+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Eden and her mom were on Entertainment Tonight last night, prior to the show airing. They have all kinds of items they are marketing, including an Eden doll. On the Toddlers and Tiara's show as well as on ET, they showed books that have Eden's pic on it. Does anyone besides me think that the pics they have on all the Eden books look nothing like her? They are so airbrushed and she looks like an adult...everytime I see those pics I want to hurl!!! That mom is one sick woman....

I have no problem with a talent agency sponsering a pagent...I am sure its a good way to find new talent I do have a problem with girls who are already represtened by the agency participating in the pagent.....and I am sorry but I smell a rat when you consider that the two girl who are already represented by the agency win the two top prizes...that smells of a fix big time
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

From what I understand, the winners are all insiders anyways. They all have ties to the judges or the people putting on the shows. It's all very incestuous. So I didn't have an issue with the ties, especially since it was pretty clear that there wasn't a cover up going on. They all knew. They all still chose to enter.

For me, it was Isabelle's mother that was the grossest part of this show. That child looked like a monkey and doing her hair in those big nasty curls sure didn't help her any. She said in the beginning that she KNEW that both Eden and Alexis would be there and that they were represented by the producer of the pageant. She sure didn't have a problem with it then when she was sure her little trained monkey was going to win. It wasn't until she didn't win that she suddenly had a problem and began to stir the other mom's up. I have no doubt that the others they showed having an "issue" with it all only had issues after Isabella's mother said something and after their daughters lost.

Isabella wasn't going to win. Period. She isn't pretty enough, she clearly does not want to do it, she has no personality on stage. What sort of delusional world does that woman live in anyways?

The same one that Mickie Wood lives in. Eden isn't all that pretty, matter of fact the child is one more cupcake away from being overweight. The thing Eden has going for her over most these other girls is that she seems to really enjoy performing. I have no doubt that the reason they are quitting pageants is because Eden doesn't want to do them anymore. That became very clear tonight. Mickie was acting (and very badly) when she tried to say it was all for Eden (insert heart felt tears here) and that she would quit immediately if Eden had wanted it. Eden is 5. She wants a monkey (maybe she can take Isabella home and away from her horrible mother) and a pony. Doesn't mean she should get them. Point is, 5 year old children rarely know what they want and that is why the parents have to make the decision for them.

Alexis - now that is one beautiful little girl. Her mother seems just shy of being a loon but I really liked her whole support system. I wouldn't mind seeing more of her. I thought she should have won but we can't have that now, can we? Because we just can't have Eden losing.

Speaking of losing, I re-watched the Mac/Eden episode and Mackenzie is just worlds above Eden. Both in looks and class, and this is a child who screams about a nini! That's how classless Mickie and her daughter are.

I watch these shows because I find them fascinating, the lengths these women will go through! And I like watching the kids make their moms look like attention hungry fools. But I also watch because my 8 year old son LOVES this show. He just laughs and laughs and laughs and can't wait for the next one. He is also a huge fan of that outrageous birthday parties show, again because he just finds the lengths these people will go to hilarious.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

actually I found out today that Isabella won beauty supreme and had a crown but they didn't show it because they wanted the show to be all about Eden

this morning E online had a segment on the pagent last night and pretty much let their feelings be known that they thought it was fixed and now all of a sudden the article is gone gone gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    actually I found out today that Isabella won beauty supreme and had a crown but they didn't show it because they wanted the show to be all about Eden
    That actually makes sense since at the very end they showed her wearing a huge crown and I remember thinking "Where'd that come from?" since it was much bigger than the one the mother put on the floor.

I still think she looks like a little monkey (and yes, I am saying something bad about a child. However, this child is being entered into beauty pageants where they are judged on their looks.) The kid already has the personality of the mother, did you see all that tongue sticking and ugly faces she was making at the "Queen"?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Will admit I didn't see this entire episode, got hooked on Dance Moms, but I do believe this pagent was based soley on having Eden go out with the biggest "win" of her career. World's Best...so I take it there were foreign competitors? Eden didn't appear as if she wanted to do the pagent. How many times did her mom ask her if she wanted to take the dress off & go home? Then again this could have been Eden "acting" for the camera. If it wasn't an "act" the pagent directors would have been made to look like idiots with Eden's name engraved on the tiara & then have to give it to another contestant.

Her mom is a teacher correct...so wouldn't she know that one of the requirments to be President was you had to be at least 34 or again part of the "act". Micky has Dina Lohan written all over her face. Make it big darling daughter so you can provide for me even though you are only 6. Like I stated in a previous post, how many of these child stars grew up normal & healthy? What sane parent would want this for their child??? To be hounded by the press, papparazzi & crazy stalker fans??? SMH!
    It's like baseball....the World Series. Never understood that, it's not the WORLD!

Insiders, outsiders, fixed, not fixed, loonies, wannabees, desperate parents, usurious agents, ballooning costs, competitive children, the whole thing is disturbed. Caught part of one show, and I cannot in my wildest imagination see how parents can do this to their very own children; then come up with platitudes and excuses and skewed reasoning for why it's ok. It is one of the ugliest shows I've seen in a good long while! It makes me sick.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Kiz

Most of these pageant parents on T&T do nothing but encourage bratty behavior because their kids are rewarded every time they throw a fit. The parents are more concerned that their little ones are smiling little puppets than disciplining them when they're acting out. And it's no wonder the younger kids are throwing temper tantrums. After a week of cold fake spray tans, fake nails, fake eyelashes, over processed hair, long car rides, and early mornings, they're missing their naps and being bribed to perform on cue. There's all kinds of things that parents make their kids do. But, generally, parents force the point whether their kids are crying or not (bed time, inoculations, car seats, etc). But weekly doses of candy, cash, and cajoling for something that the parent wants far far far worse than the child does nothing but teaches the child that if they throw a little hissy fit, they're going to get what they want.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

ya'll are so correct about the parents...the only parent I saw was at the halloween bash...who did a lot of praying but she instilled in her step daughter that you do your best and it doesn't matter if you win...you show good sportmanship and congratulate the winner and be a good sport whether you win or lose.....I really wish that there were more parents like her involved with the pagents....she set a good example that a lot of the parents need to follow..that you do your best and thats all you can do and whether you win or lose I am proud of you
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread