+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion***Spoilers***

Livin4, Betty mentioned in the beginning she used 30 egg whites, so eliminating a yolk is moot. Chefashley pointed out this fact and one that I forgot, too.

This episode will be the subject of speculation and analysis for a long time.
    I might have to watch it again just to look for all the things we've discussed here.

I can't wait for SueEllen's recap. woohoo!
    Last edited by roses4me; 11-09-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: oops

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Once again Marissa keeps a secret. This time it's that Mia was the one who ratted out Betty. Will Marissa use this to her advantage to use out outrage faces in front of the judges panel?

Mia shows how bitter and whiny she is by ratting out Betty, without admitting it to her later on. She also challenges the guest judge fo critiquing her teammate.

Michael suggest people are cheating but then punks out and refuses to name names.

Overall, a lot of immaturity. Just like high school and the judges are the assistant principals.

Unfortuntaly I have yet to see enougth stellar cooking to justify their behavior on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2134771;

Mia shows how bitter and whiny she is by ratting out Betty, without admitting it to her later on. She also challenges the guest judge fo critiquing her teammate.

Michael suggest people are cheating but then punks out and refuses to name names.

I just finished reaching Tom C's blog and he said that several of the contestents said they saw Mia put sugar in her coleslaw.

In Harold's blog he said that he didn't see anyone use extra olive from the squeeze bottles and he thinks it is very hard to cheat because there are 4 camera filming in the kitchen and something would have be caught on film.

In Gail's blog she said that none of the cameras caught anything on tape and that the judges deliberated until 4am before a decision was made.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-09-2006 at 09:52 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular
    Anyone else pretty disappointed with this season so far?

There was drama last season--Dave crying, Tiffany being...well..Tiffany, ditto with Stephen...but I always felt that the core group REALLY cared about food, not just trashing each other to win the competition.

They just seemed more professional somehow...no?

I am really disappointed in last night's ending. Betty did not follow the rules and admitted to it. She should have been eliminated. She knew she had done wrong, as soon as Chef Tom came in you could see the look of panic in her eyes.

I don't understand why they did not go back and review the footage to find out who did not follow the rules. I guess we can look forward to a double elimination soon.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5DogWorld;2134779;
    Anyone else pretty disappointed with this season so far?

There was drama last season--Dave crying, Tiffany being...well..Tiffany, ditto with Stephen...but I always felt that the core group REALLY cared about food, not just trashing each other to win the competition.

They just seemed more professional somehow...no?
    I am. This groups seems really immature so far without showing a lot of evidence to their abilities as chefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;2134449;
    Wait Betty suggested PIZZA! not Frank!
    I saw that also. Betty let Frank take credit for her idea. He should defend her. Also, it didn't someone say she omitted the Splenda? I think she was probably OK on calories and legitimately misunderstood the instructions. She and Marcel even worked together well so it was Frank overcoming their differences. What a crockpot!!!!!
    Prisoner of War in the United States of Halliburton

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already but...since even the JUDGE'S questioned why the smoothie couldn't have been tweaked to taste better doesn't that inherently say that the rules about having the exact recipes locked in were unclear? I also was under the impression that the most important points of the challenge were to not only make the meal appealing but to stay under the 500 calorie mark.

[QUOTE=Buddy69r;2135347;]Not sure if anyone mentioned this already but...since even the JUDGE'S questioned why the smoothie couldn't have been tweaked to taste better doesn't that inherently say that the rules about having the exact recipes locked in were unclear? QUOTE]

You have a point with the smoothie. I wanted to know why they didn't taste the grapes first to see if they were edible. I think they could have eliminated any ingredient to improve the taste as that wouldn't have affected the calorie count. However, adding anything (or substituting) should have been cause for dismissal. This should have been explained in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2134677;
    The pizza was Betty's idea, but it was Frank's recipe (I think). She should have said so, anyway. I agree about Sam's speaking up about the possible cheating. He was trying to save his own hide, as was Mia.
    The judge's asked "Whose idea was the pizza?" It may have originally been Frank's idea and Betty was just siding with him against Marcel's bad idea or it may have been Betty's menu suggestion, but it definitely was Frank's recipe and creation and he deserved to win. I'm convinced that Betty felt she was playing by the rules. My concern for their team was Marcel saying "You don't even know what our nutritionalist OK'd." in response to the oil squirt bottle accusation. It made him sound guilty of it, but what did he make with oil?

The fact that none of us is sure what the exact instructions were pretty much says it all. The judges couldn't punish them for breaking unclear rules or prove who all the guilty parties were. I don't have a problem with Sam tattling and understand why he wouldn't want to name names. By bringing it to their attention it became their responsibility to review the tapes. Otherwise it would only be his word against theirs. My problem was with Mia defending that drunken jerk, Michael. She is stupid to stick her neck out for him and criticizing the judges at the same time and even dumber for believing in him. Sam admitted to telling, Mia didn't.

Josie was wrong to say that her team should have been declared the winner because of cookiegate. That wasn't for her to say and she has probably made some enemies because of it.

Michael said during the QC that he wasn't even going to try to do well. He succeeded. I like the way the guest judge called him on it. He needs to go.

Compared to Hell's Kitchen, everything about this show is wonderful. Most of these people amaze me with their creativity, skill and ability to handle the pressure of the challenges. My only problem with it is that it's on BRAVO which doesn't come in clearly on my TV.

+ Reply to Thread