+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Last night's show was especially satisfying because neither of the "favorites" won, and then I feel guilty for enjoying seeing a little girl cry and whine like brats.

I kept reminding myself that Eden and MacKenzie are kindergarten and 1st grade age - wow! That behavior just wouldn't fly in a classroom. It's so weird to me that these parents can't see what damage has already been done to their personalities.

Tilden, I think Eden's mom is absolutely focused on her daughter breaking in to Hollywood and making millions and the two of them being set for life. She sounded so desperate especially at the end during the credits. She knows she's only got a couple more years before her daughter starts to question why her mom pushes so hard.

I loved how the editing would show the princess bed like it was off in a dream world but it was subtly mocking that the grand prize would be a girly-girly bed. At least it wasn't a puppy this time.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I seldom watch this show but I did watch last night. What sane parent gives their 5 year old daughter Red Bull??? SERIOUSLY...would this same mother give her daughter a double espresso??? She was so cranky because she was crashing from a caffine high!!!
    Here's a hint...if your daughter wants a princess bed instead of spending thousands of dollars on outfits why not buy her a princess bed instead??? She's a famous singer, dancer & actress...SHE'S 5 for crying out loud...."don't cry in front of the camera"...WHY???? Wouldn't that be a great example of her "acting" sad!!! Oy vey...yep Mom an agent is going to see your daughter any day now & you can quit your teaching job & move to LA. 10 years from now your daughter will be the next generation's Lindsey Lohan.

Don't even get me started on the Makenzie(sp?). Sorry but a hissy fit like that would have resulted in an immediate ride back home.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Last night's show was especially satisfying because neither of the "favorites" won, and then I feel guilty for enjoying seeing a little girl cry and whine like brats.

I kept reminding myself that Eden and MacKenzie are kindergarten and 1st grade age - wow! That behavior just wouldn't fly in a classroom. It's so weird to me that these parents can't see what damage has already been done to their personalities.

Tilden, I think Eden's mom is absolutely focused on her daughter breaking in to Hollywood and making millions and the two of them being set for life. She sounded so desperate especially at the end during the credits. She knows she's only got a couple more years before her daughter starts to question why her mom pushes so hard.

I loved how the editing would show the princess bed like it was off in a dream world but it was subtly mocking that the grand prize would be a girly-girly bed. At least it wasn't a puppy this time.
    I saw this show and it creeped me out on so many levels these 5 and 6 yr olds look older than my 14 year old and its sick..I'm sorry if it offends anyone but IJMO

over on another site yesterday I was reading a commentairy on Eden vs Makenzie and it was asking which team you were on...which is just as bad and shame on them for promoting this cruelty to children

but it appears Ms Eden got her bed since she is now the official spoke person for the princess beds thingy

I wish these mothers would realize that these are "little girls" they have a few precious years to be "little girls" without the worry that starts about the age of 10 -12 the development..the monthly monster...mean girls...boy drama

when she was younger mine was always trying to look older and stuff and I would tell her to stop because when it did happen she was going to wish for those carefree little girl days again and she does

these mothers are living through their children and it sickens me
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-16-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Holly in SoCal likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Any respect I could have had for Mackenzie's mom went out the door as soon as she left her daughter because she couldn't take the look in Mac's eyes when she realized she didn't win anything. Way to be there for your daughter, mom of the year.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    What sane parent gives their 5 year old daughter Red Bull???
    ... and therein lies the awesomeness of this show
    Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide

I just read that Eden will be retiring from pagent life since she is in so demand and will now move on to her wonderful acting and singing career..apparently she is in big demand for her wonderful voice.....mmmmmm I have to wonder if these people have listened to the same child I did..can we say comuter enhancement for sure
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

I loved how the editing would show the princess bed like it was off in a dream world but it was subtly mocking that the grand prize would be a girly-girly bed. At least it wasn't a puppy this time. Amen to it not being a puppy or a pony or any living creature, since most of these little darlings do not seem capable of empathy for anyone beyond themselves. And yeah, I kept thinking about the fact that these girls are either in school or will be there shortly (depending on when Mackenzie turned five) too. I know people will excuse a lot of behavior because "they're just little girls, " but they have to learn to function in the classroom, in a group where they will not always be the pampered center of attention and where their ability to model frilly dresses and eighties wear will mean very little, if anything at all. If they show the kind of attitude toward their teachers and their fellow students that they show to their mothers, they're going to be put in their places right quickly. One other thing--when the dentist said that Mackenzie using a pacifier for so long may well have damaged her teeth, I could hear my late mother saying, "See? I knew pacifiers were a bad for children's teeth!" She absolutely loathed pacifiers and never used them, precisely because she thought they would cause dental problems (though I ended up in braces anyway). One of my sisters sucked her thumb and had a thing about a particular blanket, but she gave up both of them by the time she was two. She certainly wasn't throwing a stinking fit because no one could find her blanket by the time she was four. In fact, once, when the blanket had been accidentally left behind at home and she got fussy and didn't want to nap, my grandmother pulled out a piece of ribbon binding from her sewing basket, and once she got that in her hand, she was fine. Big relief to my mom, since it was a lot easier to carry a small piece of ribbon binding in her purse than it was to lug a blanket around.

Kiz

I wonder how many little girls actually behave in such bratty ways on the child pageant circuit. Some of it is not unexpected. They're traveling often 100s of miles, they're being primped and prodded, and they're being hyped up on pixie sticks (which isn't even the worse thing after seeing the one girls mom giving her Red Bull!). Then, when they predictably fall apart, the parents bend over backward to make them happy so they won't cry and throw a fit and ruin their pancake makeup and hairstyles. The behavior of the kids make me groan, but the behavior of the parents makes me gag.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fan

And just think, when they are all just beyond middle age, they will all look (and probably act) like Bette Davis' character in "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane", lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I wonder how many little girls actually behave in such bratty ways on the child pageant circuit. Some of it is not unexpected. They're traveling often 100s of miles, they're being primped and prodded, and they're being hyped up on pixie sticks (which isn't even the worse thing after seeing the one girls mom giving her Red Bull!). Then, when they predictably fall apart, the parents bend over backward to make them happy so they won't cry and throw a fit and ruin their pancake makeup and hairstyles. The behavior of the kids make me groan, but the behavior of the parents makes me gag.

Oh, I blame the parents more too, since no baby expresses an interest in being in a pageant, and we obviously see babies at the pageants. And every time the mothers go on about how the children just love being in pageants, I remember how often we see them screaming and crying and carrying on. They'd probably be just as happy playing dress up at home. About the only thing the pageants seem to give them is over-inflated senses of themselves based solely on the way they look after hours of being fussed over and countless dollars being thrown at their outfits. Yeah, that's a message more girls need to hear: spend whatever you have to in terms of time and money so others can judge you based on the way you look.

Still, I can't abide a brat, and even if it is the parents' fault initially, I'd be hard pressed to want to spend much time with a child like Mackenzie (and if I did, she might be astonished to find out that not all adults are going to cater to her every whim and that some of us will, in fact, reward only good behavior).

+ Reply to Thread