Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Y'all might enjoy this:
    Adults & Tiaras - YouTube
    That was so funny!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Who watched last night? Forget "I want my nini" I think I have now found my favorite quote from this show. "We had her perform Poker Face on the bar at Applebees". Additionally "No one threw dollar bills at her, she's not a stripper". SMH!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I have guiltily watched a few episodes of this show and am always disgusted and shocked. There is always a little girl with tons of bad attitude who will even hit her mother. The way they make up these kids and put those wigs and flippers on them is just disgusting.

I have seen a very few of the girls who seem to enjoy doing this (usually a bit older) and have a more "natural" looking smile, etc. What I don't get is why the judges seem to value the kids who have the biggest, fakest smiles on their faces and bat their eyelashes, etc. They prance and parade and so on, and it just disturbs me that this is what the judges are looking for. I see "poise" as something different. If I were a judge in a pageant, I would want to see girls who perform well (as in having a real talent for dance or something like that) and smile more naturally. These judges seem to like the fakest looking girls.

The show makes me very uncomfortable so I don't watch often. But I've always wondered why the girls who seem to smile naturally are not rewarded for that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was struck dumb by Bob and Bob's outfit. Good Golly, Miss Molly!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was struck dumb by Bob and Bob's outfit. Good Golly, Miss Molly!
    I agree but didn't want to bring it up. The Mom said she only had the kids because she wanted them to compete in these pagents & she was disappointed when she found out Bob was a boy. You don't have children because you & your husband WANT kids you just WANTED to do pagents.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

She's right up there as one of the worst moms I've ever seen on this show. She and her husband really disturbed me - I just felt there was something off. How many families do you know that are obsessed with drag queens? The whole thing felt "pedophilia-ish."
    (Not to mention the scare tactics they seem to have used to keep thier kids out of public school. I'm a big advocate for home schooling, but I almost wondered if they kept those kids at home to limit their access to other adults. Almost as though they were hiding something.)

Bob's parents are wackadoodles. Who says they had kids just to do pageants. smh
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

My first post

I am fascinated with this series. I really enjoy seeing the kids that actually enjoy themselves. The ones that don't...well, their moms (and sometimes dads) are incredibly disturbing, but it is almost like I can't look away! I have four kids (three girls) and wouldn't put them in pageants...mainly because there is no way on earth I'd spend that much money. If one of my girls really wanted to and I could afford it, I'd let them try it, although I wouldn't be overjoyed. My girls are equally fascinated with this...it is amazing to them when they see a brat yelling or smacking her parents, they wonder why the parents don't stop them.

Same thing with most activities though, it should be the child that actually wants to do it. One of my girls is a high level competitive cheerleader, and an amazing athlete. It is expensive, especially the travel, and I could do without it. She adores it, so, we deal. I just can't see pushing a screaming child into an activity over and over, especially one that costs as much as a Kia.

I've been watching the repeats they've had on lately, and the mom that irritated me most lately was Isabella's mom. That kid does NOT want to do this, and the mom just had sour grapes. Also the mom with the girl that has the pony she dyes different colors...she actually thinks it is cute to have her daughter smack her? And Mackenzie...not much you can say about THAT. It is weird that in the episode that she has a new baby sister, the kid isn't mentioned once, she just lays on things next to Mackenize throwing fits. While I think Eden's mom is over the top, Eden appears to actually want to do it. Lola's mom is in for a world of hurt when that kid gets older, and who gives their kids straight sugar cubes?? The parents that love drag queens and had their daughter dance on a bar to Lady Gaga and the son, Bob...well, I just don't quite know what to say about that family, except maybe that Bob should have a therapy fund set up somewhere. Lastly, the one that wanted a girl specifically so she could do pageants, is obsessed with her becoming Miss America and then Miss Universe, the one that tans her 1 year old? And makes that weird pyscho bird call trill?

Did you see the chocolate chip bowling epi? For treats/rewards, the parents would actually ROLL chocolate chips across their floor, and the little girl would ty to catch in her mouth. UGH

+ Reply to Thread