+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Sticker, as someone who has been in the industry - albeit briefly, I can say the reason they are not violating the child laws is that most likely they're only filming the kids at most 4 hours a day. That's as long as they can "work" in a day. If they're filming a certain kid longer than that, or causing other issues then it's a violation.

Kiz

Toddlers and Tiaras: Where Are They Now?" catches up with Makenzie (Ashley Tisdale) and her mother (Leah Remini), 22 years later, we find out Makenzie hasn't changed a bit. Unfortunately.
    Toddlers & Tiaras with Ashley Tisdale from Ashley Tisdale, Leah Remini, Funny Or Die, allyhord, Drew Droege, rachelgoldenberg, kevinstewart, Christin Trogan, Kathryn Burns, Liam White, Aubrey Binzer, BoTown Sound, PatB, Bob Turton, and Kate Spurgeon
    mom2 and sclilred1 like this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

That was hysterical but sad...just think it will be happening just at an older age. LOL
    sclilred1 and Kiz like this.
    There's no place like home!

That was funny. Loved it.
    sclilred1 and Kiz like this.

Kiz likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I can't wait to go home & see this. Please tell me "nini" is in it!!!!
    Not to give too much away, but nini makes a lasting impression.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

OMG I was laughing so hard my iced tea made me choke. "Makenzie had to drop out of homeschooling to focus on pageants"...*LOL* way too funny! I have it bookmarked.
    I think I am going to change my signature ti 'I want my nini'. <3

Thanks for the link...you made a wet, cold & day Monday happy.
    Kiz and jenniferboston1 like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

This is going to be long so bear with me.

In 1988 (approximate date) I fell in love with pageants. I was I think 7 and I was watching a pageant on tv. I asked my mom what it was and she told me a beauty pageant, and from that moment on I was transfixed. It was very flashy and sparkly, and I didn't know why it just grabbed my attention. Well a couple of years she got married to my jerk of a step father and when I ten, I wanted to do the local fair pageant. He laughed at me and told me I was to ugly to do anything like that and no. Soon after that I started to act out, and felt horrible, I couldn't do anything, I was in no extracurricular activities there was some family abuse. In short I was taken out and put in a group home. When I was 13 I got permission from the staff of the "treatment team" to try a local pageant. (pageants during this time were very different from what you see on tv today) I did horrible, borrowed a prom gown from a staff members sister that she wore in the late 1980's, I blacked out during interview when the judge asked me a question. Needless to say after I bombed that I did not quit I went on to win some and I have lost some. When I had my daughter at 24 with my husband she was sixteen weeks old and we both competed. We have competed often in the same pageants together as a family thing.

We have done some glitz pageants in the past, but I never had fake hair, or fake tanned her or faked teeth and we have never had profession glitz pageant photos. It was odd to see some of these girls so made up. We stopped competing in a lot of them around the time my son was born. He almost killed me and I was too weak to do anything let alone take my daughter to pageant after pageant. We only averaged only three to four pageants a year at that point in time. I also had to take her out of dance classes she was doing in addition to the pageants.

She just did a pageant and she is nine now, we found a system that is neither glitz nor natural but somewhere in between. It is called Hobby Glitz. You can have the fancy outfits, but your make up and hair has to be toned down.

Pageants are extremely expensive and sometimes I think some of these people go way overboard, but I don't see much sense in demonizing an entire industry for a hand full of people's bad behavior. If that is the case then we need to get rid of all extra activities and just become bumps on a log, because every activity has it's nut cases, or it's going to offend someone.

My daughter has straight A's and does excellent at school, she loves animals, and wants to be a movie director when she grows up, or a Veterinarian. I believe strongly in her education, and that has always come first.
    Last edited by queenofitall; 10-03-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: grammar
    jadewarlock and nanarama like this.

I actually don't have a problem with pagents one a child hits a certain age & of this is what the child actually wants to do herself. I think pagents can do wonders in helping a young child grown up to be a confident young lady.
    My issue is more the parents forcing things on these babies saying this is what the child "want" to do. I think, given a choice, most 3 year olds would prefer to play outside rather that have their heair teased & hairsprayed into place to hold a hairpiece that probably weighs as much as they do. Then the have to spray tan. I know spray tanning is a popular thing to do but can we be 100% certain that the chemicals in these spray tans aren't harmful to a child? I couldn't imagine putting any type of chemicals on a young child's skin that wasn't medically necessary. Then they apply more make-up to these little girls that a stripper at a nightclub near an airport wears. Add fake nails, teeth & itchy expensive dress & then we have the meltdowns which are then quelled by energy drinks or high caffine sodas.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I am a grown woman and even I don't spray tan, and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. A lot of the high dollar glitz dresses are lined inside so they are not that itchy. A couple of weeks ago the mom was bragging about spending 2000 dollars on a dress for her daughter, and I looked at it, and she really overpaid. I couldn't believe it. I had my daughters dress shell made one year, and I did all the stoning and decorating myself, and paid a fraction of what that mom did. I never had thousands of dollars to drop on a pageant. So I always did her outfits myself.

+ Reply to Thread