+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I found the mum of Eden (the girl who won the Ultimate title) to be the most adjusted of them all. Sure, she has spent over $60 grand (in her estimate) on her daughter in the pageants, and sure, Eden can be a brat, but then again what four-year old isn't? It also helped that she's been doing it since she was very young and that the mum has ways to help get her in line without disciplining.

The mum of the 5 girls was definitely revolting in how she treated Ashlynn-and when she won Director's Choice, I felt like it was poetic justice. It was almost like she got the castoffs of the two girls, like she was the whipping boy. I have to give that dad kudos for taking the brattier kid out of the pageant, but I honestly think that the mom may have helped feed the monster.

And for the mum of the two boys? No mum, in their right mind, should put their two-week old newborn on the pageant stage. Not even two months-wait until at least a year. Even then I am not crazy about babies on the stage-how can you tell the presence?
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3601847;
    And the delusional mother who wants to see if her newborn has stage presence I really find this totally revolting.

I had to laugh when she said "You cant prepare them mentally or physically for the stage at this age" or something to that effect.
    Chittlins forever y'all!

FORT Fan

Lord, forgive me for saying this...but what's appealing about Eden other than blonde and bue-eyes? I had to look at her for a while before determining that she's not disabled in some way. Either she's not a cute kid or there's something up with the chromosomes, if you get my drift.

I honestly don't understand, I think at that age though it's about being able to present themselves in a manner that is somewhat put-together on the stage without having a total meltdown. She also has a very small jaw and a sorta chubby face though.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3602570;

The mum of the 5 girls was definitely revolting in how she treated Ashlynn-and when she won Director's Choice, I felt like it was poetic justice. It was almost like she got the castoffs of the two girls, like she was the whipping boy. I have to give that dad kudos for taking the brattier kid out of the pageant, but I honestly think that the mom may have helped feed the monster.
    I got the feeling that the director was clued in on how poorly Ashlynn was being treated by her mother. Not that she wasn't deserving of the Director's Choice award, but I detected a note of sadness in the director's eyes and voice as she was complimenting Ashlynn (as if she understood that Ashlynn is always walking in her twin's shadow in the eyes of their mom). I know we're just seeing tiny snippets of these people's lives on these shows, but this wasn't a case of just *one* careless inconsiderate comment by an overwhelmed mom with five girls in a pageant.

I would love to see a follow-up interview with the mom after the show aired.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3603436;
    Me too! She was horrible!!! Poor Ashlynn.

Kiz

I saw that Entertainment Tonight was doing a segment about the twins Saturday, and I had hoped they were going to interview the mother, but they didn't. It was just a few highlights (correction: lowlights ) showing how the mother favored the one girl over the other.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Has this mother said anything since the airing?? What a piece of work she is

MRD

I can't even watch the commercials for this show. Seeing those little girls like that makes me want to throw up. It's disgusting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3603436;
    I got the feeling that the director was clued in on how poorly Ashlynn was being treated by her mother. Not that she wasn't deserving of the Director's Choice award, but I detected a note of sadness in the director's eyes and voice as she was complimenting Ashlynn (as if she understood that Ashlynn is always walking in her twin's shadow in the eyes of their mom). I know we're just seeing tiny snippets of these people's lives on these shows, but this wasn't a case of just *one* careless inconsiderate comment by an overwhelmed mom with five girls in a pageant.

I really felt for that litle girl.
    She seemed very sweet, but her mother so clearly favours her twin, who is, likely as a result, a less likeable child, imo.

I wasn't keen on "Tootie". Quite the little princess.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread