+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Elia Aboumrad - Season 2

When I saw her the first time, I thought, "There is the 'pretty' one!" Her using red wine for the first challenge didn't give me the reason to respect her either. But I think she's proven my first impression wrong. She's made some amazing dishes and except for the first challenge, she's been among the top. I also like that she's serious about cooking.

I really hope she would go far. I think so!

FORT Fanatic
    She would do well to distance herself from Marissa, lest some dirt rub off on her.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2118700;
    She would do well to distance herself from Marissa, lest some dirt rub off on her.
    I couldn't agree more. Marissa is going to go home very soon and Elia is too talented and hopefully too smart to get caught in her BS.

FORT Fanatic
    Elia was in charge of the shopping cart that contained the lychees. I don't understand after emptying the upper basket of groceries to the conveyor belt/cash register how she missed the now quite visible Red box of lychees. Maybe she needs new glasses. Marisa was standing right there too. Somehow Otto who was standing about 10 to 15 feet to the rear of the line was the only one who spotted the omission? Really amazing!

FORT Fanatic
    While on the subject of Elia, she was Marisa's partner or rather "helper" in preparing the dessert or panna cotta. During the judging, Elias said that she doesn't do gelatin which made Marisa mad and accused Elia of backpedaling.
    Marisa swears to the judges that she does everything by the book which includes making panna cotta. That leaves inexperienced (at least in working with gelatin) Elia. Did she screw up the desert? Someone miscalculated...either too much gelatin or too little heavy creme/water or whatever liquid was used.

I like her, she is not one to make waves in the kitchen and some of her dishes look great. She can cook for me anytime.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Her stock just went down by association with Marcel.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2128483;
    Her stock just went down by association with Marcel.
    Speaking of, I was rewatching the season premiere and I realized that Elia might have been a little biased when judging Marcel. She was claiming that his dish was not one of the worst and she was alone. I don't know if this was the others ganging up on him or his dish was actually that bad, but this association with Marcel is not good for her. It is going to backfire sooner than later.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2133794;
    Speaking of, I was rewatching the season premiere and I realized that Elia might have been a little biased when judging Marcel. She was claiming that his dish was not one of the worst and she was alone.
    Elia wasn't alone in that assessment. The judges all agreed that Marcel didn't belong in the bottom four.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith;2134649;
    Elia wasn't alone in that assessment. The judges all agreed that Marcel didn't belong in the bottom four.

Agreed. If anyone was biased in the first episode, it was everyone else. Everyone else was biased against Marcel and voted to put him in the bottom.

I do think that Elia might have been biased in favor of Marcel too, but at least her biase seemed to be closer to the truth than everyone else's biase, given the judges' opinions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast