+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Harold - Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Why was Lee Anne's thread locked?
    I think it wasn't unlocked from they night before. FORT locks all the threads except the "spoilers" so that's what I'm thinking happened.

FORT Newbie
    Honestly, I had to laugh when the judges called Harold's menu "simple." It's a good thing they won't be eating at my house.

Well done, Harold (no pun intended).

Good point... it's kind of a drawback of the show, that there are many aspects within the judging that only gourmets and gourmands will fully fathom. Also that we can't taste the food! Lol...

Also I felt that Harold at times has been bold/innovative and that should've counted long term (which it apparently did). Such as the spinach and sunchoke dish - rather than using cream for the spinach dish. I don't blame him at all for stepping outside his experience for the finale - too much was at stake and it's not the time to try to prove chickens can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Congrats Harold!!

Anyone else see how touchy feely, lovey-dovey Lee Anne and Harold were?? Then, at the end of the show, the long..embrace.. he and Lee Anne were having. Hmmm..

Has a relationship been confirmed between the two?
    No confirmation but it did seem there was something there (which Harold did not want to be overt about). At the very least, that was quite a loving look FROM Lee Anne to Harold, I'd say.

Also Lee Anne at the least did seem to know that and why, Harold didn't want to talk about his private life, at the Reunion show. She was also first to laugh once Ken made a joke regarding same. I think she was relieved the focus was taken off that line of questioning. Also she did go to Mexico with him after the Finale but I hear they were not alone on the trip.
    Maybe it was Harold's way to thank his team, I don't know. What is the scoop guys, if you are reading this?!

FORT Newbie
    There was no doubt in anyone's mind that Harold and LeeAnne, over the long haul, should have been the finalists. It would have made things very interesting, especially as Tiffani would probably have ended up as one of the assistants on the finale. Insert INTRIGUE here.

If Harold is going to take anyone from the show with him into his new restaurant Perilla, it should be LeeAnne - everyone else apart from Dave in front-of-house capacity would be an utterly dreadful mistake.

I wish Harold all the best, and look forward to being patron at his restaurant, I do not want to see him make mistakes out of misdirected loyalty.

And with that, I must tell you that last night I was fortunate enough to dine as family and friend at Chinatown Brasserie before it officially opened. A fine time was had by all. Here is a list of dishes not to pass up: Lychee Martini, Soup Dumplings, Roast Pork Buns, Shrimp Chile Tempura, BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Monkfish Hunan Sauce, Lobster & Noodles, Crispy Orange Beef, Mango Pudding, Ginger, Almond and Sinful Chocolate ice cream, PineApple sorbet and glasses of 20 yr old Taylor Port

Those soup dumplings sound awesome! I've been experimenting with them lately also; they are hard as hell to make (you have to work fast and clean, or the gelatin softens and makes a mess) and the taste can be hit or miss, but when they're on, they're effing brilliant. (I'm assuming the restaurant is in NYC?)

I have to add that Harold is one of the most underwhelming contestants I've seen win a reality show since.. well Chloe Dao.
    Last edited by corprip; 05-27-2006 at 02:40 PM.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Taffina, any chance you could post some of the interview highlights here?

Brandy, I haven't heard from Lee Anne since I sent her a e-birthday card. I hope she, or Harold, reads this and comes back to us. WE MISS YOU LEE ANNE!

To all: I was going to write to the Food Network and ask them to consider having Harold and Lee Anne compete against each other - maybe gals vs. guys - and promote it as the finale that should have been. What do you think? Would that be a ratings winner or what?

Roses4me, I would love to see that, but I am not so sure Harold would be interested in more tv appearances to cook.
    He seems like he just wants to open a restaurant and not be a tv personality.

As far as the interview. It was done early Saturday morning, 1am on May 27th. A radio station called Harold and spoke with him on his cell, and he was out at some place having cocktails with Dave, who was just back from Cannes. Dave did not get on the phone during the interview, though.
    It was just a rehash of everything we already know, except Harold did mention that he was a "degenerate" in highschool. He said he had no focus and was confused, and he was a bad kid.

That's about it.
    Last edited by taffina; 06-06-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Taffina, thanks for the reply!

I just read an interview with Harold. He made some nice comments about Tiffani. He's such nice guy! I'm not allowed to post the link here.
    The interview was rather bland. Nothing new to report except the part about Tiffani.

I am still awaiting Lee Anne's return.

Regarding Food Network, I'm not so sure he'd turn down a chance to earn some serious dough (LMAO) and promote his new restaurant. Even if he doesn't have the time, it's still nice to imagine what the finale should have been!

Yeah, Harold was nice from the begining. No doubt he'd be nice to tiffani. Though, I personally wasn't rooting for harold, I am glad that he won, and that tiffani didn't x3

+ Reply to Thread