+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Marcel Vigneron - Season 2

FORT Regular
    Kind of like that guy from Runway who got booted.
    Who are you referring too? Jeffery Sebelia? He didn't get booted, he won the whole shooting match. Sorry, I just had to correct that.

Donna

FORT Fanatic
    I'm not sure whose post you're quoting, but I bet they were talking about Keith and not Jeffrey.

FORT Regular
    Did anyone listen to Sam's interview http://www.chow.com/stories/10424 He confirms what Elia says about cheating by Marcel and he was talking about during the show. He says that the producers came to Marcel, half way thru, and asked him to give up his "extra" products that he brought from home. He also had cooking books which were Verboten! Listen to his interview, it's kind of interesting.

Donna

I just listened to Sam's interview. Very interesting.

I'm not really a fan of anyone this season! Marcel is annoying and obviously did something to rub people the wrong way. I certainly understand the "mean girls" thing and group dynamics, but it seems like there has to be something more that we haven't seen--cheating could do it. I'm not saying the others were justified in the way they treated him and I was appalled at Clippergate.

OTOH, the other chefs seem petty, whiny, and too easily provoked. OK, you don't like someone--move on, deal with it. They only had to be together for, what, a month? Yes, it's a stressful situation, but be a grown-up.

It does remind me of the Keith situation on Runway. (He brought pattern books with him and did not turn them in when required to at the beginning. The other designers found out about the books and complained, so the producers had another call for contraband. He still didn't turn them in. The other designers complained and confronted Keith--he left the production for several hours, the books were confiscated, and he was kicked off when he returned to the set.)

If the chefs knew that Marcel had brought cookbooks and supplies from home, someone must have complained--I agree with those who have said that Betty and Frank would never have stayed quiet about it! Maybe everyone complained--how would we know, since we don't see the unused footage?

It kind of sounds to me that, like on Runway, there was a call for contraband to be turned in about halfway through the show. It's not clear to me that Marcel turned in the books or supplies. It's also not clear whether Betty and Frank, the loudest critics, were still in the game at this point.

The supplies are a little tricky, since someone (on this board or over on TWOP) pointed out that the store the chefs shopped in carried those supplies (xanthem gum, agar, etc). Perhaps Marcel turned in what he brought from home and then picked up new at the store. He probably would have been required to toss the supplies at the end of the challenge--maybe he hid them or put them in the pantry so that they wouldn't be discovered and he could use them on the next challenge. Who knows at this point?

If the issues with the books and supplies are true, then I can see why the other chefs would be more than annoyed with him. But, on Runway, it was really the designers who forced the producers to take action. The producers did so only after the other designers became very vocal about it and a couple threatened to leave--and only after Keith had broken several rules (having books, leaving the premises, using the internet).

This group of chefs seems so passive-agressive and/or whiny, I'm not sure they would take such a strong stand.

Quote Originally Posted by alphacat;2218717;
    I just listened to Sam's interview. Very interesting.

I'm not really a fan of anyone this season! Marcel is annoying and obviously did something to rub people the wrong way. I certainly understand the "mean girls" thing and group dynamics, but it seems like there has to be something more that we haven't seen--cheating could do it. I'm not saying the others were justified in the way they treated him and I was appalled at Clippergate.

OTOH, the other chefs seem petty, whiny, and too easily provoked. OK, you don't like someone--move on, deal with it. They only had to be together for, what, a month? Yes, it's a stressful situation, but be a grown-up.

It does remind me of the Keith situation on Runway. (He brought pattern books with him and did not turn them in when required to at the beginning. The other designers found out about the books and complained, so the producers had another call for contraband. He still didn't turn them in. The other designers complained and confronted Keith--he left the production for several hours, the books were confiscated, and he was kicked off when he returned to the set.)

If the chefs knew that Marcel had brought cookbooks and supplies from home, someone must have complained--I agree with those who have said that Betty and Frank would never have stayed quiet about it! Maybe everyone complained--how would we know, since we don't see the unused footage?

It kind of sounds to me that, like on Runway, there was a call for contraband to be turned in about halfway through the show. It's not clear to me that Marcel turned in the books or supplies. It's also not clear whether Betty and Frank, the loudest critics, were still in the game at this point.

The supplies are a little tricky, since someone (on this board or over on TWOP) pointed out that the store the chefs shopped in carried those supplies (xanthem gum, agar, etc). Perhaps Marcel turned in what he brought from home and then picked up new at the store. He probably would have been required to toss the supplies at the end of the challenge--maybe he hid them or put them in the pantry so that they wouldn't be discovered and he could use them on the next challenge. Who knows at this point?

If the issues with the books and supplies are true, then I can see why the other chefs would be more than annoyed with him. But, on Runway, it was really the designers who forced the producers to take action. The producers did so only after the other designers became very vocal about it and a couple threatened to leave--and only after Keith had broken several rules (having books, leaving the premises, using the internet).

This group of chefs seems so passive-agressive and/or whiny, I'm not sure they would take such a strong stand.
    Maybe the other chefs did complain about Marcel cheating, but nothing was done until halfway through the show. Marcel's annoying behavior combined with the cheating would explain why the other chefs disliked him so much. If Marcel cheated how can he win? The judges looked surprised when Elia brought up the cheating, but should know about it if there was a call for the cheater to give up the books/extra products.

I take everything the others say with a grain of salt. It's not like anyone in this group in incapable of lying. What a bunch of losers.
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

FORT Regular
    I'm not sure whose post you're quoting, but I bet they were talking about Keith and not Jeffrey.
    OMG, I can't believe I forgot about Keith! I really didn't remember him. Thanks for the correction.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2218543;
    Did anyone listen to Sam's interview http://www.chow.com/stories/10424 He confirms what Elia says about cheating by Marcel and he was talking about during the show. He says that the producers came to Marcel, half way thru, and asked him to give up his "extra" products that he brought from home. He also had cooking books which were Verboten! Listen to his interview, it's kind of interesting.

Donna
    Right. As I said before I NEVER buy the "if it happened why didn't we see it" arguments, when a reality show is involved. Heck, even if real life that's a weak argument.

As for the statement of some that Marcel "always took the high road", frankly that doesn't wash. What Marcel did or didn't do was ignore the others, except when he had no choice. It's all part of being super-self-absorbed. So he'd do stuff like move other people's pots or usurp an appliance, simply because for him the world stops at the end of his fingertips in most cases, then of course the OTHERS would be the ones to lose their temper and Marcel would just shrug it off, secure in his own superiority. That's the mode people like Marcel work in--I've seen examples of this my entire life--but it does make it easy to portray them as the victim, when if fact they are simply provocateurs who provoke more by just doing what they damn well please as opposed to yelling and fighting.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dondale56;2218543;

Donna
    This sounds like another olive oil accusation: pointing a finger without following through. After he and Ilan prompted Elia to make cheating accusations against Marcel in front of the judges and letting her take the heat from not being able to give any creditible cheating examples, why didn't he support her with the above information? Maybe what was in the CHOW interview was a lot of BS and he knew the Judges would treat it as BS. Surely if Marcel had really cheated halfway through the competition he would have been sent home before Cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1;2219276;
    This sounds like another olive oil accusation: pointing a finger without following through. After he and Ilan prompted Elia to make cheating accusations against Marcel in front of the judges and letting her take the heat from not being able to give any creditible cheating examples, why didn't he support her with the above information?
    Exactly. Bring up the suggestion of something but don't follow through. Puhleez. Seems to me a lot of sour grapes from people who consistenly complained about how superior Marcel seemed to think he was, but who in the next breath said he wasn't the equal of them and didn't deserve to be there. So, who is acting superior? One thing is for sure, Marcel went further than Sam and I'm sure that makes Sam nauseaous.

+ Reply to Thread