+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I actually watched this one and was very glad to see the father step in and tell the Russian mother that the daughter was going through with the pagent. You could tell her 2 little brothers adore her.
    There's no place like home!

I always hope that when the parents watch the shows they can see the error of their ways. I have to hope so. The little girl with the Russian mother is a doll, and I hope she doesn't have her spark extinguished.

That Russian mother really upset me last night. She seemed to dismiss her daughter winning a higher title but not the BIG title. Did I hear her when she said if her daughter did not win the $10,000 they would be broke? That is alot of pressure to put on a 4 year old. It is nice to see that the father & brother support the little girl.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

Agreeing with the board sentiment regarding Mia's mom.
    ------------
    Here's a link to an article written by one of the judges just after last night's show was taped with video clips from the pagent. He's not a professional judge, and it was interesting to read his behind the scenes comments, especially since he isn't in the pagent business.

Build your own doll - WWW.THEDAILY.COM

Here's his longer "writers cut" of the article.

fourfour: I judged a child beauty pageant
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

This show is like a train wreck!! I can't stop watching.....I'm stunned most of the time. Maybe I'll get off this twisted kick soon...
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Russian mom showed her butt, Russian mom's husband was weak in not telling her to grow up, Russian mom's boys showed the most maturity in how they treated their sister, Mia. Mia also was more mature than her Russian mother. Sad when the kids out-mature their parents.

The other girl who won "queen" and her mom was upset about it obviously didn't want to be there. I wish these parents were forced to watch these shows with counselors who could point out those kids who are not interested.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I was flipping channels just a few minutes ago and saw when tonight's show started...and when the director said she didn't want to see any "fat" little girls that they needed the barbie look I thought I was gonna throw up...I sent a really nasty letter to TLC on that one there are too many little girls who watch these shows and these children have enough problems in today's society with looks and peer pressure and being judged for anything and everything and for a grown woman to say that on a national tv show for all the girls to see makes me sick and really ticks me off

Then these folks are sitting back scratching their heads and wondering why so many girls have eating disorders whether it be starving themselves, binge eating and purging or chornic overeating ....geeee I wonder why ...I wish these moms would let these little girls be just that little girls...I am so glad I never put my daughter in any of these things
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 01-26-2012 at 12:19 AM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

What's particularly sad is that some of what the one mother was saying was actually sensible: that it's okay to have a piece of pie or cake as a treat, but it's not okay to eat an entire pie or cake. Unfortunately, she was linking it to appearance and what the pageant circuit demands as opposed to the idea that it's just better to eat sugary treats in moderation. If she were saying what she was saying to encourage healthier eating habits, it would be decent advice. But tying it to the idea that a little girl has to be that hyper-vigilant about her appearance because she's being judged is wrong. I hate to think what may happen in the future if these girls decide that the only way to rebel against the idea of being judged by appearance is to overeat or the only way to live up to it is to starve themselves. Either one is a type of disordered eating.

What I don't understand is why the little kids who seem to enjoy performing--like the little girl and her brother who were amusing themselves by creating characters--aren't just directed toward children's theatre. Or dance. Or music lessons. Whatever aspect of performing interests them most. It would be a great deal cheaper and they'd be judged more on their abilities than their appearances, plus they'd be learning some actual skills. Generally speaking, the hours would be much easier for kids to handle than the all day, Pixie Stix powered pageant circuit too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those kids who kept doing the "grandma" and "grandpa" imitations were HILARIOUS!!! Everytime I saw the girl doing her schtick, all I could think was "I bet you stay in trouble at school!!" I can see this child doing stand-up when she's grown. I'm sure it's hard to keep a straight face around that house! They are verrrry talented.

I can't help but wonder who got them started going down that road.
    sclilred1 and nanaslbkp like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard that director say that fat girls aren't beautiful & should do something else. Every child is beautiful! That director is the UGLY one. What about any of those girls is natural??? You glamourize these very young girls to make them appear to be grown up. Fake hair, fake tan, fake eyelashes, fake nails every part of these girls are fake. Then you wonder why there are so many eating disorders out there.

Quite frankly I don't think I will ever watch this show again.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread