+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

Maci really pissed me off this episode. I thought the way she handled the situation with Bentley & the aquarium thing was just wrong. Her excuse is that she invited Ryan to come along with them. Seriously Maci? If the tables had been turned & Ryan had a girlfriend & was taking Bentley somewhere on his b-day & invited you, how would you feel? Awkward, I bet. I was also really mad that she took him on Ryan's day because it was Halloween. She kept saying "just for a couple of hours"... did she not see the hypocrisy in that statement? Ryan wanted bentley on his b-day for "just a couple of hours" but Maci was having none of it. I was just really put off by her behavior this episode. I just don't understand how she can't see it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I know!! I think that previously in the show, when Ryan was acting really immaturely, Maci looked golden, and everyone overlooked her immature moments because they were so much smaller in light of Ryan's. However, now that Ryan is growing, we can see her objectively.

I'm all in favor of Ryan acting more mature, but I don't consider him insisting on his time with his son as a major growth factor. I find his insistence on calling the mother of his son the "s" word in front of his son a major indication that he has not matured. Sadly, I still don't think he gets it. No matter how infuriating the other parent may be, you don't lose it and use that kind of language. I still don't think he gets it.

I wish that Caityln's mom would get a checkup. She looks quite ill. Her face is all sunk in and she looks very unhealthy. I'm curious as to why no one in the family seems to comment on that. When she and Caityln were sitting there talking to the counselor, all I could think was what is wrong with you physically lady. I have very strong suspicions about it. The counselor must have noticed it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Other than what looks like "the obvious" (and probably isn't), she looks like she lives on cigarettes and Pepsi. Feel sorry for her little boy, and what he's learning from being around her.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am so disgusted watching Amber she is the most dysfunctional person ever. She needs some serious help. She has CREATED all these issues all on her own by HITTING and BULLYING Gary while Leah was present. AND she plays the VICTIM every single time she is with anyone BUT Gary. All that crying on this past epi with her cousin and then with her mom and with Gary's mom disturbing. She just does not get it. And whats worse is someone like her mom (btw watching season after season, I think this is the first time I have seen her mom) is there rubbing her on the back, crying along with her when they should all be telling her to SNAP out of it, GROW up and FIX this mess YOU created.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I saw some magazine in the gym today with an article about how Leah is doing while Amber is in rehab. Not well, apparently. The only person actually quoted in the article was Amber's brother, who says Leah clings to his girlfriend whenever she sees her, because she misses the female influence in her life.

The article also said that Gary is too busy partying to be much of a dad, and that Gary's mother over-indulges Leah, allowing her too stay up too late and feeding her way too much sugar. But what really caught my attention is that Leah is described as acting out--whining, hitting, and biting other children, because she misses her mother's influence. Really? Isn't it possible that she's also showing her mother's influence (aside from the biting--we don't know that Amber's ever bitten anyone)?

Of course, it's not like I think the magazine in question is necessarily reliable, so all of this may be untrue.

Tilden, thanks for that info. It boggles the mind that they think Leah is acting out because she misses her mother's influence. Amber recently tried to kill herself. She is violent with Gary and makes no bones about verbally assaulting anyone in earshot. She has no regard for Leah. When Leah hears that yelling she holds her ears and turns her head from side to side as if saying, I can't take it anymore. Granted, even abused children still love their parents who abuse them. That's just how strong their love is, but you have to protect the child. They don't know what's safe and in their best interest. Oh, I read an article before Amber went into rehab that said that Amber hardly ever saw Leah. That may or may not be true.

I'm sorry that Leah is having such a rough time with Gary partying and grandma over indulging on sugar, however, it was Gary's mom who told Amber on Halloween that she was taking Leah Trick-or-Treating in an area that gave out toys and NO CANDY. I thought that was a good idea. I guess the article about too much sugar may or may not be true. It could have been influenced by someone in Amber's camp that's trying to slant things in her favor. You never know.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Tilden, thanks for that info. It boggles the mind that they think Leah is acting out because she misses her mother's influence. Amber recently tried to kill herself. She is violent with Gary and makes no bones about verbally assaulting anyone in earshot. She has no regard for Leah. When Leah hears that yelling she holds her ears and turns her head from side to side as if saying, I can't take it anymore. Granted, even abused children still love their parents who abuse them. That's just how strong their love is, but you have to protect the child. They don't know what's safe and in their best interest. Oh, I read an article before Amber went into rehab that said that Amber hardly ever saw Leah. That may or may not be true.

I'm sorry that Leah is having such a rough time with Gary partying and grandma over indulging on sugar, however, it was Gary's mom who told Amber on Halloween that she was taking Leah Trick-or-Treating in an area that gave out toys and NO CANDY. I thought that was a good idea. I guess the article about too much sugar may or may not be true. It could have been influenced by someone in Amber's camp that's trying to slant things in her favor. You never know.

Like I said, the only person quoted directly in the article was Amber's brother, who's likely to be on her side. I have a hard time seeing Gary out partying every night, if for no other reason than that he rarely seems to have enough energy to haul himself up off a couch. And really, even with the attached MTV fame, how many women could really be interested in him? I mean, it could all be true, but it could be equally false as well. The final sentence of the article was something like "Hopefully, Amber will get through treatment and get back home with her daughter who misses her." Frankly, I haven't seen Amber act like that much of a mother. I'm sure Leah misses her, but I'm not convinced having her mommy back (or her Amber, since that's what Leah calls her) is going to fix everything for Leah. I've said all along that Leah was whinier than the other kids on the show from the get go, because that's what she saw her mother (and her father--Gary can whine too, but he doesn't do it as much as Amber) do in order to get her own way. Now Leah is whining, fussing, hitting, and biting. Only the latter is something we haven't seen Amber do too. Children imitate the adults in their lives. It's a perfectly natural part of growing up. Unfortunately, the adults in Leah's life haven't given her much that's positive to imitate.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Leah acting out could be a combination of both imitating Amber and acting out her emotions about the chaos around her. Psychologically speaking, though it's probably not true that she "misses a female influence" because kids that age haven't really been gender primed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

I wish that Caityln's mom would get a checkup. She looks quite ill. Her face is all sunk in and she looks very unhealthy. I'm curious as to why no one in the family seems to comment on that. When she and Caityln were sitting there talking to the counselor, all I could think was what is wrong with you physically lady. I have very strong suspicions about it. The counselor must have noticed it.
    She also seems unstable, it is obvious she has some type of substance abuse issues. Doesn't Butch suffer from substance abuse? I mean they are both sooo immature and so dysfunctional...I just can not believe how Caitlyn and Tyler can keep it together. Tyler cracks me up, he is sort of dorky but in a cute way. Have they ever shown Caitlyns father? Tyler's mother seems pretty normal, I just can't see her with Tyler's dad Butch...

One thing that bothers me is how Caitlyn plays with her rubber bands in her mouth, it just grosses me out...I just hate watching people play with things in their mouth like people who bite their nails (BTW, Bobby Flay soooo busted biting his nails on the last epi of NFNS!) or play with their cuticles with their teeth....ewwww...just GROSS! But, that is MY issue... LOL...

+ Reply to Thread