed to me that Betty, Elia, and Carlos spent most of their time goofing around while Marcel and Michael were always busting their ass.
    I don't know why Michael was included with Betty and Marcel for elimination. Almost all of his food tasted good, and he went above and beyond the call by preparing extra dishes.
    I hope to see Frank go soon too. He was a total jack@ss. I don't know what he expected the guys to do for workspace with his stuff laying around all over. He should have gotten the boot just for threatening a fellow competitor.
    Last edited by radar; 11-23-2006 at 05:48 AM.

Radar, I totally agree with everything you said! The poll was total BS. Betty's two-faced bitchiness is more annoying than Marcel's cockiness. I really dislike most of the chefs now; Cliff, Marcel, Elia are the only ones I like, though Elia is a bit whiney, and I have to admit Michael is growing on me as well. Betty is a crone, Frank is a Soprano wannabe, Sam is conniving and arrogant, Ilan follows the herd, and Mia is as two-faced as Betty (maybe that's why they get along so well). Did I forget anyone?

Anthony Bourdain was a riot... I just love that man. The whole backhanded compliment to Michael, including the "Flinstonian" reference, just had me rolling. I especially love he saw through the crap when the other chefs were trying to railroad Marcel.

Finally, Carlos really deserved to go home. His attitude sucked, and I cringed when he said the whole thing about being in the middle and being safe. That is absolutely the worst position to take in a competition like this.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

This is the episode where I can finally see Chef Tom's complaints about the contestents not trying to win but not trying to lose. Very dissappointed with the meal. Still I am glad that Elia got over her tiff with the quickfire results. I think that she simple does not get this competition or the judges choices. Now Marcel was very lucky tonight, he is 10 times cockier than Stephan ever was and smarmy but he is not doing anything to backup that attitude. He is not produced results like Stephan did. Still that entire episode dealing with the kitchen countertops and moving peoples toileteries was ridiculous. You need counterspace to work and make a meal and people's personal junk is on the counter it gets moved simple as that. Sam's comments about that were just stupid, possible inflammmatory. Frank's reaction was totally out of line and I do wish he had taken a swing at Marcel just so he would have been kicked of the show, in this case Frank was a total ass.

I am dissappointed in this batch of chef's, season one's group all had a high skill level except for that one vegetarian, raw food person and all were trying and producing great things during each challenge. I do wish the chefs would step it up and start trying to win instead of playing it safe and staying in the middle.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by radar;2153127;
    It seemed to me that Betty, Elia, and Carlos spent most of their time goofing around while Marcel and Michael were always busting their ass.
    Yeah, it did seem like that. But I think it was just during the one hour prep the first day. During the four hour prep, they seemed more professional.

I don't know why Michael was included with Betty and Marcel for elimination. Almost all of his food tasted good, and he went above and beyond the call by preparing extra dishes.
    I was surprised by this too. His dishes were not the most refined or cutting edge, but the judges said they all tasted good.

I hope to see Frank go soon too. He was a total jack@ss. I don't know what he expected the guys to do for workspace with his stuff laying around all over. He should have gotten the boot just for threatening a fellow competitor.
    As much as I dislike Marcel, I thought Frank and Sam came off as huge jerks. Sam, the instigater, and Frank, the bully. I mean, did Marcel actually put this toothbrush on the floor? No, it was in the bag. I don't understand what Frank's problem was, besides being provoked by Sam. Do you think Frank had something to drink before that happened?
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

I stayed up to watch (I'm regretting it in the morning) and I must say my opinion of Betty has done a 180. She's just plain nuts. I actually felt sorry for Marcel. Her rolling her eyes at Tom is something that would get my students sent to the principal.

Has anyone read the blogs? They're all very interesting. You might want to read Dave Martin's blog from last week. He said Tiffani was far worse than the edits showed, so who knows how the edits are going in this season? Is Betty a raving loon all the time and is Sam even smarmier than he appears?

BTW Sam, how second grade can you get my "snitching" on Marcel? Good grief.

FORT Regular

Oops!...and a bag of chips

I don't get why they were making a "cutting edge" Thanksgiving Dinner up in those cramped lofts. Wasn't it bad enough to be five losers making dinner for the five winners, and then have to donkey all that stuff up to the living space's kitchens with toothpaste & assorted personal junk all over the counters? On top of that, it's not Thanksgiving...it was the middle of a summer's heat wave in LA and with very little, if any air conditioning. Well, no wonder Elia went into psychotic choco-melt and Betty had Draculady moments abound! I think Carlos was just trying to save his own life by staying as far away from their heat in the kitchen as possible...hence, the cold salad. Let's face it, They Be Crazee!

Betty really needed to go home this ep. She needed to go more than Carlos did, more than anyone else there. That being just for her own sanity sake and ours, as well. She's become painful to watch.

I don't like Marcel, but he didn't deserve Frank's Soprano Trip on him for NEEDING to move his stuff off the counter (and his toothbrush was in his bag, not floored). What was all that stuff doing in the kitchen anyway? I live alone and I never have bathroom stuff sitting on the counters on which I cook...Ever. Shame on Sam for being a sneaky lil' instigator to rile up "had-one-too-many" Frank over such a small, superficial thing. Sam needs to stay out of other people's hair and concentrate on removing that Barbie Doll barrette from his own, while giving it a thorough, thrice-over scrubbing with actual shampoo!

I wonder how bad it would have gotten if Marcel had put Frank's stuff back in the bathroom, and accidently dropped his toothbrush in the toilet*?!!!

*(yeah alright, okay...I've been seriously clutzy enough to drop my own t-brush into the hopper more times than I'd like to admit. "Oops"!! just doesn't cover a screw-up like that..)
    Last edited by Magic Mayo; 11-23-2006 at 01:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast