+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 330

Thread: Marcel Vigneron - Season 2

  1. #281
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56
    he's been berated in public at the market, by Sam,
    If you either listened to the thread I posted or went to the Bravo site with the 10 question interview with Sam, you would have seen why Sam berated Marcel at the store. I didn't get it at first until I read what Sam had to say. Marcel outright accused Sam of cheating and Sam was lashing back. He said he had taken a lot out of Marcel, but being accused of cheating by HIM was way too much and he blew up. This is a case of how they edited the show in favor of poor, poor, pitiful Marcel. Making him look the victim, when he was the instigator of the whole thing. Also, Sam said that they were told to come clean at the beginning of the show, Marcle didn't. This is one spot where Project Runway had it all over Top Chef in integrity. They showed us the ugly side of a character who was divisive and then got rid of him even tho he was good TV.

    Does anyone really believe they (the producers, crew, staff, ect.) of Top Chef really wanted the best drama queen of the show to go before the finals? No, way! Watch almost any reality show and the worst of the worst, in terms of behavior, survive. None of us would watch if everyone was nicey nice and just cooked. Be honest with yourselves. I admit I love the drama. I have learned some very good receipes durning this show, but I watch for the drama.

    Love him, hate him, hit him in the head with a bottle, you have to give Marcel his due. He created great buzz for this show. We have all rehashed every week, ad nauseum, about him and the show. Would we have done that if this was all a bunch of goody two-shoes? Nah!

    Heck, I vote to keep drama. I don't want everyone to love eveyone. I want people who really want to win and go for the gusto!! Here's a 3 nanner dance for the drama!!

    Donna

    I have really loved posting here with ya'll. Can't wait to see you all in whatever threads you post in again!!!

  2. #282
    FORT Fan j_mado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2220953;
    If you either listened to the thread I posted or went to the Bravo site with the 10 question interview with Sam, you would have seen why Sam berated Marcel at the store. I didn't get it at first until I read what Sam had to say. Marcel outright accused Sam of cheating and Sam was lashing back. He said he had taken a lot out of Marcel, but being accused of cheating by HIM was way too much and he blew up. This is a case of how they edited the show in favor of poor, poor, pitiful Marcel. Making him look the victim, when he was the instigator of the whole thing. Also, Sam said that they were told to come clean at the beginning of the show, Marcle didn't. This is one spot where Project Runway had it all over Top Chef in integrity. They showed us the ugly side of a character who was divisive and then got rid of him even tho he was good TV.

    Does anyone really believe they (the producers, crew, staff, ect.) of Top Chef really wanted the best drama queen of the show to go before the finals? No, way! Watch almost any reality show and the worst of the worst, in terms of behavior, survive. None of us would watch if everyone was nicey nice and just cooked. Be honest with yourselves. I admit I love the drama. I have learned some very good receipes durning this show, but I watch for the drama.

    Love him, hate him, hit him in the head with a bottle, you have to give Marcel his due. He created great buzz for this show. We have all rehashed every week, ad nauseum, about him and the show. Would we have done that if this was all a bunch of goody two-shoes? Nah!

    Heck, I vote to keep drama. I don't want everyone to love eveyone. I want people who really want to win and go for the gusto!! Here's a 3 nanner dance for the drama!!

    Donna

    I have really loved posting here with ya'll. Can't wait to see you all in whatever threads you post in again!!!
    Honestly, I would still watch it if there was no drama but only cooking, nice looking dishes, different presentations, ideas, ingredient combinations, etc. I watch food tv all the time, I like looking at cookbooks at the bookstore, just to see what I can cook differently at home. I don't want to believe I am the only one. I think the producers should give us more credit.

    I am watching this show because it is about cooking. I am not going to watch the next one for example, interior design show, cause I am not interested in interior design, no matter how interesting the drama will be...

  3. #283
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,967
    Oh I'll watch Top Design because I'm am completely design-challenged and I am curious to see what kind of challenges they come up with.

    I did see a mention by Sam about being accused of cheating by Marcel, and that's why he blew up. I get it, and I imagine that would send anyone off the hook. I guess not in front of the judges though, since the three basically accused Marcel of cheating in front of the people who have the power to kick him off the show, and we didn't see a hissy fit or meltdown from him. Must be the editing! Seriously, I have repeatedly said Marcel is socially challenged and seems to enjoy pushing buttons. There is little doubt about that. What I was trying to say above though is what he has received in return for his button pushing and bravado and big mouth is far worse than what he could have dished out, IMO.

    I liked the first season more because it seemed to be focused more on the cooking, and the challenges were more interesting to me (the combination of two ethnic cuisines sold from a street cart is one good one that comes to mind). Even Tiffany and her bitchiness and Dave and his meltdowns seemed secondary to the food, at least to me. This time it's like it's been turned completely upside down and the drama is overshadowing the food.

  4. #284
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;2220328;
    RIGHT ON THE MONEY, SWEETPEA! Like him or loathe him, the others have turned Marcel into the victim of this scenario. I didn't care for Marcel the first couple of episodes but he grew on me, just as the others became less and less likable. Betty turned into a nasty shrew, blaming everyone and everything for her failures. Frank went from "regular Joe" to abusive bully. Elia from my hopes for a talented sweet contender to an embarrassment, sour grapes and desperation her last attempts at nonelimination. And finally Sam, the golden boy (probably perceived as "this year's Harold")....a spineless, sneaky, opportunist...a pot stirrer always looking for an angle.

    So twists of fate has turned Marcel into this household's hope for the Top Chef title.

    Now THAT'S what I call "just desserts"
    GRIN

    Bravo

    One by one they showed their ugly sides until lastly Elia obviously jumped on the bandwago so that she could 'hang' with the boys. Integrity? I think not Elia!

  5. #285
    FORT Fogey miadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2220953;
    If you either listened to the thread I posted or went to the Bravo site with the 10 question interview with Sam, you would have seen why Sam berated Marcel at the store. I didn't get it at first until I read what Sam had to say. Marcel outright accused Sam of cheating and Sam was lashing back. He said he had taken a lot out of Marcel, but being accused of cheating by HIM was way too much and he blew up. This is a case of how they edited the show in favor of poor, poor, pitiful Marcel. Making him look the victim, when he was the instigator of the whole thing. Also, Sam said that they were told to come clean at the beginning of the show, Marcle didn't. This is one spot where Project Runway had it all over Top Chef in integrity. They showed us the ugly side of a character who was divisive and then got rid of him even tho he was good TV.

    Does anyone really believe they (the producers, crew, staff, ect.) of Top Chef really wanted the best drama queen of the show to go before the finals? No, way! Watch almost any reality show and the worst of the worst, in terms of behavior, survive. None of us would watch if everyone was nicey nice and just cooked. Be honest with yourselves. I admit I love the drama. I have learned some very good receipes durning this show, but I watch for the drama.
    And we should automatically believe that the "Sam/Marcel store incident" went down exactly the way Sam tells it many months later because .............??

    He's just trying to save face.

  6. #286
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3
    Marcel's hair RULEZ!
    lol!

    seriously though Elan was an A$$ to Marcel from the get-go.

  7. #287
    FORT Regular midnightsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2222322;
    And we should automatically believe that the "Sam/Marcel store incident" went down exactly the way Sam tells it many months later because .............??

    He's just trying to save face.
    I don't think he would lie about the store incident. There were too many people standing around, other chefs and store employees, that would have heard what was going on and could say he was not telling the truth.

  8. #288
    FORT Regular midnightsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2221016;
    I did see a mention by Sam about being accused of cheating by Marcel, and that's why he blew up. I get it, and I imagine that would send anyone off the hook. I guess not in front of the judges though, since the three basically accused Marcel of cheating in front of the people who have the power to kick him off the show, and we didn't see a hissy fit or meltdown from him. Must be the editing!
    It would be hard to get mad about being accused of cheating if you did cheat. Also, Marcel knew it would be hard to prove that he cheated, and it was unlikely that the judges would do anything about it at this point of the competition.

  9. #289
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2222322;
    And we should automatically believe that the "Sam/Marcel store incident" went down exactly the way Sam tells it many months later because .............??

    He's just trying to save face.
    Because Sam's character is evident - it was illustrated in the final challenge, where he wanted to work with Marcel instead of his buddy because he could learn something. It was shown even more when Marcel painted himself into a corner by not boethering to notice he didn't have the fish he was planning on until right before it was time to complete that course, and rather than standing back saying "What do you want to do dude?" Sam stepped up and made a suggestion to help Marcel do it better.

    Contrast that to Marcel, who was claiming that Sam and Mike tanked the final challenge for him when they taped, and was sticking to those claims this morning on The View. If I have to choose between believing someone who consistently displayed professionalism with a couple of flaws, and a little weasel who relishes in playing the victim role in order to drum up what he thinks is support from outsiders, I'll choose to believe the professional every time.

  10. #290
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56
    Well Marcel, if you want to know where you messed up in this challenge it was right from the start. How could you pick the weakest chef of the six to be one of your helpers? Of all the chefs, Mikey was one of the 3 weakest chef in the contest. He only made it as far as he did by the sheer carrying of him on everyone's collective backs. He reminded me of the little kid that the bigger kids put in the wagon and pull it along so he doesn't get left behind. He isn't keeping up on his own power, he gets there through the strenght of others. If everyone had left Mikey to his own devices he would have been out on the surfer challenge. Remember; he forgot his eggs, so many of them gave him eggs and that kept him in the challenge. Anyway that is MHO.

    Say what you will about Frank, he would have worked his heart out for you. He is nothing (in the kitchen) but a professional. He had issues with you; Marcel, but in the kitchen you would have worked well for you and he would have been some help to Sam. Instead you have "Challenged" Mikey.

    I hope you do great things in this world, Marcel. Good luck!

    Donna

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.