+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

FORT Newbie

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Did anyone watch the new one this week? I just watched it...I thought Samara was adorable and clearly enjoyed herself, and her mom seems reasonable. I thought that Natalie's mom was appalling. Throwing her bag on the ground, breaking her daughter's first trophy, and throwing a tantrum? And Natalie clearly hated it anyway. Plus she had snot all over her face half the time and no one wiped it off. It was stated to stay put even if you win princess because there was a chance for something bigger. She should be ashamed of her behavior, totally disgusting. No wonder the child throws fits, she picked it up from mom.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No....the child's behavior is age-appropriate. Mom is striving to lower herself to her daughter's level.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I cannot watch this show anymore......it's depressing. I keep thinking about what these poor kids are going to be like when they're older.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    I cannot watch this show anymore......it's depressing. I keep thinking about what these poor kids are going to be like when they're older.
    something like this maybe:
    Adults & Tiaras - YouTube
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Does this show make anyone else grateful that they didn't have parents who forced them into activities or who tried to live through them? The closest thing my mother did to anything like these moms is start me on piano lessons at age seven. However, she was also okay with me quitting lessons seven years later, when I started high school and got involved with other activities (drama, school newspaper, a part-time job). And she never forced me to perform publicly. If I wanted to, say, volunteer to be an accompanist at church or at school, I was free to do that. If I didn't want to, that was okay too. Likewise, if I wanted to audition for a play, fine. But the decision was entirely up to me.

By the way, I still play piano--even publicly sometimes. I wonder how many of these little girls will still want to be in pageants when they're adults. Or how many would want their own kids in pageants.

And what my parents invested in piano music and lessons was much, much less than what these parents invest in pageants.

Quote Originally Posted by Playswithsharks View Post
    Did anyone watch the new one this week? I just watched it...I thought Samara was adorable and clearly enjoyed herself, and her mom seems reasonable. I thought that Natalie's mom was appalling. Throwing her bag on the ground, breaking her daughter's first trophy, and throwing a tantrum? And Natalie clearly hated it anyway. Plus she had snot all over her face half the time and no one wiped it off. It was stated to stay put even if you win princess because there was a chance for something bigger. She should be ashamed of her behavior, totally disgusting. No wonder the child throws fits, she picked it up from mom.
    I have never seen this show before, but my daughter was watching it this afternoon so I watched it with her. This was the episode. I loved the attitude of Samara's mom. How you are a winner if you just try your best, winning isn't everything.

Natalie's mom needed to be smacked with a board. The way her baby was crying when they were tanning her broke my heart. She isn't even two, she doesn't want to do this. Then her tantrum when the first announced the Princess crown. I loved her friend that told her the did announce it when she claimed they didn't say a thing. I wish her husband would say something to her about her behavior. I feel for that baby. She isn't going to learn how to be a good sport if that is how her mom acts.

I don't know if I will be able to watch it again. The whole thing made me feel physically sick. Why are people pushing their babies to grow up like that? Let them be kids...they don't need all the make up and crap. It's too much.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I have never seen this show before, but my daughter was watching it this afternoon so I watched it with her. This was the episode. I loved the attitude of Samara's mom. How you are a winner if you just try your best, winning isn't everything.

Natalie's mom needed to be smacked with a board. The way her baby was crying when they were tanning her broke my heart. She isn't even two, she doesn't want to do this. Then her tantrum when the first announced the Princess crown. I loved her friend that told her the did announce it when she claimed they didn't say a thing. I wish her husband would say something to her about her behavior. I feel for that baby. She isn't going to learn how to be a good sport if that is how her mom acts.

I don't know if I will be able to watch it again. The whole thing made me feel physically sick. Why are people pushing their babies to grow up like that? Let them be kids...they don't need all the make up and crap. It's too much.
    I think it can be really harmless, and even a positive experience, if the child is excited and wants to do it. Sadly, more kids than not are pushed into it by crazy moms. Tanning their kids while they scream, forcing them to wear fake eyelashes (one mom even got glue in the kid's eye!) I saw one today (they have been on so much lately!) where the mom actually admitted she is nuts. She is the one that carried around the fake baby and thought it was funny that people have called the police on her for leaving her baby in the car. Her child, I think her name was Sydney, was actually a very cool kid...she seemed happy to do this, and my daughter was particularly interested in her because she is an All star Cheerleader and so is my daughter. My daughter (12) was really impressed with her, she was very high level (as is my own daughter) and didn't seem cocky or bratty at all.

There was another one today I caught part of...Paisley is about the cutest kid I've ever seen...simply adorable. At age 2, said she'd rather be four wheeling than do pageants, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    No....the child's behavior is age-appropriate. Mom is striving to lower herself to her daughter's level.
    Exactly!

I watched a mini marathon while wrapping presents on Saturday. The mother who whispered at her daughter about taking her ipod away & not embarassing her on national TV took the prize well maybe...along with the tiara tossing Mom & Bob's Mom.

I do think pageants can be a great thing for kids but where I am having trouble is starting these kids off so early & feeding them sugar & energy drinks to get them to perform. That I just don't approve of. I have boys so I don't get this girl thing at all. My boys did all types of sports & cub scouts. When they said they didn't want to do it anymore that was fine by me.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    something like this maybe:
    Adults & Tiaras - YouTube
    Hysterical!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, so I didn't understand the nosebleed. The girl demanding her "Kiki" and stretching out on the floor in a tantrum....I can see it happening!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread