+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I was flipping channels just a few minutes ago and saw when tonight's show started...and when the director said she didn't want to see any "fat" little girls that they needed the barbie look I thought I was gonna throw up...I sent a really nasty letter to TLC on that one there are too many little girls who watch these shows and these children have enough problems in today's society with looks and peer pressure and being judged for anything and everything and for a grown woman to say that on a national tv show for all the girls to see makes me sick and really ticks me off

Then these folks are sitting back scratching their heads and wondering why so many girls have eating disorders whether it be starving themselves, binge eating and purging or chornic overeating ....geeee I wonder why ...I wish these moms would let these little girls be just that little girls...I am so glad I never put my daughter in any of these things
    Where did you send that letter?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some times, these kids look like beavers, with their flippers in.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kiz

‘Toddlers & Tiaras’ mom sues media outlets for ‘sexualizing’ her daughter – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

It seems the controversy surrounding TLC’s “Toddlers & Tiaras” and its pint-sized stars is never-ending.

After one contestant dressed as Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman,” another, Isabella Barrett, was filmed singing LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It” at an event.

Barrett’s mother, Susanna, has since filed a lawsuit against TMZ, Huffington Post and Daily Mail Online, among other media outlets, for running stories that she alleges “sexualize” her 5-year-old daughter, according to court documents obtained by CNN.{snip}
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Like one of my favorite saying goes: You throw a rock into a pack of dogs and you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe that hit Ol' yelping Susanna a little too close to home?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Where did you send that letter?
    I went to the TLC website and did some searching and sent letters to whom I hope are some of the head honchos...for every email address I found on the site under the contact info I sent the letter and I also called...that woman needs to be removed from the pagent circuit and she needs a serious reality check you don't go on and on about children being fat...our daughters today are faced wtih so many problems concerning their looks that life is already hard enough for them.....its one of the reasons I also got fired up with the DCC and Kelly chewing out a girl who was probably no more than a size 2 and telling her she was too fat.....
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Flipping channels and caught a few minutes of this gawd awful show. The producers should be charged with child abuse and engendering deviant behavior in adults; and the parents should have the children removed from their care until their parenting skills are remediated.

Well, maybe that's not exactly the remedy, but at minimum the show should be taken off the air.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    They will be talking about this on Dr. Phil's show tomorrow!
    Thanks for letting us know about the show.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Don't watch it if you don't want to be sick. I've watched T&T and I freely admit I find the whole "kiddie pageant" thing utterly obnoxious and valueless. I'm watching Dr. Phil now. I find it unfortunate that he is not taking the opportunity to condemn the entire industry. The argument that little girls learn "poise" from these pageants is not only sexist (do little boys need to learn "poise"?), it's nonsensical to think that it's learned by putting fake teeth and hair extensions in & parading around in a bathing suit onstage - at age 4. Frankly this Dr. Phil episode has made me angrier than the actual show ever has. It's mind-blowing that the 3 moms participating (besides the two onstage, there is a self-righteous spray-tanned cow in the audience who has the audacity to criticize the two moms involved in the media spat) defend what they're doing to their daughters. As the mother of daughters myself, this topic gets under my skin. What is the point of telling girls over & over & over again that their self-worth isn't determined by their hair or their ability to smile on command & walk in high heels when there are mothers lining their kids up to be on a tv show that values only those dubious attributes?
    spockwhat and nanaslbkp like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The only thing I liked about Dr Phil yesterday was at the end the 2 little girls came out & said they enjoyed plaing with each other.
    The one mother defened her suing TMZ even though she was the one who released the video. The point she was trying to make that her 5 year old daughter didn't know the worlds to the song & that the DJ was telling her the words to sing. I am sorry but if someone is feeding words to a song that is not apprpoiate for a 5 year old that same video would also show me taking my child away from the stage & DJ.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread