+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Betty Fraser - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetman13;2148104;
    I don't buy Betty's excuse. Ther's no way she didn't know the recipie thing if everyone else knew. Mia is driving me crazy. SHe kept saying how people weren't throwing each other inder the bus, but she totally pointed the finger at Betty. She's such a hypocrite.
    Until I read this post I didn't realize that Mia supposedly put sugar in her coleslaw after the nutritionist signed off on the recipes and yet she is the first one pointing a finger at Betty for changing her recipe!!!!! That's a bit much.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Not that this is the same thing, but way back in high school, we were given a creative writing assignment. I tutored the Finnish exchange student since he wasn't there when the assignment was given. Everybody, including the Finnish exchange student, did the assignment correctly except for me.

I obviously understood the assignment enough to explain to someone else (with limited English, no less, who ended up completing it correctly) but yet I did it wrong. Betty's situation feels a little similar. I still had to take the C or do it over though, so I think the judges, if they were so outraged, should have given some sort of difinitive punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird;2151690;
    Not that this is the same thing, but way back in high school, we were given a creative writing assignment. I tutored the Finnish exchange student since he wasn't there when the assignment was given. Everybody, including the Finnish exchange student, did the assignment correctly except for me.

I obviously understood the assignment enough to explain to someone else (with limited English, no less, who ended up completing it correctly) but yet I did it wrong. Betty's situation feels a little similar. I still had to take the C or do it over though, so I think the judges, if they were so outraged, should have given some sort of difinitive punishment.
    But it wasn't clear who exactly "misunderstoog" the rules. It was clear that Betty was one of them, but during the show, it showed someone using a lot of olive oil too. According to some people who read blogs, they were others who used real sugar too (including Mia). So it's unfair to punish just Betty if there were others who misunderstood the rules. I think the judges did the right thing.

FORT Fanatic
    A note from my foodie wife: Anyone who has ever made meringue cookies knows that you cannot do what Betty calls for in her recipe which is to garnish them with peanut butter drizzle. In fact, if nearly anything is put on meringue cookies, which are full of air like sponges, the cookies will absorb the additions making a soggy mess.

Gizmo, I don't know about meringues except the ones on lemon pie! However, the cookies looked yummy. I might try to get the recipe and try to replicate them as shown on Bravo. Maybe I'll write Betty and find out how she made them? lol

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2152730;
    Gizmo, I don't know about meringues except the ones on lemon pie! However, the cookies looked yummy. I might try to get the recipe and try to replicate them as shown on Bravo. Maybe I'll write Betty and find out how she made them? lol
    One of the things my wife makes at Christmas is a chocolate log cake w/chocolate flavored whip cream frosting. On top of the cake are meringue cookies in the shape of mushrooms or in real life, toadstools growing out of the log.

FORT Newbie
    Betty is a major bitch. She whines and she's obnoxious.

Serial killer killer Winston Smith's Avatar
    If you ever wondered Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? The answer is Betty Fraser.

"I've written a letter to DAD-DEEE!"
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 11-26-2006 at 08:52 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    I saw an old "Thigh Master" commercial yesterday. Suzanne Somers and Betty Fraser could be sisters.

Lex
    Even though Betty was acting a little too harsh during the last episode, I still think she's one of the better chefs remaining. I just hope she realizes that she's maybe going a little too far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast