+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ilan Hall - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2146116;
    He could be Ted's long lost twin (Ted from Queer Eye). It's eerie. lol

I hope Ilan or Cliff win as they are both sweet and easy going.
    Heavens, I'm quoting myself! My opinion of Cliff sure changed after the last episode. I wonder if the same will happen to Ilan.

FORT Fanatic
    It appears from the previews for Episode 9, Ilan gets into an argument with ?
    Marcel. Why am I not surprised.

I like Ilan and have from the start, but I think on the 1/3 episode he showed his youth and immaturity. I still hope he does well and uses this experience to grow.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Lex
    Generally, I still like him too. But he stepped way over the line with his comments, especially the comment to the guests.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

FORT Fanatic
    In a recent interview Ilan still insists that Marcel "barked" at Betty despite statements to the contrary by Lee Anne and Padma who were present when all this occurred.

FORT Newbie
    I can't stand this little tool. The worst for me, even after his despicable taunting of Marcel's sexual experience or lack thereof, was at the end when HE "barked" at Marcel, "Now go cry in a corner." It's like he really was getting off on being cruel to Marcel and literally wanted to see evidence that he'd hurt him. Geez Ilan, sociopathic much?

I really lost a lot of respect for Ilan after this show. marcel can come off as annoying, but he never did anything unreasonable or anything that deserved all that. Making toast only takes about 30 seconds or so and it wasn't unreasonable to ask Ilan to wait so he can keep it warm--Ilan would have waited if Mike had asked him to--he was just picking a fight with Marcel. And then to use that to taunt him about his lack of sexual experience! Who really cares if marcel "barked" at betty. I know he definitely raised his voice--but he repeated himself several times without her listening, so he had a right to. Not to mention the fact marcel doesn't owe them any respect for the lack of respect he's gotten. I really hope this example of childish behaviour is just a fluke.

You all should check out the preview for next week's episode. Elia asks "where's Marcel?" Ilan responds "somewhere crying." Ilan's doucheness doesn't stop, he's a spoiled, closeted jackass who must have a crush on Marcel to be so fixated on Marcel's sex life. He gets worse before he gets any better and I think he's starting the trajectory of a villain arc. (oh, and Marcel raps in the preview.... seriously, I cringed.)
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Lex
    Aside from all the childish behavior, I had a big issue with his idea of a Gluttony dish. He seemed to think that making the cake as rich as possible would represent gluttony. Personally, I think gluttony is more about quantity than richness. If he had not made is so rich and maybe upped the ammount of cake, it would've fit the theme better. Plus, chocolate that's too rich can be very hard to eat, especially if a person doesn't like rich chocolate. I can eat rich stuff, but my sister turns her nose up to it.

Even if he had left the funnel cakes out, I think he still would've been in the bottom 3.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

FORT Newbie
    Hello! new here

1. I'm not sure Gluttony would be really well-represented with sheer amount, either. It's not meant to be a display of food, but a dish to be consumed, and I don't think anyone wants a HUGE pile of dessert just because it represents gluttony. Perhap (and I'm not a chef) he could have done something that appeared complex and layered, like a tall cheesecake or a Dobos torte, or some such. It's nearly impossible to represent the sin of food with food (if a seven course meal isn't gluttonous enough).

2. If anyone lost respect for Ilan, I hope you'd also admit to losing respect for everyone but Elia, since the kitchen appeared empty when Marcel came in. But seriously, when I think back on the idiotic things I did when I was 24, (and not drinking, staying up late, under constant pressure to succeed or die, etc.). Hell, I'm the nicest guy people know, but I told a friend he was short (I was high at the time) and he never spoke to me again.

3. If we're going to speculate on his closetedness, I guess we'll have to take the 'girlfriend' he mentions in his audition tape into account, or discount her. Personally, I don't think anyone but Carlos is gay. With the possible exception of Sam. But that's just wishful thinking. I think.

WL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast