+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sam Talbot - Season 2

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2218744;
    Ilan caused Elia to bring up the cheating. I don't think Sam had much, if anything, to do with it. Once again, nobody forced Elia to bring up the cheating, just as nobody forced Frank to threaten Marcel. Both made the decision to do these things on their own. Most people do not see Sam as you do, or he would not have won the favorite chef $10,000 contest. If you go to the blogs on Bravo website you will see that there are numerous replies from people that are mad about Sam being tossed off the show as well. Also, it was Marcel that had 79% of the phone in vote for chef you most want to see sent home on the last show not Sam.
    I played back my tape where the 'terrible three' discussed the 'cheating' allegation just prior to the final judgement. Ilan says "Please, Elia, this is your last chance to say anything". Then Sam says "If you say anything, you have to say about cheating."

With regards to the $10,000. most of the votes were in prior to Cliff's attack on Marcel. I think viewers would have switched their votes to Marcel, sympathy vote or no, if they could have.

Being mad about Sam's elimination wasn't about Marcel. Marcel in this instance was a clear winner. He hit a homerun. The anger was about choosing Ilan over Sam.
    Last edited by gizmo1; 01-28-2007 at 04:02 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelesskelly;2208165;
    Does anyone know where in NYC Sam works as Exec Chef? I live in nyc, so I am extra curious. I tried to look it up online, but all I could find about him was something from a 3 years ago about him working as a hotdog vendor? It won't let me post the link b/c Im new, but roses4me already posted it anyway I think.
    He works at Punch. Go north on Union Square West and it's between 20th and 21st. Cool place.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2218850;
    I'm not sure how you can compare voting for the president to voting for your favorite top chef. Those are two very different situations.
    Agreed. But some people feel they must always mix politics into everything.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf11;2218853;
    He works at Punch. Go north on Union Square West and it's between 20th and 21st. Cool place.
    Sam is currently unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2218851;
    I played back my tape where the 'terrible three' discussed the 'cheating' allegation just prior to the final judgement. Ilan says "Please, Elia, this is your last chance to say anything". Then Sam says "If you say anything, you have to say about cheating."

With regards to the $10,000. most of the votes were in prior to Cliff's attack on Marcel. I think viewers would have switched their votes to Marcel, sympathy vote or no, if they could have.

Being mad about Sam's elimination wasn't about Marcel. Marcel in this instance was a clear winner. He hit a homerun. The anger was about choosing Ilan over Sam.
    If Marcel did really cheat then they should have said something about the cheating, but it was the wrong time to bring it up. It should have been brought to the producers attention as soon as they discovered he was cheating. Considering the judges responses, I think I would have kept quiet too.

I would have agreed with you last week about the pity vote for Marcel on the $10,000, but after seeing the results of the what chef would you like to be sent home poll and the bravo blogs responses I am not so sure that Marcel would have won even if the vote continued after the prank. I see a lot of people that are mad that Marcel has moved on to the finals in the blog responses. Actually, I don't see Ilan mentioned much at all.

FORT Fanatic
    Sam is the best of a questionable bunch if he is judged by the overall competition. In fact, if he had stuck to just cooking he would have ended up at least as far as he did finish in the standings. His inability to accept responsibility for his screwups and his propensity for sh-t stirring only detracted from my impression of him.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisf11;2218856;
    Agreed. But some people feel they must always mix politics into everything.
    I do NOT feel I need to bring politics into everything...I was just responding to the arguement that because certain chefs were voted on favorably by the public that that rationalizes or validates Marcel's worthiness as a finalist.

And I stand by my comparison about voting for something doesn't always make it the right choice.

Peace

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles
    I might be the only one but I really like Sam. I think he was the only one who could actually be considered a "Top Chef". The others weren't very good at all. I was sad that he was eliminated.

I considered Sam the lesser of the three evils, frankly. He was a *hit disturber, but for the most part he kept his cool. What I didn't like about him though was his seeming ability to stir others up without taking any of the heat himself or doing any of the dirty work. Seems underhanded to me. Then again, he is smart because he came off better than Ilan and Elia in my opinion...then again that's not saying much.

I agree, I thought Sam was the Top Chef. Putting all the drama aside he seemed to be the one who constantly made the best dishes and was also able to command leadership in the kitchen with his fellow chefs.

I was sad to see him leave.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 02-01-2007 at 10:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread