+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 8/23/05

Show discussion 8/23/05

Well, once again, I think I'm watching this all by myself. It's a really good episode tonight, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

The band directors should have been less concerned about Tommy and more concerned about their brass section. Yikes.

He did awesome.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Yeah he did!! I'm really happy for him. It shows he has dedication to something. And I loved how he worked the crowd. I have no idea how the brass section did. It all sounded good to me.
    When he tried out for track and kept on running right out the door was hilarious. I know they set him up for all of that. But his reaction to all the sports was hysterical. It was funny when the sports director told him the girls were going to kick his a$$. Ok maybe not the exact term he used but what he really wanted to say. LOL

I think that the thing I like about Tommy in this show is that he really DOES give everything his all. He's not there making a joke out of it. He's honestly trying. I realize that a lot of the things are staged, but I don't think his sincere enthusiasm is one of those things.

I totally agree Stargazer. That is what I was trying to say but didn't come out that way. One thing you can honestly say about Tommy Lee he's very genuine. I don't think he could be that good of an actor.
    I was glad the band guy decided to actually help him out rather than just criticize him.
    I have to add how cool are the bragging rights for that guy who helped him. "Hey dude where have you been?" "Oh I was just giving Tommy Lee some drum lessons."

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I have to add how cool are the bragging rights for that guy who helped him. "Hey dude where have you been?" "Oh I was just giving Tommy Lee some drum lessons."
    I never thought of that. You're right, though.

I was glad to see him get some help, too. Him switching to quads after playing a drum set is not as easy as it might look. I'm glad one of them got off their high horse to lend him a hand.

I saw him on Conan Obrian a few weeks ago and he said it was really hard reading music since he hasn't had to since high school.
    I'm also glad the band directors gave him the props he deserved.

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Well, I'm on the West coast, so it's just starting for me... so far the best line I've heard in a long time is "the one thing you have to do is sex your frog"
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

I really like the way Tommy comes across in this show... he's hilarious!

I think those band directors were being jerks in a way... I realize their position in concern of how the band would perform, but in Tommy's defense, being in a marching band is completely different from playing on a set of stationary drums in a band! Just because he doesn't pick it up right away, doesn't mean he's a crappy drummer!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast