+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sam Talbot - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by chefashley;2112791;
    I think Ilan is cuter, but Sam is not bad at all. But seriously, I think he's a strong competitor.
    Sam is kind of working that Ashton Kutcher look and it works for me!

Ilan is just adorable.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodDiva;2143187;
    Sam is kind of working that Ashton Kutcher look and it works for me!

Ilan is just adorable.
    I'm seeing more of a Daniel Vosovic clone in Sam—at least as far as the hair is concerned.
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

FORT Newbie
    Sam is definitely playing the game. He's turning people on one another, especially against Marcel, and being really smart about it. He's a great cook, obviously, but he's also playing the game like a master manipulator. Good stuff.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ploppers;2156538;
    Sam is definitely playing the game. He's turning people on one another, especially against Marcel, and being really smart about it. He's a great cook, obviously, but he's also playing the game like a master manipulator. Good stuff.
    I wouldn't call it too smart since the judges -- mainly Tom -- are clearly getting sick of all the interpersonal b.s. So far every attempt by the other chefs to TUB* Marcel have backfired. The judges ultimately decided Marcel's cooking wasn't bad during the first EC, and he finished in the top two on the last one in spite of all the hatred he was getting from the other chefs.

One of the producers blogged about the bullying of Marcel. She compared the other chefs to a bunch of kids at camp who like picking on the nerd. If the producers are put off by the bullying and the producers give feedback to the judges, this does not bode well for Sam, Frank, Betty and the rest of the Heathers. I predict the underhanded tactics will backfire in a big way.

*TUB = "Throw Under the Bus"

FORT Newbie
    I agree. I just enjoy the backstabbing for entertainment value. This is the most vicious group I've ever seen in reality tv.

FORT Fogey
    What Tom C. seems to dislike is indirect beating around the bush crap. In the 500 calorie challenge, I think Sam's wishy-washyness about potential cheaters left Tom with a worse taste in his mouth (Hah! No pun intended!) than Mia who spit it right out.

I think Mia earned a point and Sam lost one. Betty lost several for her whininess about not understanding the ruls (which I don't buy for a minute).

I think Michael is still around because if he can't cook, at least he's honest.

I also think Tom doesn't like bullying because it is a manipulating tactic that has nothing to do with culinary talent. Frank has got to be pretty low (if not the lowest) in Tom's book at the minute for how he treats Marcel (athough in my estimation, Marcel is a pretty easy target...but that's a different thread).

Betty or Frank will go next, as well they should.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-27-2006 at 02:20 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    Tom in his blog knows that Mia who pointed the finger at Betty about the sugar is also guilty of the same offense. I don't expect Mia to get any brownie points for squealing on Betty.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2157090;
    Tom in his blog knows that Mia who pointed the finger at Betty about the sugar is also guilty of the same offense. I don't expect Mia to get any brownie points for squealing on Betty.
    You are probably right. I have to watch the unaired footage to get a better perspecitve.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2157090;
    I guess I'm for the everyday cooks because I kind of like Mia. Tom's blog only speculates that Mia might be guilty of the same offense but apparently she must have kept it under wraps. This would have been something everyone would have called her out about.

It also appeared that in the heat of competition, almost all of the chefs probably cheated just a little to make their food palatible but Betty was so overtly blatent about it. I almost believed that Betty was unaware of the rules until she went off to the land of "Blame Everyone Else" on the next challenge

Mia looks better to me because she felt it said it and gave it direction while Sam just implied such which just made him look like a sore loser. After all, Mia didn't say anything until it was brought up. Basically she said what everyone else was thinking.

As for her decision to not come clean with Betty, WELL.... would YOU?

Betty is a little psycho. Also note that no one who was at the Judges Table made mention of it either.
    Last edited by madeboxer; 11-30-2006 at 02:16 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    There is speculation that Mia may have "come clean" with Betty as they later teamed up with no apparent hard feelings between the two. This would make sense as the chefs are working and living in close proximity with each other and someone would be bound to mention that it was Mia who gave up Betty to the judges. If Mia had any sense, she would have realized this and confessed to Betty...better, she Mia, tell Betty than for Betty to find out from another chef. That being said, I don't believe that either Betty or Mia are going to make it to the final four. I read in some other forums(I forget which ones) that both women were back running their restaurants during the filming in Hawaii (1st week of November). I don't know how true this was.

+ Reply to Thread