+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Re: Teen Mom 2 Season 3

Where I used to work, they are now having to wear long sleeve uniforms all year, because of people having so many tattoos. I would love to see them all when they turn 70.
    There's no place like home!

I don't really have an issue with tattoos. They can be very artistic, but I don't think some people realize that some places would not allow that if you work for their company or business or as Captain states above, you have to roast in the summer time with long sleeves.

I almost got one a few years ago, but held off because I never could decide on what it should be. I'm glad I waited. Never say never though. lol

FORT Fogey

My sister works for the county offices in a large metropolitan area. They will not hire anyone with facial tattoos, because they deal with people from multiple cultures and multiple age groups, not to mention people with various mental/emotion/dependency issues, and for some of their clients, the facial tattoos can be offensive or downright scary. Same thing with multiple piercings. They just can't risk the people they are set up to help being too afraid or upset to come in for that help. So yeah, it's smart to think about how large, impossible to hide tattoos might affect your job opportunities.

Also, anyone who's considering a tattoo needs to visit a nursing home and see what happens to tattoos when the skin/body starts to age. If you don't want a tattoo that ends up looking distorted later, you need to be careful about where you have it placed.

As for the last episode of the actual show, did anyone else have a hard time believing that Chelsea's therapist would tell her to go look up "boundaries" on the internet? I could understand her directing her to a specific site for information or handing her some information to look at before their next session, but good grief--there are multiple sites, ranging from reliable to junk, on every subject imaginable on the web, and she's trusting a new client to be able to tell the difference, as opposed to going to look for one that makes her feel better about what she's currently doing?

I also feel a bit sorry for Jenelle's mother. I think Barbara is trying to be better about the yelling and being encouraging when Jenelle does something right, but all Jenelle can focus on is that she doesn't compliment her in the what she sees as the right way. Granted, Barbara is still far from perfect, but she does seem to be trying, and Jenelle just looks emotionally dead when she is trying to tell her she's making some progress. About the only really, truly critical thing Barbara said in the last episode was that Jenelle needed to stay on her meds, and truthfully, she does. Anyone who is bipolar does--and even Jenelle was admitting that by the end of the episode.

Oh, and does anyone else think Jenelle's new boyfriend looks a bit like a young Quentin Tarantino?

It was obvious Jenelle was not taking her meds. She just looked so angry at the restaurant with her mother.
    There's no place like home!

There is so much emabling that goes on with these shows, but Janelle's mom needs to make it a condition of her staying in her home and seeing Jace, that she takes her meds as prescribed. People with mental health issues are not always the best judge of their mental health status. If the families don't do everything they can to ensure the person stays healthy, then strangers can't.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can't make people do what they don't want to do. I've noticed that bipolar people have a tendency to feel better while they are on the meds, and stop taking them. It is THEIR choice. The creepy part is that you never know when they have decided to discontinue their meds, and total, unpredictable chaos can ensue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    It was obvious Jenelle was not taking her meds. She just looked so angry at the restaurant with her mother.
    Jenelle looked miserable. Sad. Tired. BUT at least their conversation went well. First time in a long time those two had a conversation that did not involve SCREAMING. TAKE YOUR MED's, JENELLE.

Glad to see Chelsea getting help. I so HOPE this counselor can walk her through getting RID of Adam once and for all. Also, her friend seems like a sweetheart to be there for Chelsea and all her drama.

Leah and her BF, good for them. Whatever. I think Cory wishes things were different. JMHO.

Kailyn, I do feel badly for her. She so wishes that Isaac could have a stable family. Something she never had.
    KAREN

Chelsea is off the scale with her addiction to Adam. She is so disturbed that even if he put her in the hospital, she would welcome him back with open arms. If he stole all her money, she wouldn't care. He could kill her dog and she would justify it. There is no boundary that he can cross that's not okay with her. She really is in need of serious help. IT's not just being hung up on a guy. I do wonder what would happen if some new, handsome, personable guy started giving her attention. Would she respond? I can't imagine who would do that, but if they did, I wonder if she would pay them any attention.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Chelsea is off the scale with her addiction to Adam. She is so disturbed that even if he put her in the hospital, she would welcome him back with open arms. If he stole all her money, she wouldn't care. He could kill her dog and she would justify it. There is no boundary that he can cross that's not okay with her. She really is in need of serious help. IT's not just being hung up on a guy. I do wonder what would happen if some new, handsome, personable guy started giving her attention. Would she respond? I can't imagine who would do that, but if they did, I wonder if she would pay them any attention.
    What's really weird is that even if her parents are divorced, they seem civil enough to one another. They're able to participate in birthday parties for her, parties for Aubrey etc. without any trouble. I've never heard either of them badmouth the other one. Yet with that as her example of how people whose relationship has ended can still be there for their kids, she doesn't seem to understand that she doesn't need to be with Adam to parent Aubrey. And neither of her parents appear to be abusive of one another or of their kids, yet she told that therapist that she likes guys who are jerks. Huh? Where is that coming from?

I also couldn't believe she said Adam was funny. What has he ever said or done that was humorous? I can't recall a single thing.

Adam has the perfect resume for a certified loser. That's about it. I wonder how his parents view him. Such a shame.

+ Reply to Thread