+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I've only watched this a couple of times but I just saw a commercial for the new episode. A Mom is dressing her daughter in meat, a la Lady Gaga, now that takes the cake!

TLC finally topped itself. It combined Hoarders with Extreme Couponers & T&T into 1 fun packed episode. The girl did not wear Lady Gaga's meat dress, she wore a different blue Lady Gaga dress & did look much prettier.

I think TLC is rapidly becoming an unwatchable channel for me. Other than What Not To Wear & Say Yes To The Dress It is just too out-there for me.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Holy moly. Saw the new show last night. McKenzie doesn't know why she's famous! Um, because your mother lets you behave like a 2 year old when you are 6. Actually, she wasn't as bad this episode but I still can't get over how vacant her mother seems. I don't know why I watch this show. My teenage son walked into the room once, watched for a few seconds and commented, "this is disturbing." The dad of the twins was nice, but he was cheering for those girls like they were playing soccer or something...kind of weird. I guess I'll never get the whole pageant thing. I know it is heavily edited but these young children seem to be obsessed with money, which really rubs me the wrong way.

FORT Fogey

One wonders if Mackenzie is in school or is being home-schooled, because if she's in a school, I can't imagine that the other children her age don't find her behavior babyish and odd. And yeah, her mother is vacant as a jar and doesn't seem to get that it's possible that as Mackenzie gets older that pageant judges aren't going to find her babyish ways as attractive. Honestly, while she's not a physically unattractive child, I don't get the excitement over her. She doesn't seem vastly prettier or more talented that the other little girls, unless brattiness is considered a talent. And the way she and her mother treated that kitten....I wanted to call the local humane society on them. No child as poorly behaved as Mackenzie should ever be left alone with a pet. There's no excuse for her shaking that cat or bursting into tears because it might have scratched her unintentionally as it was jumping off her lap (she's lucky the cat didn't scratch her intentionally for her rotten behavior toward it). And then they just drive off for the pageant and leave the kitten unattended in an unfenced yard--and it promptly runs off. Can't say as I blame the cat's impulse to run, given the way it was treated, but you don't just leave an animal running around loose as you head out of town. Not if you actually give a damn about it. I know there are people who let cats run loose, but most towns/cities have ordinances/laws against it, and obviously a kitten running loose stands a much better chance of getting hurt or killed. They couldn't take five minutes and put it in the house before they left? Geez, they were more concerned about Mackenzie's stupid nini--which I noticed she was still whining about at six--then their pet.

I didn't like the way Cailyn treated her sister Brooke either. The parents should have stepped in and put a stop to that. I kind of liked Hailey and her mom, though. Her drag queen godfather was pretty funny too. Hailey seemed like a kid who had more going for her than just the pageant stuff, and she wasn't overly fussed up either, even for a glitz pageant. Her mother was more laid back about the whole thing than, say, Mackenzie's mom, who seemed to think the world was going to end if Mackenzie didn't win a top title.

Did anyone else think the dollhouse/playhouse was kind of an odd grand supreme trophy, so to speak, given that the older girls who were competing for it were probably not that interested in it? Hailey even pointed out that she was too tall for it at nine. Seems like they could have given a choice between that and something more appropriate for an older girl and let the winner decide which was better.

Oh, yeah, and I really hated how those other little girls were gushing over Mackenzie and telling her they were her fans. Good grief, why would anyone, even another six year old, idolize a six year old who's done nothing other than win some pageant titles and make a public idiot of herself on television.

Wasn't Hailey's drag queen godfather in an episode of Dance Moms last season?? I thought the name was the same and I thought I saw a shot of the same outfit?

I did feel for Mackenzie at the end when that little girl wouldn't leave her alone. If she were older, it may be different but Mackenzie is only 6 and does not have the capabilities to handle the situation. She's still a whiny brat at times, and that would be the first thing we'd fix, but still she should not be subjected to "overzealous fans" at her age.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    Wasn't Hailey's drag queen godfather in an episode of Dance Moms last season?? I thought the name was the same and I thought I saw a shot of the same outfit?

Yes. He was also on two seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race. I think he's trying to become famous.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Shangela" was my favorite to with RuPaul's Drag Race! I love it when he says "Hallelu!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wanted to take the cat away from Mackenzie! Poor baby. Being tounge-in-cheek here but if you watch the funny or die clip Mackenzie quits home schooling at age 8 (I am joking here)

I suppose Mackenzie is the new Eden Woods.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The mothers cannot see clearly. All the children are beautiful.

Mia's mom--textbook tryingto live through her daughter; but doesnotcare about daughter. All that facial twitching. Going to leave early and Rob her daughter of the joy of a little limelight
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That Russian mother is a witch who will make her daughter pathetic. I've seen children who live to please their parents, and it's not a pretty sight. I've noticed that it tends to continue into their adult years, too. They just don't seem to get that it's OK to live their lives to please themselves. I have one of those in my family, and it just never seems to smooth out. My relative is now 45 years old, and when I've talked to her about it, she just looks confused. She spends more time than not, staying away from her mother. It's like they never grow up/mature.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread