+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall
    We stopped competing in a lot of them around the time my son was born. He almost killed me and I was to weak to do anything...
    You mean you almost died in childbirth? You don't say that around your son, do you? That he almost killed you, like he had some sort of active involvement in trying to make you die?

I know this is an aside, but I found it so disturbing I had to address it.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

My first child's birth was also "difficult" and I had no problem letting her know because she also knows I blame the doctor for not doing the c section he should have done instead of protecting his "lowest c section rate in the state" standing with the insurance company. Both of us went through hell, she was in NICU for awhile because of him. I will never be the same or even close to it because of him.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

OMG! Just watched Funnyordie.com's update on MacKenzie and mom....starring Leah Remini and Ashley Tisdale. Absolutely HILAROUS!!!!! Totally recommend Funny or Die - Funny Videos, Funny Pictures, and Funny Jokes for anyone who needs a little comic relief. <3

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    You mean you almost died in childbirth? You don't say that around your son, do you? That he almost killed you, like he had some sort of active involvement in trying to make you die?

I know this is an aside, but I found it so disturbing I had to address it.
    No he's four now for crying out loud. You think I would tell my son that. No I almost died from getting a blood clot in my lungs because I was on bedrest. When I was in the first trimester I had hyper emesis (extreme morning sickness) and couldn't eat or drink anything for two weeks, which meant that I was severly dehydrated, had almost no potassium in my system, and had a resting heart rate of 121. So yes I almost died.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall View Post
    No he's four now for crying out loud. You think I would tell my son that. No I almost died from getting a blood clot in my lungs because I was on bedrest. When I was in the first trimester I had hyper emesis (extreme morning sickness) and couldn't eat or drink anything for two weeks, which meant that I was severly dehydrated, had almost no potassium in my system, and had a resting heart rate of 121. So yes I almost died.
    I see. So it was the blood clot that almost killed you, not your son. Thanks for clearing that up. They were your words, not mine.

The fact that these kids are forced to do these things more than once or twice a year (and on drugs... whether it's red bull or sugar, doesn't matter) is criminal.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I sing that "Cutie Patootie" song that Eden sings to my kitties who look at me like I'm crazy! I change the first verse to "They call YOU Cutie...Cutie Patootie!" And they are more cutie patooties than anybody on those stages!!!!

It's so ridiculous, it cracks me up!!
    mom2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I see. So it was the blood clot that almost killed you, not your son. Thanks for clearing that up. They were your words, not mine.

The fact that these kids are forced to do these things more than once or twice a year (and on drugs... whether it's red bull or sugar, doesn't matter) is criminal.
    Remember the chocolate chip bowling????

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sticker, as someone who has been in the industry - albeit briefly, I can say the reason they are not violating the child laws is that most likely they're only filming the kids at most 4 hours a day. That's as long as they can "work" in a day. If they're filming a certain kid longer than that, or causing other issues then it's a violation.
    Child laws. Worse than that. I watched a few episodes months ago and decided to stop watching. I kind of understood why some people fall into pedophilia. Everytime I look at the male judges, I wonder if they are pedophiles. They have to oogle the kids to judge them and I wonder if they dream and fantasize about these kids in the clothes and poses etc. Sick.

Even worse, seeing the moms dress and prop their young kids up for the "slaughter". Trying to make them sexy, beautiful, appealing etc... for whom?? Children at that age getting into certain poses and clothes. For me, its too sickening to even watch. I wonder how much abuse there is in these circles. Either during the competitions and preping or even before the kids get to be teens. We can argue the parents are with the kids 100% of the time. We do not know for sure. But it takes a few seconds of accidently touching inappropriately to start to groom a kid for later molestation. Afterall, they have learnt skills to make themselves desirable to men and wonder how many practise these skills and the kind of trouble it gets them into. Noo.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Why do people even watch this "show"?

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Why do people even watch this "show"?
    I watched a couple of episodes only because I had read so much about here from this site...but it makes me sick to see a 5 yr old girl looking like she is 18...omg let her be a child

one episode I watched though involved an 11 yr old who wanted to be doing this and she really enjoyed and even though it was a glitz padgent she didn't look trashy

I also liked the episode of the woman who was very religious and didn't go to extremes with her child and she praised her and told her how beautiful she was and how good she was even though she didn't really win anything and then she had bags of halloween candy to hand out to everyone...her mom was trying to teach her that you did your best and thats all you can do and its okay not to be the winner all the time

but IMO from what I have seen the hard core mothers are much much worse than the children...I get the opinion that most of these little are being forced to participate so that their mothers can live through their daughters...you can tell this by the way the children behave..there are a few..a very few IMO who are really interested in being in the padgents and enjoy them but for the majority of them I think they would rather be out riding bikes or playing jump rope

I deal much better with what is called the "natural" pagents no fancy makeup no tans no hair pieces no flippers the girls wear their Sunday best dresses and compete that way and aren't made to look like 18 yr old hookers

and yes I think it easily puts these young girls in the position where men want to take advantage of them and IMO that is just plain sick
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread