+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I haven't watched last night's show yet. However last year I thought that little Eden looked like a child on anti-rejection drugs. Her face is very puffy and appears to have hirsutism.

I definitely think Mackenzies (sp) mother must be on SOMETHING. She's too calm and monotone.

I read yesterday that Eden's Mom is making an Eden inspired doll collection. Way to exploit your little money maker Mom. I believe we have found our next Dina Lohan.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I read yesterday that Eden's Mom is making an Eden inspired doll collection. Way to exploit your little money maker Mom. I believe we have found our next Dina Lohan.
    She tried to make that Eden doll happen on her first episode of Toddlers that she was on. They spent a good chunk or her show talking about the doll and how popular it was going to be.

That woman is out of her mind! Who the heck will buy an Eden Wood doll?

FORT Fanatic

Oh, come one now, Its_Glinda_Now we all know that my Great Aunt Erma from Pierre, North Dakota has been hording dolls based on toddlers wearing makeup!!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Haven't they shut this show down and charged these parents with child abuse yet? Red Bull, seriously.

Perhaps in a number of years they can dress them up, throw them in an arena and have them fight it out. All for good entertainment.

And I'm not sorry if I offended anyone. A five year old might be a brat, but is blameless.
    imissme likes this.

Last night's episode was...interesting. The girl "Serenity" - however they spelled it - was pretty sweet and unspoiled and I do think it was a nice idea for the step-mom to have her give everyone a goody-bag. Her stepmom, however, was seriously obsessed with religion to the point of being scary. I consider myself a conservative, religious person, but she was a total fanatic.
    Also last night, I actually liked the fact that the 4 yr old's mom didn't force her daughter to spray-tan when she didn't want it.
    Other than that: typical shallow, obsessed, pushy parents with often average looking kids being (it seems) forced into doing something outside what's generally acceptable for their age. (Could you believe Chloe's competition seductively shaking her "chest" in the "costume" portion - as though she had breasts?) A pretty sad way to grow up.

I sort of liked last night's episode. The halloween aspect made the pageant and the MC seem a bit more fun and tolerable for me.
    I agree about Seryniti (?)... "unspoiled" is a good description. I felt so bad for her at times - no hairbrush or curlers (!), not understanding the awards process - but she was really blessed with a sweet disposition.
    As for the other contestants, during one of those "seductive" routines, there was a mom's voiceover about how it gave her daughter great experience at getting on stage and dancing; my hubby said, "yeah, getting her ready for her future." I know the kids don't apply adult thinking to the moves in those routines they're taught, but I don't understand why the parents aren't uncomfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma View Post
    I sort of liked last night's episode. The halloween aspect made the pageant and the MC seem a bit more fun and tolerable for me.
    I agree about Seryniti (?)... "unspoiled" is a good description. I felt so bad for her at times - no hairbrush or curlers (!), not understanding the awards process - but she was really blessed with a sweet disposition.
    As for the other contestants, during one of those "seductive" routines, there was a mom's voiceover about how it gave her daughter great experience at getting on stage and dancing; my hubby said, "yeah, getting her ready for her future." I know the kids don't apply adult thinking to the moves in those routines they're taught, but I don't understand why the parents aren't uncomfortable with it.
    Yep. It reminds me of the little girl - about 4 or 5 last season who did a talent routine with "cone-boobs" ala Madonna. And she WON! (Talent, anyway.) Bizarre. Whatever happened to little girls being little girls? What mother in her right mind teaches her daughter to bump and grind or dance with cone-boobs? When she's 5?????
    I did like that judge last night who recognised that Serenity was "sweet" and not many of the girls there were. And... can you believe they forgot a brush and curlers? What were they thinking? They must've found something, though, because her hair was curly during the pageant.

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Yep. It reminds me of the little girl - about 4 or 5 last season who did a talent routine with "cone-boobs" ala Madonna. And she WON! (Talent, anyway.) Bizarre. Whatever happened to little girls being little girls? What mother in her right mind teaches her daughter to bump and grind or dance with cone-boobs? When she's 5?????
    I did like that judge last night who recognised that Serenity was "sweet" and not many of the girls there were. And... can you believe they forgot a brush and curlers? What were they thinking? They must've found something, though, because her hair was curly during the pageant.
    I noticed that as they were running late, the lady who was there to help Serenity with her hair/makeup was using a curling iron on Serenity's hair. The adults were inexcusably unprepared. If Serenity's mom wants her to do pageants, I think she would be better suited for the natural rather than glamor pageants anyway. She was a very sweet natured little girl, and she seemed to enjoy herself.

I'll never understand the attraction to teaching little girls to bump and grind and to wear seductive outfits. I was very happy that "Little Bo Peep" won for her costume. That was an adorable outfit, and she looked cute as a button.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

+ Reply to Thread