+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3958710;
    I felt bad for Liana. If you're going to enter your kid in a glitz pageant at least give them a fighting chance by getting the hair, make-up and outfits that are required to do well.
    If not, there are apaprently pageants for people who want their children to look more natural.

I don't know why her mother was backstage trying to watch on that little tv when all the other moms appeared to be sitting in the audience.
    "....we don't woohoo".
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3958710;
    I felt bad for Liana. If you're going to enter your kid in a glitz pageant at least give them a fighting chance by getting the hair, make-up and outfits that are required to do well.
    If not, there are apaprently pageants for people who want their children to look more natural.

I don't know why her mother was backstage trying to watch on that little tv when all the other moms appeared to be sitting in the audience.
    I felt bad for Liana. The mother was definitely odd to say the least. The kind of reminded me of a pathetic version of the "Little Miss Sunshine" family. At least they hooted and cheered for their child. Liana's family just kinda sat there and...did nothing.

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

I also felt bad for Liana for the reasons stated above. I understand that her family is more reserved/conservative, but they should find a way to overcome that for these pageants. Liana even said she wished they would yell and cheer for her.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

I think the other thing that really bothered me was the fact that the mom was sitting there telling the camera that she thinks Liana makes friends fast when the one girl is standing there mocking her long hair and calling her "long haired girl". That is the way I interpreted the situation at least.

FORT Newbie

Bump for the new season. Is anybody else watching?

I watched the first two episodes and have dropped it again. The bratty behavior of the girls and the parents are too much for me to handle.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

The mothers on this show are legit insane.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I caught an episode of this last week, though it's the first time I've watched it. I was floored when they interviewed one of the pageant moms, Julie, whose 7 year old daughter Cassidy has been a beauty queen since she was a baby. Julie's other daughter, Jenny Foster, was featured in an A&E documentary Investgative Reports: Baby Beauty Queens. Jenny was 14 at the time, and was suffering from cystic fibrosis. Her mother said she was doing the pageants because Jenny wanted to, and she didn't want to live with the regret that she didn't do something she wanted so badly. Understandable, and sadly it featured at the end that Jenny wound up dying of her illness not long after the documentary was filmed. Jenny seemed way more into the pageants than Cassidy, and it makes me a little uneasy. I guess Julie and Cassidy were featured on this show one other time; Julie commented that Cassidy has undiagnosed ADHD, that she often can't afford to pay medical bills because of the cost of the pageant, and that she and her husband are often at odds over the expense. She said that Cassidy's first pageant, she got so upset with the title she won (apparently it was a princess title, and she wanted her to win a queen title) that she ran over her crown when they left the pageant. Cassidy was 2 months old I believe she said. This was some High Point pageant taking place in Las Vegas, and I was even more floored that the girl who won Cassidy's age division was 8-the girl was taller than the average 8 year old as it was, but she looked much older.

I've often wondered what became of the little girls that were featured in these documentaires. So many of them say they want to be Miss America or Miss Universe one day, but I don't believe any accomplished that goal. I wonder if they just grow up and find other ventures I know one of the girls featured in another A&E pageant documentary won her state's Teen USA title, and a couple of them were featured as teens in an MTV pageant series.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-24-2011 at 09:25 PM.

I just can't watch this show. It goes against everything I believe in regarding children. I can't say anything more because all I've ever seen are the previews but it just seems so wrong.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching an episode right now, and I cannot believe any parent would allow a three year old to order her mother out of her room or turn to her father and say, "You stink."

Also, as a dog owner, I find it appalling that these pageants give away dogs as prizes, especially since the parents of said three year old just realized that, while dragging all the stuff for the pageant out of the car, that they left the dog their child had previously won in the car--in Georgia. In what appears to be the summer. And the three year old didn't care if they went back for the dog, so they just kept going. Argh!

Side note: they have the dog now, so they got it out of the car, but the three year old just tossed the poor thing on a metal folding chair as if it were a stuffed toy, and all the father said was, "Oops." If that child treated my dog in that fashion, she'd get more than an "oops," regardless of whether she was my daughter or not.

+ Reply to Thread