+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I can't help but wonder if this is a "serious development issue" or this is more an issue of giving your child boundaries? Some people just can't say "no"....it's easier for them and makes life harder on the children when they get older and older. It's about the parents, in my estimation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

actually last nights episode's weren't that painful to watch..the little girl Queen made quite an impression and it was obvious that pagents were something she really wanted to pursue and went to her mom at age 9 and told her so...I can get behind that..still have problems with the little ones that seem like they are forced and with the exception of 2 or 3 that is usually the case

one little girl gosh can't remember her name I think was in the 3 year old group had brown hair she really seemed to be enjoying what she was doing but I didn't see her win anything
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    actually last nights episode's weren't that painful to watch..the little girl Queen made quite an impression and it was obvious that pagents were something she really wanted to pursue and went to her mom at age 9 and told her so...I can get behind that..still have problems with the little ones that seem like they are forced and with the exception of 2 or 3 that is usually the case

one little girl gosh can't remember her name I think was in the 3 year old group had brown hair she really seemed to be enjoying what she was doing but I didn't see her win anything

Queen definitely noticed when her mother was getting carried away too, but she expressed it pretty funny ways. She didn't just tell her mother off.

Speaking of which, one of the two Madisons was so rude to her mother--she'd make la-la-la type noises to let her mother know she wasn't listening to her and threaten to hit her. And she was, what, three? I know pre-schoolers may try things like that to try and assert control over situations, but her mother basically just let her. Why would you let a little kid treat you (or anyone) like that? It just encourages increasing snottiness as the child gets older. That little one was begging for a time out, and she'd have been better off if she'd gotten one and been instructed to apologize afterwards. Kids may want to assert control, but they often don't really want it as much as they need limits.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

I saw a clippit of this week's episode and I have to say that dressing your daughter as Julia Roberts is fine, but dressing as Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman PRE meeting Richard Gere is not acceptable!

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Oh my, I love this show...it's like watching a train wreck! You don't want to look ....but you gotta!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp View Post
    Oh my, I love this show...it's like watching a train wreck! You don't want to look ....but you gotta!
    I know isn't it the truth..lol..but looks like tonights will be more of a flight 815 crashing on a strange island somewhere weird than a train wreck though

they need to find a way to make this easier and less stressful on the young ones though ....I think they enjoy us seeing the crying fit throwing little girls...they need a break for the little ones to be able to nap IMO
    nanaslbkp likes this.

oh man...for the first mom to say that she would take a 2nd mortgage just to pay for pagents....its like OMG..that is not something you do in this day in age with an economy the way it is in this country right now

those are the kinds of statements that karma loves

and did she say that dress cost $4000.00 or $1000.00 couldn't clearly make it out

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Mackenzie, whose nini has finally retired, had to get a flipper, because her teeth didn't look so good anymore, and the dentist who made the flipper said out of hearing range of Mackenzie and her mom, that she was likely going to have dental issues because of prolonged pacifier use. So, yeah, it's quite possible that using a pacifier for too long can screw up someone's bite.
    The flipper is usually to hide the fact that your front teeth are missing (you know, having fallen out naturally) and the adult teeth are coming in. It's the bite of the adult teeth that orthodontists worry about. But lots of kids who get attached to a pacifier or a bottle don't have this problem later. And most kids wind up getting braces either way.

I think she said the dress cost more than most people's monthly mortgage payment.

Am I the only person horrified when that father gave that little girl a cocktail of energy drink, apple juice & soda in a baby bottle??? I can't even imagine how that child feels when she crashes from that much caffine & sugar. I know the horrible headaches I had when I had to give up coffee for 2 weeks before surgery & I only drank a small cup a day without sugar.

Then that one coach with her candy works every time remark.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Almost all of the parents seem to have some type of "special drink" for their girls. Some of the clips have even shown blurred out red bull cans.

Last night, almost none of the featured girls seemed happy to be there. I watched because of the clip and It's just sad what I saw.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread