+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Kiz

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Oh!!!! The chocolate chip bowling? Wow!!!!!! Can't even imagine.....
    That was kind of yucky. I don't care how clean you keep your floor or if you don't wear your shoes in the house. It did look funny though.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I thought she was so cute! And I think her mom was trying to avoid offending people by say "brown" and "peach". Those are the actual colors of the dolls so I thought it sounded better than her saying "black" and "white" dolls. JMO
    I thought she was cute too, young children do typically use brown or peach to describe colors. I just thought the mother was trying really hard not to offend.

The chocolate chip bowling was disgusting.

There is a video of Emerald and Allison sending each other good luck wishes before the pageant, it's cute.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

They ran a bunch of episodes back to back on Sunday, including multiple episodes featuring Mackenzie (watched back to back, they made me think she's really playing things up for the camera/audience--she can switch the drama on and off on a dime; her father also said at one point that it was just easiest to give her what she wants, so that's what he does, which made me think he was at least as ineffectual a parent as the mom). In one episode, an exhausted little girl of about four, dressed in a showgirl type outfit, had a candy cigarette handing out of her mouth and the rest of the pack in her little hand. She looked like a drunk hooker. How could her parents possibly think that was cute?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    They ran a bunch of episodes back to back on Sunday, including multiple episodes featuring Mackenzie (watched back to back, they made me think she's really playing things up for the camera/audience--she can switch the drama on and off on a dime; her father also said at one point that it was just easiest to give her what she wants, so that's what he does, which made me think he was at least as ineffectual a parent as the mom). In one episode, an exhausted little girl of about four, dressed in a showgirl type outfit, had a candy cigarette handing out of her mouth and the rest of the pack in her little hand. She looked like a drunk hooker. How could her parents possibly think that was cute?
    I didn't think they made candy cigs anymore...I know about 20 years ago there was a big time stink on it with parents protesting them...they were afraid that they would lead their children to smoke..and they felt that using a candy one could be seen as "cool" til they moved onto the real thing
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I didn't think they made candy cigs anymore...I know about 20 years ago there was a big time stink on it with parents protesting them...they were afraid that they would lead their children to smoke..and they felt that using a candy one could be seen as "cool" til they moved onto the real thing
    I didn't think they made them anymore either, but apparently they do. Maybe you can get them in stores that do retro candy. We have one of those in town that I know has bubblegum cigars (which sometimes now get passed out when new babies are born, in lieu of the real thing). I certainly hope that's the case, because if it's not, that little girl had a real cigarette in her mouth, and that's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I didn't think they made them anymore either, but apparently they do. Maybe you can get them in stores that do retro candy. We have one of those in town that I know has bubblegum cigars (which sometimes now get passed out when new babies are born, in lieu of the real thing). I certainly hope that's the case, because if it's not, that little girl had a real cigarette in her mouth, and that's worse.
    Yup. You can still get them Googled and found this:

Candy Cigarettes: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

FORT Fogey

Here's a scary thought: do you think the candy cigarettes were somehow a part of this toddler's on-stage act? Or a reward for doing her routine well?

I'm not sure which one's more appalling.

I do know they make candy chalk. I've always been tempted to palm a piece of it and just start absentmindedly chewing on the candy chalk while at the board to see how long it would take before a student said something. Seems like a great April Fool's Day joke to me, as it doesn't really hurt anybody or anybody's feelings.
    Allie likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That would be hilarious!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That would be hilarious!!!
    As long as they were old enough to get the joke> Can you imagine a kindergartener going home, opening up a pack of chalk and chowing down, telling mom "teacher ate one today. Why can't I?" lol

FORT Fogey

The students in question are way past kindergarten age. Chronologically anyway. Besides, if I did it as an April Fool's Day prank, I'd explain that it was a prank and the chalk wasn't real.

Trust me--if I thought it would actually make anyone eat chalk, I wouldn't even think about it. Though it wouldn't surprise me if one of those people on My Strange Addiction was a chalk eater.

+ Reply to Thread