+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I am sorry but I don't know of many 1 year olds that want to be caught dead in frilly white anklettes & white patent leather mary jane shoes.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Wow, one of the girls coach had a sour puss on her face almost all of her camera time!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I am sorry but I don't know of many 1 year olds that want to be caught dead in frilly white anklettes & white patent leather mary jane shoes.
    Opps...I meant to type 11-12 year olds.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kiz

That was a pretty funny typo. I wasn't going to say anything, but I was wondering, other than comfort and wanting to go barefooted, what one year would care whether or not their sock were white and frilly and what kind of shoes they were wearing.
    Allie likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I knew what you meant! <3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I could only think of how much I LOVED my shoes, as a little bitty kid. I even insisted on sleepingwith the shoes in a box, tucked under my arm, when I first brought them home. I still love my shoes, but I don't have to sleep with them anymore!

11-12........now, that's bizarre for white shoes and frilly socks!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Okay, I'm watching the show as I write this, and I still think having babies and toddlers in beauty pageants is stupid, but dressing up that baby as Humpty Dumpty was inspired. It's completely cute and age-appropriate, and the baby in question was waving and appeared to be happy. It may not be a great idea to have the baby in a pageant, but it would be a funny, sweet Halloween costume. Not that babies care about trick or treating, but I have had people come to my door with older kids who've dressed up the baby too, just for fun, as a pumpkin or something like that--or have dressed up the baby for a Halloween photo.

I also like the fact that Allesandra's mom refuses to pay thousands of dollars for a dress, because she can't help but think how many hungry kids that much money could feed. Instead she buys things at consignment shops and fixes them up from there. Loved that her daughter won a pageant dressed in a gown she bought for $9. She doesn't spray tan or do excessive make-up either--and her daughter isn't a toddler (and the daughter who is a toddler isn't competing). She may look like a pageant mom, but she seems to have more sense than most pageant moms.

But Carly's mom...yikes. Your four year old daughter really shouldn't be your best friend. Nor should anyone treat a best friend the way she treats her daughter.

Don't think it's fair that the other little girl--the brunette--should even be competing when she's complaining about being sick and clearly is sick. She's congested and coughing. Allowing her to compete isn't fair to her or to the other little girls to whom she could be passing her cold (or whatever it is).

I found last night's show to be disturbing. Gee who wants to be forced to drink something they really don't want??? Mountain Dew....REALLY????

What disturbed me more was the Mom who was proud that her daughter had a "dual" personality & then wanting the "other person" to be the one on stage & not her daughter...she can stay in the car. Why not celebrate who your daughter is & not who you want her to be?

My daughter is sick, asking for medicine & just wants to go home so why not just take her home??? Nope you force you sick child to preform & risk other children getting sick as a result of your bad decision???

I needed a Nyquil & a nitecap after this show...
    sclilred1 and sparklete like this.
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I saw they did some sort of story for one of the Magazines - I think People. While I understand they want to put the show in People because of the controversies, I worry that all it'll do is exacerbate the situation and have more parents behave this way to get their children on TV.

Just my opinions here. I saw the documentary awhile back, and also saw the commercial for this upcoming show, and have to say that I am in the "appalled" group. When I saw the documentary, they had a girl that looked a lot like Jon Benet Ramsey in it. Bizarre and disturbing is 2 adjectives that came to mind. To me, it really is just bizarre and very disturbing to be seeing a little girl on stage made up to look like an 18 year old sex object, at least in the show I saw. I have to say it really is drawing a fine line towards breaking some sort of child law or something. I think some of the parents of the girls really are trying to make their kids become famous so that they can make a lot of money someday, and maybe they think this is a step in that direction. But that is so wrong IMO, in so many ways. Most of the kids really did not seem like they enjoyed themselves too much, so I just don't buy that their kids love to do this sort of thing. I am pretty sure that most of the kids would rather be out playing in the dirt with other kids their age, than being dragged from town to town to these types of shows, and all the preparation. Frankly, I don't see how these shows are even legal, because it seems some sort of child law is being broken. It is all very sad to me to even know these kids are having to participate in these things. I really have to wonder about the parents that do this sort of thing. Very creepy + disturbing to me. What was strange to me is that the Mothers seemed to be the ones controlling things, rather than the fathers, which makes me also wonder if the mothers were maybe trying to live through their child in some bizarre way. All-in-all, I just felt very sorry for the kids. I am disturbed just thinking about it.

+ Reply to Thread