+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Toddlers & Tiaras

Re: Toddlers & Tiaras

I have to say the one mom with the older girl last night had a healthy attitude. She was sweet and positive with her daughter (as was the dad) and the girl was one of the cuter and more engaging ones they've had on.
    That little Eden and her mother pretty much scare me to death. I'm not seeing the same thing her mother sees in her. She's an "okay" cute little girl, but she doesn't appear to be anything special (not compared to my grandchildren-who's parents wouldn't dream of putting them in pageants) and her self-absorbtion and attitude at such a young age is disturbing.
    Also the one crazy mom last night who was so hateful to her little girl...it was interesting how she said pageants were something they enjoyed doing together, but the little girl seemed miserable most of the time and the mom was testy and ugly.

FORT Fogey

She had her own doll? Frightening.

Today was the first day I watched an episode "Southern Glitz" out of curiosity. I am disgusted beyond belief what these insane, inadequate, insecure, pathetic mothers are forcing their toddler children to do.

3 year old Isabella was scolded so badly for messing up on stage and told it's her fault she lost, but her mother justified the scolding by saying they spent $35,000 over the last 6 months and invested all her time

4 year old Sadie is out of control unruly and her mother excuses it by saying she has a "personality". No she doesn't. She doesn't want to do it and you can clearly see that through her tantrums. The mother is seriously evil.

They wear fake hair, fake teeth and cake on makeup. How can they possibly award beauty, photogenic, etc. when they can't see what these babies even look like under their masks? This is such a sham and the parents should be ashamed. There is something seriously wrong with our system that allows this kind of exploitation.

Can we say L-O-S-E-R-S

FORT Fogey

The most telling aspect of the show is seeing mom, in the background, wearing the kid's crown and sash. That is what this investment of time and money is about....a (usually) unattractive mom living through her kid

It's on right now and my cable guide says it's the season 3 opener, so I guess this is a new episode. Le Maison de Paris.

That girl the mom calls a diva is pretty awful, but her mother seems incapable of denying her anything she wants. A pacifier at age 4 seems a bit off.

In the previous hour, there was a 10-year-old girl who had a stage name and wouldn't answer to her real name when she was in the zone. When she got up and danced it was so sad because she clearly was talented, and instead of being in a dance group with kids her age, she was doing stripper moves in a bikini. She won a big prize but not the super duper biggest prize (why do pageants do that weird tiered thing? Whatever.) and she was visibly depressed about it. Cap it off with her mother telling the camera that the girl that did win grand supreme was beautiful and there was nothing they could do about her daughter's face.

How about find an outlet that doesn't depend on the strength of her cheekbones and fake tan? Geez, these people.

Edit: Oh my god, now there's a woman who is pumping her 6-year-old full of Red Bull because "she's slow in the mornings."
    Last edited by hepcat; 06-03-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

OMG, that MaKenzie is a complete nightmare. All I can say is that her little tantrums would have lasted about 3 seconds with my mother. What a beast. She reminded me of why I just can't watch this show.

ITA Hep - why does THIS have to be the thing they put their kids in? If the girls want to perform, why not put them in dance classes or skating classes?

ETA: It's too bad that offstage behavior doesn't factor into the judges' decisions!

ETA2: Yeah, and could that "emcee" have dressed up any more? Maybe that's her fancy t-shirt
    Last edited by Critical; 06-03-2010 at 02:50 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That 4-year-old didn't talk like any 4-year-old I've ever met. The stuff that would come out of her mouth - where on earth would she get that, TV? She sounded a lot like Kate Gosselin.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3921884;
    That 4-year-old didn't talk like any 4-year-old I've ever met. The stuff that would come out of her mouth - where on earth would she get that, TV? She sounded a lot like Kate Gosselin.
    Seriously. She sounds like a truck driver with a 2-pack a day habit. Honestly, that behavior wouldn't have flown with my mom. If I'd ever spoken to her like that, my butt would have been in the car going home immediately. I can only imagine what a nightmare she'll be in 10 years!

I can't believe I watched almost an entire episode of this show. I feel like I need to go take a shower.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;3921884;
    I think she was parroting what she had heard her mother say in the past. Can you imagine this little terror when she's 15???? It sends a shiver down my spine.
    BTW, interesting to see little Eden who has her own "doll," is still at it. What a boring life.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3696985;
    Okay Isabella-the girl tonight with the glasses-awesome.

"I...am...weird".
    Like Olive in Little Miss Sunshine

+ Reply to Thread