+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave - Season 1

He is emotional but in the challenge where he was the server of their "restaurant" he proved he can still pull it off.

I can't believe they (all but Andrea) partied (Drank) til 3 AM every night! Wow. That surprises me since some were so competitive. You can't compete well on that amount of sleep. Well most of them were young so maybe they could. In my early 20s I could stay up late and be fresh like a daisy next day and go about my day. Still, Dave's 40, right? Maybe that's why he was so nervous. No sleep!!

It surprised me too when Dave said that he did not cry at work, only on this show. I wonder why? Was it the camaraderie, the proximity of possibly making his career dream come true, the opportunities to mix with the public (he keeps saying "it's about people" but I assume he serves food to people at his job too?) or what was it?

He's kind of a puzzle, guys. I keep picturing him as that pepper monkey, though! haha.

I think it may just be a general trait of chefs to be emotional people. Dave just shows it a little more. Cooking is kind of an earthy, sensual thing and feeding other people is a sign of being emotionally giving. I'd love to go to a dinner party hosted by Dave. I bet he goes extra miles to make everybody happy.

FORT Regular
    Dave is okay. I think he means well, and he seems to understand that being a chef is about the whole ball of wax. I don't know how he'd hold up mentally/physically in the heated stress of a fast-paced kitchen, though. Only he knows when enough is enough.

But he runs his own catering business doesn't he? I think he'd do fine. According to Dave on the Reunion show he never cries at work. Maybe the nerves were partly due to getting about 3 hrs. sleep most nights during the taping of the series.

I like comfort foods so I'd love to dine chez Dave.

Brandy is right, Dave was perfectly capable of running his own catering business while also serving as a successful executive chef at another restaurant the same time.

The fish bowl of the reality series has to take its toll on people physically and emotionally, and probably amplifies characteristics that are already there. So an emotional person can come off looking hysterical once distilled into a reality TV stereotype.

I wonder how he's doing in Cannes. It is this week isn't it?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl View Post
    Brandy is right, Dave was perfectly capable of running his own catering business while also serving as a successful executive chef at another restaurant the same time.
    I didn't realize Dave was doing both catering and executive chefing at the same time. Just to clarify my position: I was not dissing Dave; I was feeling for him and his health by being so "seemingly" stressed out on the show. That's why I said only he, himself, knows when it's too much for him. He strikes me as a caregiver and they often give until they drop themselves.

I would eat Dave's comfort food, but I would quicker make comfort food For Him. Then I'd be kind enough to clean up after him when my meal made him spew. Poor Dave.

I would love to meet Dave and enjoy some of his food. I think he really is a good person who is stressed out by the lack of sleep and competition. I would rather have Dave at my back than Ken.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Regular

Amuse Bouche At Bellevue

As crazy and stressed as this competition appears to be, from everything I've seen, it was way worse than we actually saw on tape! Poor Dave, indeed. Stress, riding sugar rollercoasters, cheap alcohol, putting up with the Dragonista, stupid challenges, and constant time-crunches are enough to do in a twenty-something yr. old at some point. Dave is 40 and probably already has his 21 yr. old, "I-can-do-anything" damage under his belt. Not Healthy for any of them...no wonder Andrea was trying to get herself out of there. That's why she was trying to give Miguel her Immunity that week; she was making a break for it!

It would be nice to see Dave in his natural habitat, all financial stable, and calm. It could happen!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I wish Dave were in the final two. I would much rather watch that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast