+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

my 14 yr old has asked about these padgents now after seeing the show...I told her she was too old I think but if she wanted to enter one...fine...but I will only allow a natural one...she already has the body of a grown woman and I will not tolerate making her look older and like a plastic barbie doll...told her the natural ones that you just wear your sunday school dress and wear your hair normal but I doubt if we end up doing it....now that school has started she is too interested in too many other things...lol...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I see is that these pageant parents are, for the most part, teaching their children how to try to blackmail them, and they don't have the spines to stand up to them.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just saw a commerical for tonights show...said it was Eden Woods last competition, that she was retiring and it was the end of an era I almost when they said that...she is a 6 yr old girl that competes in beauty padgents not the president or the queen of england....and IMO I have seen girls during other shows that I consider to be much prettier and with much better attitudes than Eden
    Kiz and its_glinda_now like this.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I just saw a commerical for tonights show...said it was Eden Woods last competition, that she was retiring and it was the end of an era I almost when they said that...she is a 6 yr old girl that competes in beauty padgents not the president or the queen of england....and IMO I have seen girls during other shows that I consider to be much prettier and with much better attitudes than Eden
    I saw that too...REALLY...she's retiring and it's the end of an era?...Give me a break! I never understood the big attraction to her either. Must be great marketing is all I can think.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fogey

I'm watching the "Eden retires" episodes right now. Her mother referred to her as "internationally famous" and said she's spent $100,000 on pageants ("But if I hadn't, would I be standing here doing this interview?"). Look, I've seen her in a couple of episodes, but I could still pass her on the street and not know who she was.

They reran the Eden/Mackenzie episode right before this, which I mostly slept through, but I saw the very end. Eden's mother said that she was waiting for the phone call from Hollywood to call them away. When she said that, it suddenly dawned on me that that's practically exactly what Fred Willard and Catherine O'Hara's characters say in Waiting for Guffman--only that's supposed to be a mockumentary. Eden's mom actually believes it's going to happen. Heck, the "Cutie Patootie" song makes me think of O'Hara and Eugene Levy in another Christopher Guest mockumentary, Best in Show, when their characters write songs about their show dog. But then, Eden's mom kind of treats her like a show dog too.

If it wasn't so sad and pathetic, it would be hysterical.

I can't believe what I just saw Eden's agent wrote a song for her and they were recording it....its called cutie pootie.....but all Eden did was say the words like they do in most rap songs she didn't sing and even her saying the words were awful they girl has no clue out of tune she is

speaking of clues her mother needs a HUGE and join the rest of us on the planet..they only thing I see Eden turning into is another Lindsey Lohan
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 08-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.

FORT Fogey

What about her what they read when Eden was on-stage? The part about her winning an Oscar before she was twenty, because by the time she was twenty, she'd be too old? You know her mother had to have written that. Frankly, it immediately put me in mind of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

And yeah, it's ridiculous to have a pageant run by a talent agency that has clients in the competition. Talk about an obvious conflict of interest.

Every time I see Eden's mother, she's more and more over the top. My sons have won sports championships and I haven't jumped up and down, side to side, screaming my head off! Though...I disagree that the pageant was set up for her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Every time I see Eden's mother, she's more and more over the top. My sons have won sports championships and I haven't jumped up and down, side to side, screaming my head off! Though...I disagree that the pageant was set up for her.
    I don't know whether the pageant was set up for her or not, but her agency should have wanted to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest. If they represent pageant contestants, they really shouldn't be behind the pageants in which they compete too, because if one of the girls they represent wins, even if she wins fairly, there's likely to be a backlash from the other contestants that taints the win.
    mom2 likes this.

Will admit I didn't see this entire episode, got hooked on Dance Moms, but I do believe this pagent was based soley on having Eden go out with the biggest "win" of her career. World's Best...so I take it there were foreign competitors? Eden didn't appear as if she wanted to do the pagent. How many times did her mom ask her if she wanted to take the dress off & go home? Then again this could have been Eden "acting" for the camera. If it wasn't an "act" the pagent directors would have been made to look like idiots with Eden's name engraved on the tiara & then have to give it to another contestant.

Her mom is a teacher correct...so wouldn't she know that one of the requirments to be President was you had to be at least 34 or again part of the "act". Micky has Dina Lohan written all over her face. Make it big darling daughter so you can provide for me even though you are only 6. Like I stated in a previous post, how many of these child stars grew up normal & healthy? What sane parent would want this for their child??? To be hounded by the press, papparazzi & crazy stalker fans??? SMH!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread