+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion thread 8/16/05

Show Discussion thread 8/16/05

Ok, apparently I'm the only one watching this,but I'm really liking this show.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think the substitute tutor was a little mean. He is trying. I think its cool that he really does seem to be putting an effort into everything

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm not too happy with the Band instructors. He wasn't taught marching fundamentals, he was just thrown out there in the middle of it. I was a music major and was in marching band for eight years. You don't just learn that stuff overnight. He needs some individualized attention. It would have been done for any other student that needed help. It's almost like they want him to fail.

I think they also were pretty disrespectful to what he has accomplished. He's gotten countless young men interested in music and has been awarded many gold records. I think they could have cut him a little more slack on his difficulties in traditional band music...a genre that's probably as foreign to him as Gaelic.

FORT Fan
    Just got done watching the show, and I have to say the show rocks! I cracked up when that substitute tutor came in. I guess everyone is watching Big Brother during this.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Crap...I forgot about this coming on tonight.....I'll have to try and remember to watch it next time its on!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

At first I didn't think I would like it because it was so contrived and fake (hate the announcer with the accent). However, the roommate part was funny, and then I got into it. I wouldn't be sad if I missed an episode, but it's a good time filler and I'll watch the rest of this very short season.

BTW, I think the Cornhuskers are making a huge mistake by changing to a west coast style offense. They should have stuck with their bread and butter ground attack (which all Nebraska high schools play) instead of tricking it up to get recruits. Yeah, they have a good recruiting class coming in, but without quality in state players that fit that style of play, Nebraska will not be a contender like they once were. Obviously, this has nothing to do with this forum

I guess everyone is watching Big Brother during this.
    Thank goodness for 2-tuner PVR....now If I could only get 3-tuner PVR :-)

FORT Newbie
    I thought the show was a lot of fun. Tommy actually did play marching band music before in his high school marching band so I guess that maybe they were expecting him to have retained that better Stargazer, though I think you are right, some slack should ahve been cut! As for those of you who missed the episodes tonight, I believe VH1 bought the rights to the show as well so they are premering the first one if not 2 shows this friday, so there is your second chance.

I don't think this show should be gone into with any expectations, I had absolute zero and ended up having a really good time watching it. Totally adored the part with Mom at the very beginning of sending her son off to school, way cute! It's gonna be a fun and silly ride, but this is really enjoyable as long as you aren't expecting to take it very seriously.

It was okay. His scenes with Chancellor Perlman were good, they seemed real because I bet it was an awkward situation. His academic advisor is kind of funny. He does these physics lessons at the football games on Huskervision. pretty interesting.

His roommate is great. There is an article about him at the Omaha World herald website. This site won't let me post a link, let alone the name of the website. He went to a bar to watch the premiere.

I can't stand the announcer though. very annoying!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast