+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Teen Mom 3

Re: Teen Mom 3

I find it bizarre that they (Maci and Ryan) shared a birthday party. Bentley should've had two parties....unfortunately, with breakups/divorces that's what typically happens! JMHO though. No flames! <3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    Wow. You were really that upset? How much time do you spend around teenagers? Because I'm 100% sure she didn't mean it offensively... it's just a lack of verbal skills. I think she meant "my" as in "the person I talked to, my interviewer" and "girl" just because she needed a noun... she couldn't use boss since she wasn't her boss yet..... I guess I just don't understand what you found so offensive and ignorant?
    Yes, yes, yes, I was that upset! I guess I am used to teens being prepared for job interviews, and I made sure that my son had preparation in speaking correctly, and making a good impression. I'd spring a "pop quiz" on him, in a New York minute! He was not going to get out there and embarrass me, his father, or himself! And I'm not interested it what Catelynn "meant"....I was concerned with what she said; I'm not about trying to figure out what somebody meant....I'm about the factual. I put my crystal ball in storage a very long time ago. I can't even blame this on her socio-economic status....I've seen girls like her perform much better. Tyler was much more appropriate. I think it's sad that schools are not preparing students for getting out into the working world.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-04-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Well. I'm sorry you weren't interested.

I thought you were referring to the way she talked about the interview afterwards, when she was talking to Tyler about it. I guess I don't judge people based on their vocabulary.

I'm afraid I do concern myself with how a person presents themself in public. I am a business owner and have been for a long time. I can't think of many jobs that a lady would apply wearing a sweatshirt. I know she just popped in to get an application, but still. I guess I'm old school. First impressions are crucial. Still, she got the job, so that's great. Perhaps the owner will explain to Catelyn the proper way to dress and act in the business.

I realize my grammar is not perfect, but when I listen to the grammar that the vast majority use on reality shows, it blows my mind. For example, why do people say "I seen him come in." Why wouldn't they say, "I saw him or I have seen him?" I'm not sure why so many people don't use proper grammar. When people talk that way, it tells me that they will not be able to write correspondence in a professional setting. It's not that I am being mean, it's just being professional.

Farrah's family has pretty good grammar, but I think that is because Farrah's mom has her graduate degree. Most of the homes we see on Teen Mom are not equipped with education backgrounds.
    prhoshay likes this.

How is Catelynn supposed to know she's supposed to dress a little more appropriately to fill out a job app? Her mother? Hr stepfather? No way. No offense, but April (her mother) never dresses nice....Sorry, again, please no flamers! <3

OH! Even though Farrah may speak with a wider vocabulary, she's horrible to watch. She IS bitchy and rude. Good luck finding a guy.
    holly71 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    OH! Even though Farrah may speak with a wider vocabulary, she's horrible to watch. She IS bitchy and rude. Good luck finding a guy.
    Funny you say that, there was a segment on E last night that she has found a guy. I was doing other things while it was on but I think they said he lives in Texas and has already met the baby. She said "if he ends up working out he has to be good with her anyway, so why not introduce them early" or something like that.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain View Post
    I thought you were referring to the way she talked about the interview afterwards, when she was talking to Tyler about it. I guess I don't judge people based on their vocabulary.
    Yes, I was talking about Catelynn's conversation with Tyler. Where I come from, people just don't talk like that about a potential employer. And it wasn't exactly a personal conversation, since it was taped and televised. Had she shown up at my home talking like that, and I was aware of it, we would have been having class, then and there! I can't stand it when people, be they children or teens don't try to put their best foot forward. I will work with them any time I can.....the heck with their deprived parents.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caitlyn doesn't have much of a role model, but sometimes you have to just look around and make those decisions for yourself. Some people are self starters and others aren't.

May I ask a question since we are on this topic. If you were around adults (over 18 years of age), that are family or friends, and they repeatedly used poor grammar, would you correct them or not? I think that they don't know any better, but it seems cruel for me to just ignore it. They will keep doing it and go other places and humiliate themselves even more. I don't want to be rude either. Should I just ignore it? Maybe other people don't think it's a big deal. ?????

FORT Fogey

I would ignore it. It's not your place and it'll make them feel unintelligent, and it'll make them feel like you think you're in a position to correct them. I'd just lead by example.

I'm still confused as to what terrible thing Caitlynn has done that makes her an ignorant non-self starter? She referred, in a conversation at home, with Tyler, to the woman who interviewed her as "my girl"?
    analisa_roche likes this.

+ Reply to Thread