+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Padma Lakshmi - Host, Season 2

Good lord this woman is beautiful. I wasn't quite seeing it from the still pictures, but video loves her.

I don't think she's bored, as has been suggested, I think she's just got kind of a low drawly voice.

We shouldn't expect TOO much from the lady though. She's mainly a host, and only secondarily a marginal food personality--a decent cook who had enough presentation skills and certainly enough magnetism to be presentable on TV after writing a vanity cooking book. Nothing wrong with that, but we need to keep it in perspective.

And she's much better than Katie because she comes off as a woman and not a child. She can still be eye candy, she's just appropriate eye candy.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I don't think she's that hot, and I think she's boring. BUT, she's a host: more like a garnish than an entre. I think she is doing her job just fine.

Not only does Padma have more culinary cred, she is stunning; in fact, watching the show, I almost find her beauty too distracting from the food! She hasn't figured much into the show, but her function on this type of show is not be the center of attention (I like Misaru's analogy of host as "garnish"). I already vastly prefer her to Mrs. Joel, who was distracting for all the wrong reasons (stilted delivery, robotic personality).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Does anybody know the story behind the scar down her right arm? I think it's very cool that she doesn't try to hide it, but I was hyper-aware of the camera angles they use when shooting her.

I think she's pretty, does a decent job as a host, and gives enough input, but she talks so slow it's almost painful.

It seems like she's moving up the ladder though. She's not so much acting like a tunner any more - going over to the group to call who the judges want to see. She's acting more like a judge in the last episode.

Humm, didn't notice about her scar or angle. I'll pay attention next time around.

Her scar is from a major car accident that she was in as a child.

I think she is absolutely gorgeous!
    I had never heard of her prior to this show. I finally googled her yesterday, and some of the first search results were nude modeling pics of her. All I can say is WOW!!!
    The biggest thing that surprised me was that she is married to Salman Rushdie. I guess though, that these days, it is probably not any more creepier than being married to Billy Joel.

I read some where about her appearance on Martha Stewart. It was hilarious - it was one of those recap web sites about this show and it mentioned Martha's show in passing.

Martha apparently told her that she had never heard of her until this show, and that she had her husband over to her place twice (before Padma married him, apparently). When Padma was trying to say that he told her he had the best burger at Martha's place, Martha interrupted her and said "I also made XXX, too!" Sounds like Martha was jealous :-)

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    I listened to an interview with Emily. She dogged Padma (and everyone else). Emily talked about Padma's cellulite, shorty shorts, and that they would sit around for 8 hours waiting for Padma to get her lines right.

http://www.chow.com/stories/10194

FORT Fanatic
    My take on Padma is that she dresses inappropriately for a cooking show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast