+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3922033;
    I think she was parroting what she had heard her mother say in the past. Can you imagine this little terror when she's 15???? It sends a shiver down my spine.
    BTW, interesting to see little Eden who has her own "doll," is still at it. What a boring life.
    Totally agree!

You know... I can't even bear to watch this show anymore and what I read on here about how these kids act and how their parents treat them just gives me the most overwhelming feeling of sadness.

my new favorite word....luxuriated.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

On the show last night I was cringing over the woman from Loganville's behavior getting ready for the pageant. She was coming across so "rough" and since it's where I'm from, and it isn't a good representation of the people I know, I was embarrassed. Then when the train wreck (I mean, "pageant") commenced, I was pleased to see she was sweeter and more nurturing towards her daughter than the other moms. Maybe because it was their first pageant and she hadn't had a chance to become as ugly competitive as the other moms?
    What I don't get is the moms saying that they do the pageants for their children and then you hear the children - especially the very small ones wanting to be anywhere but there.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax;3937436;
    You know... I can't even bear to watch this show anymore and what I read on here about how these kids act and how their parents treat them just gives me the most overwhelming feeling of sadness.
    I enjoyed last season, but I think I'm over it.
    I watched most of last night's episode but did forward through a lot of it.
    I know they edit to make things look a certain way, but there seem to be very few children who genuinely enjoy taking part and more often than not it seems that the mothers are living vicariously through their children.
    It's become a bit depressing.

The pageants are such a rip off, even when the director doesn't disappear with the entrance fees.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3937442;
    my new favorite word....luxuriated.
    All I kept thinking is where did she get this word.....then the child said it too!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I stumbled upon this show while looking for something else the other night. It was like a trainwreck and I couldn't stop watching. Oh. My. I've never seen anything like it! But I do have to say that I had to laugh when I heard the woman say "she luxuriated across the stage" (or something to that effect). I thought I had heard wrong until the daughter also said it. When did the word 'luxuriated' become a verb????:nono

if you watched this week's show...we hit a new height in weird....Mary and her daughter Liliana. Odd little family...odd Mom.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

FORT Big Brother Mogul TheIrishEyes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3958012;
    if you watched this week's show...we hit a new height in weird....Mary and her daughter Liliana. Odd little family...odd Mom.
    I couldn't help but laugh every time they showed the mother backstage watching the TV screen filled with snow.

I liked Keanna and her mother, they seemed about as normal as people on this show can be.
    Send me home next week! I'm taking food out of your daughter's frikkin mouth ... I'm stealing books and schools from kids in Africa! - Zach

I felt bad for Liana. If you're going to enter your kid in a glitz pageant at least give them a fighting chance by getting the hair, make-up and outfits that are required to do well.
    If not, there are apaprently pageants for people who want their children to look more natural.

I don't know why her mother was backstage trying to watch on that little tv when all the other moms appeared to be sitting in the audience.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread