+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Marcel Vigneron - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsky;2223590;
    I don't think he would lie about the store incident. There were too many people standing around, other chefs and store employees, that would have heard what was going on and could say he was not telling the truth.
    It's all in perception. For all we know, Marcel could have harmlessly asked if they were allowed to ask for a discount mentioning that Sam asked for one, and Sam could have perceived that Marcel accused him of cheating without that directly being the case. If Marcel said to Sam "I accuse you of cheating" then Sam's versions of events stands. Otherwise it was only Sam's perception that he was being "accused," if even that. And perception does not make an event fact. I didn't see anything where Marcel accused Sam of cheating and I doubt there is anything on film supporting his perception, which may be just shy of Elia's delusional perception.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2223754;
    It's all in perception. For all we know, Marcel could have harmlessly asked if they were allowed to ask for a discount mentioning that Sam asked for one, and Sam could have perceived that Marcel accused him of cheating without that directly being the case. If Marcel said to Sam "I accuse you of cheating" then Sam's versions of events stands. Otherwise it was only Sam's perception that he was being "accused," if even that. And perception does not make an event fact. I didn't see anything where Marcel accused Sam of cheating and I doubt there is anything on film supporting his perception, which may be just shy of Elia's delusional perception.
    Didn't Marcel say during an interview that aired in this episode that he perceived taking discounts as cheating? There is so little to base a claim that Sam was lying here that if that's the only way to defend Marcel, I'd say Marcel is guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2223764;
    Didn't Marcel say during an interview that aired in this episode that he perceived taking discounts as cheating? There is so little to base a claim that Sam was lying here that if that's the only way to defend Marcel, I'd say Marcel is guilty as charged.
    Doesn't mean Marcel accused Sam right before Sam had his little hissy-fit. In his interview, Marcel said he didn't feel right about taking a discount and that's why he refused the discount opportunity.

There is no evidence that Marcel accused Sam. In a court of law Sam's testimony wouldn't be enough to counter the video we saw in which there is no footage of Marcel accusing Sam of cheating.

FORT Fogey
    A court of law would not have the luxury of making decisions dealing with people who were on camera for a reality show all the time. So they'd count on the credibility of witnesses -- and as I said, there's no reason to question Sam's credibility here.

Don't forget - there is PLENTY of footage that was taped, but not aired. The scene in the market wasn't all that relevant to the show - just added a little drama with the fight. So there's really no basis in assuming that things were said which did not air.

...and in the end, the judges liked Ilan's food better.

Now, shall we all open up another book or is everyone tired and wants to take a nap?

pg--maybe it isn't as important that everything ends well, just as long as it ends--seattle

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2223668;
    Because Sam's character is evident - it was illustrated in the final challenge, where he wanted to work with Marcel instead of his buddy because he could learn something. It was shown even more when Marcel painted himself into a corner by not boethering to notice he didn't have the fish he was planning on until right before it was time to complete that course, and rather than standing back saying "What do you want to do dude?" Sam stepped up and made a suggestion to help Marcel do it better.

Contrast that to Marcel, who was claiming that Sam and Mike tanked the final challenge for him when they taped, and was sticking to those claims this morning on The View. If I have to choose between believing someone who consistently displayed professionalism with a couple of flaws, and a little weasel who relishes in playing the victim role in order to drum up what he thinks is support from outsiders, I'll choose to believe the professional every time.
    I thought Marcel said he didn't have anyone to blame but himself. Did I hear wrong?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Marcel said that he lost because he didn't excute the meal consistently. That was his last comments. As far as Sam and Mike they were his sous chefs and were responsible for preping the food and the cart. They didn't. Actually, I worked with two chefs during college. And there would be a little upset if one of them had to go to the pantry for anything. All that stuff should be out and ready for usage.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2224648;
    I thought Marcel said he didn't have anyone to blame but himself. Did I hear wrong?
    Marcel said a lot of things that contradicted each other. I think he actually said both. He also said that he couldn't believe that a little saffron and paprika (expletives deleted) could beat him ... as if Ilan had nothing but two spices. He accepted blame one minute, and blamed everyone but himself in the next. All in all, the full picture is an illustration of his character.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2225127;
    Marcel said a lot of things that contradicted each other. I think he actually said both. He also said that he couldn't believe that a little saffron and paprika (expletives deleted) could beat him ... as if Ilan had nothing but two spices. He accepted blame one minute, and blamed everyone but himself in the next. All in all, the full picture is an illustration of his character.
    I think Marcel was fairly accurate in in his blame. It was the sous chefs responsiblity to prep the cart. And it was his fault about the salad w/ the chemical thing. I still think it's interesting that after what the judges said about each meal they had more negative comments about Ilan than Marcel. And frankly Ilan lied about how he came up with the menu. He, Betty, Elia sat down and developed the menu borrowing alot from the resturant he used to work at before they went to the market. So his menu was not as creative as he stated during the final.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix1964;2225188;
    I still think it's interesting that after what the judges said about each meal they had more negative comments about Ilan than Marcel.
    Do you think it's possible that the producers edited the comments that way in order to throw viewers off as to who the winner would be?

+ Reply to Thread