+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Elia Aboumrad - Season 2

FORT Fogey
    I'm really not sure how it can be justified to judge a person's character based on decisions made while intoxicated. Elia had been drinking, along with everyone else but Marcel. There's no possible way to discern the actions she would have taken, sober, in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LrcLinda;2212018;
    My favorite is Sam. At for Elia, every time I see her, I remember what a stool pigeon she was way back in the beginning of the show when she ratted on that other chef not paying for everything he got at the store, because the store didn't charge him. I just can't forget that. I hate stool pigeons.
    That was Marissa. Elia didn't have anything to do with the "Lycheegate"

Veruka, I think when people are drunk, they act upon their subconscious inclinations. So just because someone is more restrained when they're sober, doesn't mean they don't have a darkside. When that darkside shows, regardless of whether they're sober or high or drunk, it is not separate from their identity, it is part of it. Like Mel Gibson... sober he might not let his anti-Semitism show, but drunk it comes out full force.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2212051;
    I'm really not sure how it can be justified to judge a person's character based on decisions made while intoxicated. Elia had been drinking, along with everyone else but Marcel. There's no possible way to discern the actions she would have taken, sober, in the same situation.
    But we do judge drinking people with upholding the law. They are not allowed to drive drunk and then claim they were drunk and didn't know better. I'm pretty sure it's not ever a valid excuse. And if in a courtroom we can maintain they need to still act right intoxicated or not, then I think that can be applied to their behavior on a tv show. Drunk or not one knows the difference between right and wrong.

And chiming in a bit late I realize, but in defense of Marcel--while he may be a tad annoying that doesn't mean that the chefs there didn't start with a mob mentality and decide early on that they didn't like him. That same idea is playing out on 'beauty and the geek' right now where the blonds decided they didn't like the brunettes. It's not always about how the person acts.

Some of the things mentioned against Marcel are ridiculous, yet in the minds of the chefs there are just compounded in their minds as to yet another reason to dislike him. While he may be annoying, that doesn't give anyone the right to ostricize him. It's an elitist mentality that's quite disheartning to watch.

Overall I'm underimpressed with this seasons's chefs. Last year it seemed (without actually being able to taste the food) that the food was better, more creative, & there were more leaders. Just a better bunch of chefs. This season I don't care who wins and frankly not sure any of them deserve the title of top chef. Can they give it to LeeAnne instead?!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2213074;
    But we do judge drinking people with upholding the law. They are not allowed to drive drunk and then claim they were drunk and didn't know better. I'm pretty sure it's not ever a valid excuse. And if in a courtroom we can maintain they need to still act right intoxicated or not, then I think that can be applied to their behavior on a tv show. Drunk or not one knows the difference between right and wrong.
    There is a difference between holding a person accountable for their actions, and making a blanket judgement about their full character. I have no problem with holding someone accountable for their actions while drunk. I simply don't beleive that those actions are an accurate portrayal of who that person is in a way that can be used to judge the full context of that person's character.

This is really petty of me to point out, but being "two seconds away from the Olympics" is an enormous gap in the world of swimming. It's like track sprinters. No one is two seconds behind; they're hundreths of a second apart.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by corprip;2210394;
    Yeah, funny how some people can have such weak character and side with bullies when it preserves their place in the pecking order. Elia's a spineless coward.
    I agree.
    I was seriously dissapointed in her turning on Marcel.
    I laughed my a$$ off when Tom rolled his eyes and groaned when she tried to talk sh*t about Marcel to lamely try and save her a$$ at the last minute at the judges table.

the bullies made me sick and i wish marcel would win

Re: Elia Aboumrad - Season 2

Goodness Elia, what have you done to your hair?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567