+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 3/8 Teen Mom Discussion Thread **spoilers**

Jenelle doesn't take care of Jace because she does not have to take care of Jace. She's got somebody to do it for her and allows her to be irresponsible. I've said before that Jenelle was raised to act irresponsibly, and not held to standards. Yelling, and not requiring, is not any way to raise a child to be a responsible adult. I do believe that Jenelle does have it in her to be responsible for Jace, but why bother if you don't have to, and all you are going to do is get yelled at....well, anyway, I could see that being her train of thought. All she seems to want to do is to get away from her mother's negativity. Convoluted thinking, but logical to some.

And the police officers are out there to do their jobs, and that is what they were doing. They are qualified to know about the differences between criminal or civil happenings....or, at least, we hope they are. It comes down to the difference between what IS their job and what is NOT their job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Jenelle doesn't take care of Jace because she does not have to take care of Jace. She's got somebody to do it for her and allows her to be irresponsible. I've said before that Jenelle was raised to act irresponsibly, and not held to standards. Yelling, and not requiring, is not any way to raise a child to be a responsible adult. I do believe that Jenelle does have it in her to be responsible for Jace, but why bother if you don't have to, and all you are going to do is get yelled at....well, anyway, I could see that being her train of thought. All she seems to want to do is to get away from her mother's negativity. Convoluted thinking, but logical to some.
    That makes a lot of sense. And its actually a lot like Chelsea. Chelsea isnt working or finishing school because her dad is paying for her to sit around the house all day and do whatever she wants. Same way Janelle does stupid things like leave for Jersey for a weekend...she doesn't have the responsibility of Jace. I think if she was taking care of him full time she wouldn't have done that because there would have been more for her to leave behind.

Chelsea needs to grow up and see that her Father is doing it all for her and her child, while her boyfriend just sits around, paying no rent, paying no child support...in a word doing nothing, just sponging off of everyone. She needs to get back to school..get a degree..and find herself!

Kailyn needs to get out of that house. Get an order of protection and get the baby away from Jon. His parents mean well, but they are just enabling their son to be just another do nothing Dad. Jon needs to step up a little more, yes his parents are supplying the basics, but if Kailyn leaves with the baby, who is going to help?

Jenelle needs Anger Management. Yes her Mom is controlling, but she needs that kind of controlling because she is "out of control". Both of the guys she has hooked up with were crap, she claims her Mother doesn't understand, but she does. She sees the pattern evolving.

Yes, Barbara can be a hardass, and an irritant, but that is what Jenelle needs...if not, I can see her leaving her child home alone to go bar hopping with her new Boo..

As to Leah and Corey...I hope they work it out. He is the only stable man in the bunch. He stepped up as a Dad, even when Leah starting with her BS. I hope this is one that will be for keeps...but only time will tell.

Word to the wise...use condoms!

FORT Fogey

If that's what Jenelle "needs" then why hasn't it worked so far?? It's not what she needs, it's the opposite of what she needs, and it's creating the mess that she is. I agree that she needs someone strict - but that's not what Barbara is. All she does is yell, she doesn't back it up. Jenelle needs someone who doesn't yell but has very strict rules and punishments.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Agreed. I've never noticed anger management really being a strong deterrent/learning experience for anyone. It is not a miracle cure....well, maybe if you do it many multiple times but, even then....I don't know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Jenelle just needs to learn (and probably will do so the hard way) from the consequences of her behavior. She is a selfish entitled kid who has not had discipline or limits

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    Jenelle just needs to learn (and probably will do so the hard way) from the consequences of her behavior. She is a selfish entitled kid who has not had discipline or limits
    Exactly. No one can make her understand why her actions are wrong. One day there will be a major consequence for something she does and it'll stop her dead in her tracks. She has to learn on her own.

Not defending Jenelle here, but Barbara has helped to create the loser that she is today. I don't know if she's always been this way or if it's because she's fed up about Jace, but when you teach your kid that nothing they do is right they start to believe that they are no good. She can really be overly harsh sometimes. For instance, when Jenelle bought Jace her birthday gift for him she was so happy to let him have that. So what if it wasn't the perfect gift in Barbara's eyes? So what if he was a little young and it would be a little while before he could learn to use it? She tried. She went out, she shopped for her son, picked something she liked for him, and took joy in seeing him with it. How can she feel like a mom to him if Barbara has a negative comment about whatever she may try to do for him? She can't even dress him without hearing Barbara's mouth. I can see if the clothes were not correct for the weather, etc, but sometimes it's simply because she likes something else better. Jenelle probably feels she can do no right so why even try? It's much easier to live up to being the screw up that her mom believes she is and constantly makes her feel like.

As for Chelsea, couldn't have happened to a nicer person that her worthless babydaddy forced her friend out and then ran out himself. If she couldn't see who was there for her and who was not she needed to lose the security of having that friend there in order to ever appreciate having someone stand by her in the future. Her dad is a mess as well. He should have simply put his foot down. They do not get to play house on his dime. If Chelsea wanted to move him in, dad should have told her that to do so he would have to assume responsibility for his family. Pay the bills, you get to move in, kick out the friend, raise your kid, help care for the woman you want to shack up with. Otherwise, get to stepping!

Glad Leah went for the second opinion. Following your gut is such an important part of parenting. I went through doctors telling me not to worry and everything will fall into place, etc. Then when they find something they try to minimize how off base they were. They are only human, but sadly, many doctors hate to admit if they just don't know. Sometimes a doctor has simply not encountered a situation before or hasn't been able to connect the dots regarding the symptoms. Glad she has the drive to keep searching for answers.

Jo-can't stand the guy. Kailyn is not perfect, as a matter of fact she screws up quite a bit, but she is in an awful situation. So happy to see her mom finally stand up for her in the last episode. She needed someone to have her back. Jo and his posse, I mean parents, want her to sacrifice everything while Jo gets to run around and be a bully. I think Kailyn is so anxious to date just to have someone to turn to. Hopefully if her mom stays in her corner she can get her life together. Yes, I think Jo's parents do their best to help the two of them, but they are doing their son no favors by allowing him to treat someone like that and still telling her she can't date. It makes Jo believe that he has control over her life, and that is a dangerous thing to have a young man thinking-that he has the power to control a woman with what he has. That a woman must bend to his will if he can offer food, shelter, cash etc. They should be teaching him that if you treat a woman that way she has every right and every reason to want to not be with you. If they have to suck it up and let Kailyn date he might learn something. He may learn that they are trying to help their grandson, and while he is their son and they love him, they will not allow him to abuse anyone in their presence. The parents have every right to set rules, but they should be rules that benefit Issac's development and not Jo. They should let her know that she can stay in the basement for X amount of time, pay a small amount of rent, no boyfriends in their home, and if she gets pregnant again she has to leave sooner. Jo will wail like a child, but in the end perhaps they could make a man out of him. If he wants a family he has to behave a certain way to have one. If he wants property he needs to buy himself a dog.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Not defending Jenelle here, but Barbara has helped to create the loser that she is today. I don't know if she's always been this way or if it's because she's fed up about Jace, but when you teach your kid that nothing they do is right they start to believe that they are no good. She can really be overly harsh sometimes. For instance, when Jenelle bought Jace her birthday gift for him she was so happy to let him have that. So what if it wasn't the perfect gift in Barbara's eyes? So what if he was a little young and it would be a little while before he could learn to use it? She tried. She went out, she shopped for her son, picked something she liked for him, and took joy in seeing him with it. How can she feel like a mom to him if Barbara has a negative comment about whatever she may try to do for him? She can't even dress him without hearing Barbara's mouth. I can see if the clothes were not correct for the weather, etc, but sometimes it's simply because she likes something else better. Jenelle probably feels she can do no right so why even try? It's much easier to live up to being the screw up that her mom believes she is and constantly makes her feel like.

---I really wish we had more backstory on Jenelle and Barbara. Has their relationship always been like this? If it hasn't, what caused the shift? How was Barbara raised (not that that's an excuse, but it might offer an explanation)? Is Barbara short-tempered and loud with everyone, or is it just Jenelle? Is Jenelle as defiant with everyone as she is with Barbara? It's hard to figure out who's exactly at fault for what here, when they both obviously have problems and we don't fully know what caused them.

As for Chelsea, couldn't have happened to a nicer person that her worthless babydaddy forced her friend out and then ran out himself. If she couldn't see who was there for her and who was not she needed to lose the security of having that friend there in order to ever appreciate having someone stand by her in the future. Her dad is a mess as well. He should have simply put his foot down. They do not get to play house on his dime. If Chelsea wanted to move him in, dad should have told her that to do so he would have to assume responsibility for his family. Pay the bills, you get to move in, kick out the friend, raise your kid, help care for the woman you want to shack up with. Otherwise, get to stepping!

---Chelsea is a spoiled brat. What's sad is that her father, who behaves in a manner completely opposite to Barbara, isn't helping her any either. He never really registers any firm objection to anything Chelsea does, and she clearly does not appreciate what he does for her. What's odd is that she seems to be drawn to a completely different type than her father at the same time that she's got no problem at all depending on him for everything. Perhaps her father thinks indulging her is the only way he can protect her and Aubrey, but it's not helping Chelsea grow up at all.

Glad Leah went for the second opinion. Following your gut is such an important part of parenting. I went through doctors telling me not to worry and everything will fall into place, etc. Then when they find something they try to minimize how off base they were. They are only human, but sadly, many doctors hate to admit if they just don't know. Sometimes a doctor has simply not encountered a situation before or hasn't been able to connect the dots regarding the symptoms. Glad she has the drive to keep searching for answers.

---I'm glad Leah is continuing to seek out help for her daughter as well. It's hard to justify Allie being that developmentally delayed without there being a reason for it, particularly with her twin right there as a comparison. Could be whatever she has is just so relatively rare that it's not an easy diagnosis to make. Taking her to St. Jude's is likely a good idea, since they specialize in the treatment of children.

Jo-can't stand the guy. Kailyn is not perfect, as a matter of fact she screws up quite a bit, but she is in an awful situation. So happy to see her mom finally stand up for her in the last episode. She needed someone to have her back. Jo and his posse, I mean parents, want her to sacrifice everything while Jo gets to run around and be a bully. I think Kailyn is so anxious to date just to have someone to turn to. Hopefully if her mom stays in her corner she can get her life together. Yes, I think Jo's parents do their best to help the two of them, but they are doing their son no favors by allowing him to treat someone like that and still telling her she can't date. It makes Jo believe that he has control over her life, and that is a dangerous thing to have a young man thinking-that he has the power to control a woman with what he has. That a woman must bend to his will if he can offer food, shelter, cash etc. They should be teaching him that if you treat a woman that way she has every right and every reason to want to not be with you. If they have to suck it up and let Kailyn date he might learn something. He may learn that they are trying to help their grandson, and while he is their son and they love him, they will not allow him to abuse anyone in their presence. The parents have every right to set rules, but they should be rules that benefit Issac's development and not Jo. They should let her know that she can stay in the basement for X amount of time, pay a small amount of rent, no boyfriends in their home, and if she gets pregnant again she has to leave sooner. Jo will wail like a child, but in the end perhaps they could make a man out of him. If he wants a family he has to behave a certain way to have one. If he wants property he needs to buy himself a dog.

--I agree with every point but one. I realize people own dogs--I own one myself--but they really can't be equated with property in the sense that everything Jo does to Kailyn--treating her poorly, behaving erratically (one moment wanting to reconcile, the next calling her a whore), throwing her out and keeping her necessities when her behavior doesn't suit him--he could even more easily do to a dog, and the dog would suffer for it. People who are abusive to other people are frequently abusive toward animals as well, so I'd hate to see a dog in the hands of a bully too.

Of course you are right! That was a bit of sarcasm there, since every time I watch a "People' Court" type show I cringe when they must value an animal as property only. I know we love our pets so much more than that. I understand why the courts must see it that way, but still, I cringe. So yes, mea culpa!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast