+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Discussion thread 8/16/05

FORT Regular
    It wasn't a bad show. I guess I'm one of the few around that doesn't like Big Brother, so this gives me something to watch while waiting for Rock Star: INXS.

Quote Originally Posted by 13Danielle
    I can't stand the announcer though. very annoying!
    It sounds like a drunken combination of James Earl Jones and Robin Leach

I giggled when the Dean/Presidents(?) secretary said she thought he was good looking. I think she got a little star struck. It was cute.
    I really thought it was funny when one of the band instructors said to the other one, "Is this guy really a rock star?!" Then it cuts to Tommy twirling his drum stick. I was watching to see if he'd throw it out into the audience. LOL
    I thought the band instructors where a little hard on him too but then you have to see it from their eyes. They've been busting their butts to get the band ready and now for PR they have to bring in a former rock star and try to get him up to speed. I could see some resentment on the faces of the other band members too.
    I cracked up when in botany he couldn't name any of the trees. Then it shows him studying and studying and then redeems himself by answering one question. And he struggled with it.
    Loved the part when Tommy was partying with all those girls and when Matt walked in Tommy yells "Matt!!" Then all the girls yell "Matt!!" How awesome do you think Matt felt right then?
    I did think it was a good show.

I'll keep watching the show. (Well OK, I'll keep taping it. I have to watch Big Brother.) Big thumbs down to the imbecilic narrator. But thumbs up to the rest. I'm enjoying the background music.

It's pretty brave of someone who's been drumming professionally for over 20 years to allow himself to be shown to be doing rather badly in the marching band.

It was funny how Matt was so impressed with how Tommy had decked out their room, but after awhile he looked around and said "Uhhh..... where's my stuff?" And I appreciated the brief mention of the Tommy/Pam sex tape while doing laundry; no point ignoring the elephant in the room.

And my favorite bit: "Hairy buds. Hee hee."

Yup, I'm easily amused.
    Last edited by Qboots; 08-17-2005 at 09:52 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Taped it last night and just watched tonight. I thought the show was a hoot

It was so over the top with the British narrator, "slo mo" and editing that it really shouldn't be called a reality show. You know by the end, Tommy will come out looking like he did well "and made his mother proud."

If I get too cranky, would someone wipe the drool off my chin and send me to the home!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VectorWega
    BTW, I think the Cornhuskers are making a huge mistake by changing to a west coast style offense. They should have stuck with their bread and butter ground attack (which all Nebraska high schools play) instead of tricking it up to get recruits. Yeah, they have a good recruiting class coming in, but without quality in state players that fit that style of play, Nebraska will not be a contender like they once were. Obviously, this has nothing to do with this forum
    *threadjack* Well, the talk I've heard here in Nebraska is that most people are hopeful that the West Coast Offense will kick in and start to turn things around this year. Last year Callahan was still working with all Frank Solich recruits, and it was a huge upheaval with Solich getting fired and learning a new system, so it may take a few years for everything to click as Callahan rebuilds the team with his own recruits. The trouble with what we were doing before was that we were always so predictable with the running game and we haven't had a lot of good passing quarterbacks. Plus none of our quarterbacks have ever had much success after college because nobody runs the Option in the NFL and that's all they knew how to do. I'm not a football expert but I'm excited for the season to start and see how it all plays out. *end threadjack*

Everyone here is talking about the show since it was filmed here, I even spent an extra 10 minutes at the dentist this morning because we started talking about it. Most everybody agrees that it's pretty much scripted and fake but still a lot of fun. What amazes me the most is that I never knew Tommy Lee was actually a good looking guy. I always thought he was such a skank, but when I looked closer during the show he seemed like a genuinely nice guy with a killer smile.

What amazes me the most is that I never knew Tommy Lee was actually a good looking guy. I always thought he was such a skank, but when I looked closer during the show he seemed like a genuinely nice guy with a killer smile.
    Oh totally Marleybone! I'd always seen the skanked out side of Tommy as well but all of a sudden he's looking a helluva lot more clean and MUCH better looking.

He is looking much better!! I was always a Vince Neil fan, Tommy was a far second. But he looked hot in the show, and he looks pretty good in a band uniform. I was at the game when they taped it.

Then when Motley came to Omaha, he came out screaming Cornhuskers and the corwd of course went wild.

NBC Rebroadcast time.

Man... 7 minutes in. Kinda lame so far.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I think its pretty funny. I love the scene with the chacelor when Tommy gets that "oh crap I need to be serious" look on his face. Such an uncomfortable moment.

I just googled images of motely crue because I couldn't remember what Tommy Lee looked like then. Cracked me up because I couldn't tell which one was Tommy Lee. Is he the one with black stripes under his eyes? Vince Neil is the only one who's indentifiable because of the blonde hair.

Tommy would be the one with 2 diagonal stripes on his right cheek.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast