+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I mean, I honestly can never cease to be shocked by this show. Whether it be putting 3 day old babies on the stage, the really, really risque outfits of "choice", or the pre-pageant rituals (5 hour spa day for a 4 year old?), I still can always be shocked. Looks like next week will be a crazy one, with issues with music and all that sort of thing. In a way though, you get used to seeing preschool and early grade school girls with fake hair, fake teeth, and more makeup than what I-a self-professed makeup junkie-wear, as well as outfits and routines that I personally find to be too provacative even for someone who is a teenager/young adult.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3684739;
    I mean, I honestly can never cease to be shocked by this show. Whether it be putting 3 day old babies on the stage, the really, really risque outfits of "choice", or the pre-pageant rituals (5 hour spa day for a 4 year old
    I'm surprised the 3 day old baby didn't have a spray tan, hair extensions and make-up . . . oh yeah, it was a baby boy!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3601847;
    I'm also watching for the first (and probably last) time. That stupid mother with 5 kids is psychologically abusive to the twin she considers "the loser". And the delusional mother who wants to see if her newborn has stage presence I really find this totally revolting.
    First time (and probably the last time) for me too, and I was horrified by both mothers also.

The mother and the twin girls reminded me of the (true) story of the musical,"Gypsy" where Mama Rose tries to make her "prettier" daughter into a child star (and succeeds for a few years until the little star decides she doesn't want to do it anymore) --- but the "ugly duckling" daughter, who is always in the background and is virtually ignored (and belittled) by the mother, grows up and turns herself into a mega-star (of the 1940s and 1950s), Gypsy Rose Lee!

I finally saw the episode with the twins. If that mother can't see the damage she's doing to her family, maybe she will after seeing herself on camera. It's so sad to see the sisters interact - you can tell they're going to hate each other when they're older.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3693995;
    ...It's so sad to see the sisters interact - you can tell they're going to hate each other when they're older.
    they already do.

I watched just a few mins of this show the other day when I was flipping through channels. It just makes my physically ill. I just don't see how the fake hair, fake teeth, spray tans, makeup, etc is NOT teaching your child that they are not good enough to "win" just as they are. Young girls get enough pressure from the media telling them that they need to look and dress a certain way. This takes the negative messages to an entirely new level. JMO, but I would never choose to put my daughter through this.

Okay Isabella-the girl tonight with the glasses-awesome.

"I...am...weird".

Loves it! She also made up her entire Western routine (which won her the overall Western), and it was so endearing to watch. Next week looks crazy-one of the mums says that she's a pageant mom, but she doesn't care what people think-and that it's no worse than being a welfare mom.
    Last edited by Trista; 09-10-2009 at 01:59 AM.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3696985;
    Okay Isabella-the girl tonight with the glasses-awesome.

"I...am...weird".

Loves it! She also made up her entire Western routine (which won her the overall Western), and it was so endearing to watch. Next week looks crazy-one of the mums says that she's a pageant mom, but she doesn't care what people think-and that it's no worse than being a welfare mom.

Isabella sounds like a real sweetie!

I haven't seen the show in awhile, but "crazy-mom" might make me tune in.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Last night wasn't the greatest episode, but Isabella makes it watchable. There were no "crazy moms" or anything.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Are you kidding me with this show? I'm watching it for the first time right now. I think it's horrible what they put these children through. And the mothers are disgusting contstant wannabees. The moms say this isn't fake and likes to be in the spotlight? Then teach her that wearing sequins and fake teeth isn't a "talent", it's a game of Barbie with bigger clothes. It breaks my heart to think that by not winning the biggest crown, these kids are being taught that they are not pretty enough. I mean, can they "win" by trying harder to wear sequins? Or practicing wearing wigs? My heart breaks for the kids and my stomach turns from watching these lazy, ugly mothers.

+ Reply to Thread