+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marisa Churchill - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by justonepost;2103996;
    I was reading about Top Chefs and saw Marisa's name...wow. I was in her class at the culinary acedemy. She had the lowest scores, until she was seen with the chef in a bar off Van Ness, then she did good. I think she she did good with the bravo producer.
    Unless she can "do good" with Tom and Gail she's bound for an early exit.

FORT Newbie
    This is in response to the person who claims to have gone to culinary school with Marisa. She not only is a friend of mine, but we DID go to culinary school together. Do you have a copy of her grades? You say "she was seen with the chef in a bar, then she did good" but our instructors were changed every two weeks, so this makes no sense!
    I doubt you were in our class, but if you actually are a chef maybe you should spend a little more time focusing on your career and less time spreading lies.
    Last edited by John; 10-16-2006 at 08:41 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Regardless of her personal life before she was chosen as a contestant, it's how she performs and presents herself on the show that counts with the judges and viewers.

FORT Newbie

Skills?

Quote Originally Posted by dreiter;2084251;
    okay, I could see her on here but again, no substance...where is Bravo getting these people??
    After watching the show...obviously marisa is not there for her culinaly skills.
    She and others do not get a mention, but are not kicked off? Could this be any more obviously rigged?
    They tell marisa to push her "sexuality" and let her slide into the next round. Please, she is hardly sexual! A camo headband with pig-tails? Iraq meets trailer! Still does not cook to impress. These contestants would not last 10 minutes with a REAL Chef like Gordon Ramsey, not some Hollywood appointed food critic. Please folks, tune into BBCAmerica, and watch real cooking!

FORT Newbie
    stop blasting folks just because they are on TV. people can change their lives the way that you change your underwear. give her a break, she's not a politician. if she can cook let her go for it. enough already the season just aired!
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 10-19-2006 at 02:56 PM.

We know very little about these chefs so far. I'm still rooting for the Greek girl. She at least seemed to stay calm under last nights pressure. Plus I checked out her website. Ok, Wow she is hot...but she seemed to have an impressive array of food photographs and resume too. She could do well when it comes to desserts.
    Lets just "watch what happens!"
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 10-19-2006 at 02:54 PM.

FORT Newbie

Website?

What is the site?

Single Gourmet
    She seems like she would use her sexuality to her advantage, as she states in her video. She may go strong, just for the sake of TV. Who knows? She obviously has a lack of knive-skills, or she wouldn't have nearly chopped off her hand. Accidents happen, though.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chefashley;2112747;
    She seems like she would use her sexuality to her advantage, as she states in her video. She may go strong, just for the sake of TV. Who knows? She obviously has a lack of knive-skills, or she wouldn't have nearly chopped off her hand. Accidents happen, though.
    I would have thought better of Chef Tom if he had ignored his 'no mentoring' rule and given her a two minute lesson on how the slice and dice food. A month ago I watched Chef Lee Anne give college freshmen a lesson on how to handle a chef's knife while slicing and dicing vegetables. This was on the Fine Living tv channel. The lesson took only 2 or three minutes and there were no accidents among the 5 freshmen who prepared three courses under Lee Anne's directions.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by chef maggie may;2104395;
    This is in response to the person who claims to have gone to culinary school with Marisa. She not only is a friend of mine, but we DID go to culinary school together. Do you have a copy of her grades? You say "she was seen with the chef in a bar, then she did good" but our instructors were changed every two weeks, so this makes no sense!
    I doubt you were in our class, but if you actually are a chef maybe you should spend a little more time focusing on your career and less time spreading lies.
    We only had like 4 hands-on instructors in 7 months. So wasn't it more like 4 to 6 weeks per instructor? I was a classmate too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast