+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Wow, that Hanks video is too funny. The sad thing is that the real stage parents who treat their kids that way, could watch the video and think it was just normal. They wouldn't get it at all! LOL

I loved that Hanks video ... and the surprise ending.

Poor Eden and Mackenzie. I'm trying to watch other shows and all TLC's commercials are doing is pitting these two against each other.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Isn't Mackenzie that little monster from Louisiana? The one who was constantly "Nooo....I don't want to....shooooo....." I would have had to spank that child till she learned some manners. I couldn't believe the way she talked to her mother and she was younger than 5!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Yep, both of those girls have brat moments. I put the blame on the parents for allowing it.

New season starts Wed June 15th at 10pm on TLC

"It's on for the fan-favorite Universal Royalty Pageant. This 80's themed Texas pageant is going to be the Ultimate Showdown between the two most famous girls to hit the pageant stage: MacKenzie and Eden."
    KAREN

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This show is that "train wreck" that I can't help sneaking a peek at. I don't know their names, but the one who had a meltdown when she couldn't find her "nay nay" (pacifier) just amazes me in the most peculiar kind of way. It's like a 50 year old woman in a little girls body.

Have to laugh that they play Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" as the background music. These girls are so far away from how genetics intended that it's outrageous. Fake teeth, fake hair, sprayed on tans, etc . . . .

Someone needs to give their mothers a dictionary with the word VICARIOUSLY circled with a bright red marker!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    This show is that "train wreck" that I can't help sneaking a peek at. I don't know their names, but the one who had a meltdown when she couldn't find her "nay nay" (pacifier) just amazes me in the most peculiar kind of way. It's like a 50 year old woman in a little girls body.
    That's Mackenzie! She's a monster! However, I blame the pandering/weak mother for it. That child needs discipline and some boundaries set.

I'm the same way with this show, I think it's horrible but I can't help but stare in fascination at these girls. So many blame the "stage" parents, however, watch this show and see that many of these girls want this. They don't just want it, they throw tantrums and demand it. It blows my mind seeing this and the way they act which makes it sort of fascinating to watch.

" ... So many blame the "stage" parents, however, watch this show and see that many of these girls want this. They don't just want it, they throw tantrums and demand it. It blows my mind seeing this and the way they act which makes it sort of fascinating to watch. ... "

Which is where the word NO! should come in. (my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    " ... So many blame the "stage" parents, however, watch this show and see that many of these girls want this. They don't just want it, they throw tantrums and demand it. It blows my mind seeing this and the way they act which makes it sort of fascinating to watch. ... "

Which is where the word NO! should come in. (my opinion)
    LOL I was thinking more along the lines of spanking and denial of treats.

Did you guys see the one where the mother would give the kid sugar to hype her up so she's stay awake and do her thing? That's just wrong! Then they complain when the child is out of control. Stop giving them sugar!

I have to admit, this show is interesting, but scary. As someone who's judged one of these things, I can tell you I've seen some pretty good turkeys out there in behavior.

Fortunately, the last time I've judged one of these the rules were pretty simple - Sunday dress, natural faced, no fuss with hair.

Meaning, no Bratz looking kids.

And all the kids were dolls in their behavior - they made it hard to choose winners in all categories for that reason. I was proud of their parents for congratulating them win or lose as well, and none were of the attitude they were better than others. Some said they weren't going to do it again, but it was more because they hated waiting, not that they weren't having fun.

Loved the rules, even if trying to judge was a pain because the hosts didn't know what they were doing and had me judge last minute. I should've tried to get $30 instead of $25 for the aggravation.

+ Reply to Thread